• Breaking News

    Friday, July 9, 2021

    Gears of War | Cog Enlistment

    Gears of War | Cog Enlistment


    Cog Enlistment

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 09:00 PM PDT

    Post up your gamertags to make some new friends this week! Please use the following format:

    • Game: (Which gears game you want to play.)
    • Gamertag: (Your gamertag.)
    • Type: (Pro? Casual? Scrim? Horde? Campaign?)
    • Region: (Your timezone or general geographic area.)
    • Time: (When you are free to play.)
    • Platform: (PC/Xbox One/360)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Literally me��

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 09:49 AM PDT

    I was watching family guy and I noticed Stevie has a lancer in his armory

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 04:03 PM PDT

    Gears Community is so angry right now! ��⚙️

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 09:48 AM PDT

    There's no such thing as non-toxic Gears pla-

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 07:28 PM PDT

    My Version Of The COG Commando (Heavy Armoured)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 06:06 PM PDT

    I just cant let go...

    Posted: 09 Jul 2021 01:01 AM PDT

    I just cant let go...

    Went old school tonight. Giving Gears 5 & the XBOX a break to visit an old friend at the battlestation. Comes with me every time I upgrade to a new rig. Dropped in around midnight, and next thing I know its 4am. Still just as fun now as it was then. You always remember your first.

    https://imgur.com/3ZQOBff

    https://imgur.com/gcCaTyz

    submitted by /u/DeadByDeadite
    [link] [comments]

    Cant Connect To Gears Services (Gears 5 for PC)

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 07:06 PM PDT

    Hey everyone. I'm just seeking some help if anyone has encountered a similar issue and knows of a solution to this issue I am dealing with.

    I picked up Gears 5 from the Steam sale for my PC . I mainly copped it to play story solo, but a buddy of mine ended up scooping it as well. We played a couple hours of campaign together over a few days, and we were really enjoying it. Then yesterday I went to hop on and was greeted with a load of errors that result in me not being able to connect to the GOW services... even my social tab cannot connect. The only thing I can do is start up campaign solo, I can't look at the customization tab nor connect to any other game mode.

    I googled solutions and really couldn't find much, until I came across a suggestion that maybe it was the Xbox services not working. Checking my Xbox Networking tab I saw that something called "Teredo" (some software that connects you to xbox social and things) wasn't working properlly, and my server connectivity wasn't connected. Bingo, I thought, this has to be the issue. After countless hours of going through forums on how to fix this Xbox service issue, I finally seem to have fixed it. Excited, I launched Gears expecting it to finally work............ and nope..... still can't connect.

    All my other games on Steam seem to be working, even other Xbox serviced games like State of Decay 2. I have no idea on what the problem is. I'm beyond frustrated, as I've spent more hours trying to fix this than the actually playing time I have for the game. I submitted a ticket request to gears/xbox support, but it looks like it'll be days before a response. I know I purchased the game to play solo, but playing with my friend was super fun, and reminded me of my young days when I played Gears 1-3 with my brother. I don't have the courage to finish the story solo at this point, and I'm on the edge of asking Steam if it is possible for a refund. But before I do, I thought I'd just give it one more shot and see if anyone on this reddit has any advice or solutions.

    Any input would be greatly appreciated, and thank you in advance.

    submitted by /u/NyStiles1210
    [link] [comments]

    Tak really said fuck the humans. I hope they never patch this bug ��

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 10:28 AM PDT

    Has anybody noticed that the operation went from 13 to 10 weeks?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 04:12 PM PDT

    Anyone wanna play with me?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 10:24 PM PDT

    I'm really loving Gears 5 but none of my friends play and I find myself wishing I had some people to play with. Wizbeau is my gamer tag if you wanna add me, I'm down for whatever. I kinda suck so be patient lol. I'd appreciate it, I need a good online squad 🤟

    submitted by /u/Schedule-Background
    [link] [comments]

    Windows store or steam?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 10:05 PM PDT

    People of this sub and fellow residents of sera. If you have bought gears 4 from windows store, how often does it go on sale. And as for steam i havent seen gears 5 on sale that often. Anyway i got back from work yesterday and tried to buy gears 5 only to see that a few seconds were left for the end of the sale. I did add it to my cart but the price reset :/ tough luck. Was planning to play this as i have holidays.

    submitted by /u/elvisesau
    [link] [comments]

    Is Gears 5 worth picking up on the steam sale?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 06:16 AM PDT

    I don't know whether I should get the game or not. It's on sale for 60% off.

    I know i'm asking on the Gears subreddit which will obviously be a bit biased, but can I get an unbiased opinion or two on if I should pick it up? Main thing about Gears that i've played 2,3 and 4 for is horde mode. And what does this game bring to the table that's new? Is it an improvement from Gears 4?

    Update: Thanks for the feedback everyone. I decided to purchase it!

    submitted by /u/AnakinDislikesSand
    [link] [comments]

    Team Syndrome Lancer, Gnasher, Hammerburst and Markza available this weekend during the Mid-Split Playoffs

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 10:40 AM PDT

    Team Syndrome Lancer, Gnasher, Hammerburst and Markza available this weekend during the Mid-Split Playoffs

    📢 Team Syndrome Lancer, Gnasher, Hammerburst and Markza will be available to claim this weekend 🔔 at 🖥️ https://live.gearsofwar.com 👀 during the Mid-Split Playoffs! 🔐

    Mid-Split Playoffs - July 10th & 11th Watch & Win Team Syndrome Lancer, Gnasher, Hammerburst and Markza

    8:00am PT / 10:00am CT / 11:00am ET / 4:00pm BST

    Your Timezone - https://savvytime.com/converter/canada-vancouver/8am

    See my links on my Reddit profile.

    submitted by /u/AceSMcCloud
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 voice lines

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 02:25 PM PDT

    Who do you think has the best voice lines

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/AJarOfCookies15
    [link] [comments]

    [SPOILER] Del is likely canon. Here's why.

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 11:04 AM PDT

    This isn't about who I like more or who I chose. I won't waste too much time getting into the nitpicky details. I'm going to focus on the more important tidbits.

    Meta-lore :

    TC hasn't yet explained which timeline of events is canonical. In my mind, they're probably going to do a split campaign in Gears 6 depending on which timeline the player chooses. That's what I would do, but regardless of whether it's revealed to us, TC has a set of canonical events.

    The only thing that's been said on the subject, that I'm aware of, is from an old dev stream they did a while back focusing on lore questions. Obviously, Gears 5's ending was brought up. Of note, Jason Hough (TC's writer for the Gears 5-era novels Ascendance and Bloodlines) said that he believes Del is saved, and iirc, the previous community manager dude agreed.

    That can't really be taken as a certainty, obviously. But being that he was TC's primary writer, and that he's a professional who would have at least some information on the lore that we don't, his opinion carries a lot of weight.

    In-universe lore :

    The biggest reason is due to the nature of the current era's story arc - it's ultimately revolving around Kait, her family and the ties with the Swarm/Locust. The most consequential aspects of this boils down to Gears 5 Act 2, where Del extracts a lot of crucial data on the Locust - and where he learns about the full extent of Kait's connection to the Swarm (directly controlling them, almost as though she were under mind control herself. Or, more likely, becoming the Queen herself ) and that she killed Oscar. The others don't appear to be aware of this full extent. At least Jinn certainly doesn't, and if she doesn't, I highly doubt the rest of Delta Team knows. Only Del knows, and that's really only because Niles Samson revealed it.

    Regardless, this denotes 2 things:

    Del, given what he knows and has access to, is a lot better positioned to solve the question of how to locate and destroy the nexus (and potentially the Swarm/Locust for good) than JD is. He knows more about what's actually going on than anyone else other than Kait.

    Secondly is a simple matter of trust. Kait probably trusts Del a lot more (for both obvious and non-obvious reasons); trust is a very important commodity in a world where Jinn and the COG are trying to get you arrested. And if it really came down to it, I'm not sure if JD would object to that arrest if he believed it could help destroy the hivemind.

    Now, theres some other reasons as well, but these are the most important to the actual plot.

    So there's weight to the possibility that Del is still alive. The primary motivating reasons for it being JD really comes down to the fact that he's Marcus Fenix's son and is the deuteragonist. That's important from both a meta-level perspective and a fan perspective, but there isn't much ammunition otherwise to build a case for him, and if I'm being honest, I personally don't think it makes much sense.

    The only other thing I'll say is that there's probably a sense of poetic vengeance if JD dies. For several reasons, we can conclude that Queen Reyna actually is Myrrah (or, at the least, they've become one and the same). Marcus Fenix is responsible for killing her children, and so she kills his child - which is a good motivator for keeping Marcus Fenix at the forefront of the storyline heading into the future. This seems like a crackpot idea at first, but remember: Gears is full of poetic stuff like that. And particularly relevant here is when Kait and Del first get to Mt. Kadar. Kait sees a vision where she stabs Myrrah in a pose identical to when Marcus Fenix stabbed her. All this is to say that there is still, essentially, a very personal war being fought between Marcus and the Queen. JD's dying fits neatly into that narrative.

    submitted by /u/ClusC
    [link] [comments]

    Can we make 1v1 gnasher permanent?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 10:09 PM PDT

    Such a fun, quick game mode when you have no friends. Plus the map mercy rocks. Currently 14-0, I was suppose to get off hours ago.

    submitted by /u/TheRealSlimShady0
    [link] [comments]

    Did they shorten operation 7 with the most recent update?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 07:26 AM PDT

    Pretty much what the title says. I checked it yesterday and it says we're on week 8 of 10, but unless I'm going crazy I thought it was 13 weeks? I started this operation late and I think I could've got to top 1000 in the 13 week time frame to earn the weapon skins, but if we only have like 2 weeks left I'm probably out of luck.

    submitted by /u/AcousticSnail
    [link] [comments]

    Is the sound lag bug still present on PC?

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 01:02 PM PDT

    Last time I tried out Gears 5 was with Game Pass on PC but there was this weird sound bug where it would lag behind the subtitles. The subtitles would appear but what was written was only spoken several seconds later or not at all. I tried back then multiple fixes from installing third party sound boosting software to updating Windows to editing .ini files but nothing worked so I gave up on the game. Now I saw the game again on the Steam sale I considered picking it up but I'm afraid that the sound bug is still present. Is the sound bug fixed or is there a consistent fix that solves it?

    submitted by /u/Gandalf-the-Pro
    [link] [comments]

    The Hunters Master Solo as Striker

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    The Hunters Master Solo as Architect

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 11:50 AM PDT

    Gears 2 progress is gone!!

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 03:45 PM PDT

    I just installed the game after years of being away from xbox and all my achievements and multiplayer progress is gone! I'm back to lvl 1 and my achievements are gone too even tho I had tons of them including beating the game on insane. Am I missing something?

    Oh and I'm on xbox one s.

    submitted by /u/insanetoker89
    [link] [comments]

    Online Service Issue

    Posted: 08 Jul 2021 01:34 PM PDT

    Hey guys, anyone else having problem connecting to Gears servers? I can't coop whit a friend of mine because of this. (Estana)

    submitted by /u/Mastiff97
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment