• Breaking News

    Monday, August 24, 2020

    Gears of War | My boy Dizzy, waiting patiently to be thrown into the mix

    Gears of War | My boy Dizzy, waiting patiently to be thrown into the mix


    My boy Dizzy, waiting patiently to be thrown into the mix

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 08:04 PM PDT

    Today's a big day in my house. My son is going to play his first Gears game. I've had the physical copies of 1-3 for a while and he's been asking me to play since watching me play 4 and he's been asking me to buy him Gears 5 for a while and I told him he should start with the original.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 11:39 AM PDT

    Operation 4 (Blender 3D)

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 02:18 PM PDT

    Easily one of the most ridiculous things I’ve ever done with Clayton’s Heavy Shell.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    TC Should make Thrashball Drone happen already.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 12:16 PM PDT

    “So, what are we doing tomorrow?”

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:00 PM PDT

    Got lucky on my first free for all win.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 08:20 PM PDT

    Though this was a Reaver IRL ...

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 03:06 PM PDT

    My Gears of War Funko Pop! collection... complete!

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 04:11 PM PDT

    My Gears of War Funko Pop! collection... complete!

    Aside from prototypes (which I'm fine with knowing I'll never own one, let alone all of them!)... my collection is now 100% complete! ALL of the Gears of War Pops, including all the sticker variants!

    I finally picked up the last one this week, the 2016 SDCC Limited Edition Marcus Fenix w/ Gold Lancer. (bottom row, 2nd from left.) Yes, I already had it with the shared exclusive sticker on it, so I had to get the one with the SDCC sticker, too!

    I had no intention of picking that one up either. But when I happened across it on eBay when looking for Funko Pops, and I saw the price, I couldn't pass it up!

    These Pops here make up the only 100% complete run of any franchise of Pops I collect. And they're by far my favorites. I'd get rid of the others before I got rid of these.

    https://preview.redd.it/a3qff9v62ui51.jpg?width=1994&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9ada130051ec9b46026e50f5a1e05dbcb3d55126

    submitted by /u/Loiselle3
    [link] [comments]

    Clayton + Trishot is a disguisting combo

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 03:40 AM PDT

    Anybody Down For Some og horde?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 01:24 AM PDT

    Hey Guys,I've Noticed That Not Many People Play Horde In Gears 2,So Does Anybody Wanna Play?

    Also I'm 12,Thats OK Right?

    submitted by /u/RizeAvex
    [link] [comments]

    The fact that Xbox One controllers are forward compatible makes me REALLY happy.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 08:27 AM PDT

    Bang. Boom. Bop.

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:54 PM PDT

    When did TC state the Locust would not be coming to horde in GOW5, and what exactly did they say?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 05:46 PM PDT

    I listened to the tac com stream over the weekend talking ab changes in horde and escape and what could and couldn't be coming. Throughout the cast they said multiple times that the locust ARE Not coming to horde and it simply isn't gonna happen... Where was this talked about and said that they are not possible for horde and what exactly was said?

    submitted by /u/3piecesets
    [link] [comments]

    Guardian is Broken if the enemy team gets to your spawn

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 04:50 AM PDT

    I Played 30 Hours of Ranked This Weekend

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    As the title states, I played about 30 hours of ranked throughout this weekend and OH BOY, I am on the verge of an aneurysm. I honestly think that this is one of the sloppiest, most unbalanced matchmaking/ranked systems I've ever actively participated in.

    With the preseason coming to an end, I thought I'd share my thoughts and also get a feel for how the community feels about the current state of competitive play. Mind you, I'm not a great player, I tend to float around Onyx 2.

    Some suggestions I have for balancing out ranked play:

    • Halve the entry GP cost per AFK on your team
      I mostly only play KOTH in ranked, and I find that nearly 70% of my losses tend to be due to AFKs/Quitters. This game mode in particular (I can't speak for the others) becomes nearly impossible to win as a 4v5, much less the dreadful 3v5. And yet, it seems like 1 out of every 3 games I play there's an AFK on either team. How is this problem so rampant? Why are there not stricter punishments for quitting?
    • Ban 3+ man parties/make it a separate playlist
      This should really speak for itself. Being in a 3/4/5 man party gives a huge communication boost that the opposing team may not have and makes it incredibly easy to climb. Juxtaposed, lone wolf players like myself will really struggle here. I think in the past 30 hours, I only won 1 game in which I was against a 5-man party. I think they should take a chapter from other popular competitive games and make the "Ranked Teams" a separate playlist all-together, and leave the current playlist for solo/duo as a true test of individual skill
    • Fix the regional matchmaking
      Just because I'm a lone wolf doesn't mean I don't communicate with my team, or at least attempt to, but it's nearly impossible when I seem to always be paired with people that can only speak Spanish. I don't know if this is a regional issue exclusive to me playing out of California, but it's incredibly frustrating to not be able to communicate with my teammates. (Guess I'll learn Spanish just to be able to play Gears properly?)

    Those are my biggest gripes. I feel like the potential is there for Gears 5, but these shortcomings really ruin the experience for me and make me feel as though I'm wasting my time. I started this weekend in Onyx 2, found myself at the top of Onyx 3, then to just have these issues cause consistent losses. At one point I had 7 games in a row with an AFK and found myself thrown back into Gold, then spent the next 4 hours grinding to get back into Onyx. So here I am, 30 hours later, right back where I started in Onyx 2 and having felt like I wasted an entire weekend, my time off being something I really value these days.

    Alright, rant over. Thanks for reading, feel free to share your thoughts. Who knows, maybe this can turn into a thread that TC will actually read.

    submitted by /u/Normanomicon
    [link] [comments]

    What are your guy's favorite version of the lancer firing sound?

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 11:25 PM PDT

    In my personal opinion i like the lancer firing sound from 4 & 5

    submitted by /u/hotrod9p
    [link] [comments]

    Meme Mondays (August 24, 2020)

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    {End user should never see this text.}

    {Contact u/CthulhuMadness for more information}

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Why aren't people playing Gridiron???

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Seriously this mode is amazing. Adding an objective to stop long stalemates and hunting in Execution was super smart and it's so fast and intense. So why the hell does it take so long to queue a game for it to play in ranked???

    submitted by /u/Almondjoy248
    [link] [comments]

    That moment

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 01:50 PM PDT

    Execution Questions 2

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    Hi! Gears, I love your game, but. I keep noticing an inherent issue with the executions system…

    Holding the Right Bumper to Retro-Charge, or to use the Lancer's Chainsaw feels very stiff, and I keep accidentally reloading. Any way to combat this? Or to revert it back to Gears 4?

    Is there any way to implement a feature to just ' Tap ' to curbstomp, or to execute faster? Or is the only way to execute now, is to hold the melee button? Or is there any alternatives?

    Why doesn't the Meatshield count as an execution, anymore?

    Which Execution is the shortest in the game?

    Which Execution is the longest in the game?

    And lastly, which Execution gives the highest amount of points?

    Extra Questions -

    Why isn't the ' Pummel ' Execution available to everyone? Despite it being a "Essentials" Execution? Shouldn't it be free, then? It's on the Talon by default, but why not the other pistols? I atleast should be able to purchase it as all other "Essentials" in this game have a price.

    Why isn't the "Armed & Dangerous" Execution available to everyone? Despite it being a "Starter" Execution? If not purchasable?

    Why isn't the "Snapped" Execution available for purchase? It's listed as an "Essentials" Execution, yet there is no purchase option for it in the store. Nor customization menu.

    And as for the Customization items, why is a very large chunk of customization available in this game, unavailable for preview in any of the characters/weapons/executions? I can only find most of them in the store, and others just don't exist anywhere for preview.

    Also, one last thing. Why is the majority of pistol executions unavailable for the other weapons? In Gears Of War 3. You always performed the default ' Beatdown ' and ' Arm-Rip ' Execution if you didn't have that weapon's execution unlocked.

    Tl;dr -

    1. Which execution is the fastest in the game?
    2. Which Execution is the longest in the game?
    3. Does Meatshield count as an execution? (Ex Picking up, or neck snap?)
    4. Why is most executions underneath ' Starter ' or ' Essentials ' unavailable for purchase?
    submitted by /u/Samsung_Castellanos
    [link] [comments]

    That sound is SO SATISFYING

    Posted: 23 Aug 2020 06:58 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment