• Breaking News

    Tuesday, August 25, 2020

    Gears of War | This Week In Gears - 24 August 2020

    Gears of War | This Week In Gears - 24 August 2020


    This Week In Gears - 24 August 2020

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:48 AM PDT

    It's still Meme Monday right?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 05:38 PM PDT

    Dom has something to say to Maria

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:23 AM PDT

    Can you not!?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    In honor of 8/24 my greatest KOBE ever. RIP Kobe and Gigi

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:07 AM PDT

    TC, this is not a Horde event. This is making a map rotation out of already available maps. Please provide more interesting Horde events like the Terminator one instead of this.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 01:52 PM PDT

    I got jump scared

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 03:48 PM PDT

    14 Years After E-Day Event?

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 12:30 AM PDT

    It's safe to say that the horde community is, at the moment, pretty disappointed with the lack of horde events in Op4, despite TC assuring us they're coming. People are throwing their ideas for events left and right, so I thought I'm going to share mine, even though it probably would make more sense in November rather than August or September.

    This year on November 7th it's gonna be 14 years since Epic blessed us with Gears 1. Gears 1 starts 14 years after Emergence Day and even the first chapter of the game is called "14 Years After E-Day". Seems like a perfect opportunity to have a Locust themed event, no?

    Basically it'd would be a variant of Frenzy with the Locust drones replacing the Swarm ones. Each type of drones would be armed with the same weapons they used in the campaign, so:

    Drone: Hammerburst

    Grenadier: Gnasher, Frags

    Grenadier Elite: Gnasher, Boltok, Frags

    Sniper (assuming the skin will be in the game by November): Longshot

    Cyclops: Lancer

    Theron Guard and Palace Guard: Lancer, Torque Bow

    Now, this would probably require a ton of work and it's my dream scenario, but in the Gears 4 prologue they had Wretches and Boomers - Maybe they could bring those skins into 5 and replace Juvies and Boomshot Scions with them.

    Whaddaya think?

    submitted by /u/x_Rai_x
    [link] [comments]

    Gears of War 2: Ultimate Edition Concept

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 08:07 PM PDT

    Best weapon for campaign on GOW 2

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 01:06 AM PDT

    Hi, today I want to hear some opinions from people with exoerience on GOW 2 because I want to know the best weapon overall on the camapign because I want to make a speedrun of the game and I want to get consistent strats for the runs, so any help would be appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Spladunki
    [link] [comments]

    You know what really grinds my Gears... (August 25, 2020)

    Posted: 25 Aug 2020 03:06 AM PDT

    THE RULES

    • SLAP THAT CAPSLOCK BUTTON (or don't)
    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER MAKES YOUR BLOOD BOIL.
    • OTHER PLAYERS WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS.
    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER WILL MAKE EVERYTHING FINE AND DANDY.
    • SHARE KETCHUP RECIPIES WITH MARCUS AND MAKE HIM PROUD.
    • PLAY NICE WITH EACH OTHER AND FOLLOW THE RULES.

    Relevant Image

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Lads, how do you kill Raam in Gears 1 by your lonesome?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    I think I'd almost stand a chance if Dom didn't aimlessly run towards him as soon as the fight starts. Wouldn't be so bad if he was trying to shoot, but it's like he's trying to hug Raam because he hasn't seen him in a while

    The fight seems glitchy though, idk. Sometimes Raam just stands still and gets stuck and you can't hurt him.

    I know how to beat him, I'm just struggling to actually do it

    submitted by /u/BitOfACraic
    [link] [comments]

    New Ronin Karn skin, via Shadowz

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 01:54 PM PDT

    Gears 5 in a nutshell

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Which pill would you choose?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:56 AM PDT

    Picked up the Razer Gears 5 mouse and mouse pad today to go with the keyboard. Got to say while a bit pricey, they all look and feel fantastic.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 01:53 PM PDT

    All 32 Escape hives Mastered Solo as Cole

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 06:48 AM PDT

    Spoiler tag because it includes future upcoming hives from OP4. If you're curious how to have access to those, I recently uploaded a video on my channel explaining how you can do that.

    Anyways here is the playlist:

    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxDh5x6BZY8cgYYPDA5AtBekAhiui2mq0

    In regards to soloing hives, The Gatekeepers is by far definitely the hardest one and will become even harder with tomorrows patch. I will however not repeat all hives due to that but instead wait for the patch which will remove Iron Man from all the hives.

    Yes Cole is OP and that's exactly why I chose him. Some hives still require you to kill certain enemies which are no easy feat with Cole (Bastion, Ice Scion, Warden, etc.) and usually the beginning part of these hives is what's trickiest since you're lacking an important chunk of damage resistance. Once I saw Cole being released and figured out his full potential, my goal instantly was to prove how OP he is and therefore soloing the tricky hives like The Surge. Eventually the goal became to simply solo them all. :)

    Obviously soloing with different characters is possible and usually more impressive so I may be going for some of those maybe in the future.

    Eitherways, I hope this helps some of the people in a way to get through the trickier hives and learn how to Master the arts of Cole. ;)

    submitted by /u/CommanderCH
    [link] [comments]

    I'm actually enjoying Gears 5 a little more these days, but I thought this was funny

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 08:06 AM PDT

    Pretty sure that’s not how you’re supposed to hold a Lancer, JD.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 06:30 AM PDT

    I uh, tried making Anya's armor in Animal Crossing... emphasis on tried

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    Gears Pop is complete garbage don’t play it

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 10:10 PM PDT

    This was a bit more adrenalin than I bargained for

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 02:12 PM PDT

    Ronin Karn tomorrow for 1500 Iron.

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:32 AM PDT

    I didn't unlock Baird before the last update. I just bought Admired Baird and Classic Baird using gears coins, but he is still showing as locked for me. Help?

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 09:19 PM PDT

    I've bought 2 Baird skins and the game won't let me play as him in any modem there is a padlock symbol next to his character portrait. What do I have to do to unlock him? I also can't find the totems that were used to unlock characters.

    submitted by /u/CerberusArcProjector
    [link] [comments]

    I miss when Gears used to be a tug of war over power weapons

    Posted: 24 Aug 2020 11:32 PM PDT

    I played Gears 1-3 obsessively. It got a bit faster in 3 but it still stayed true to itself.

    I was in heaven when Gears ultimate came out. I had not gotten to experience Gears properly in some time and I wasn't sure after 3 I ever would again.

    I had high hopes for 4, but it just didn't feel the same. Too fast. Bad original maps. Bad gnasher. Too many weapons on the map.

    My fondest memories of Gears are the constant back and forth over power weapons using position and the weapons you have at your hands to gain map control. Getting torque or boomshot felt like major tide turning match swinging things.

    In Gears 4+5 you have 2 different kinds of grenades, two different pickup weapons like the DMR, two different power weapons -- on top of being faster and having a longer time to recover from damage... The games just feel chaotic and everyone ends up scattered rather then playing together.

    I just needed to vent. I miss Gears a lot. Nothing really matches up to it today for MP for me. And Gears 5 is honestly an embarrassment to what Gears used to be... Maybe I'm in the minority -- which would be sad because I would hate to think the Gears community likes what Gears has become.

    submitted by /u/JuanFyre4438
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment