• Breaking News

    Thursday, May 21, 2020

    Gears of War | TC Octus is leaving The Coalition after more than five years

    Gears of War | TC Octus is leaving The Coalition after more than five years


    TC Octus is leaving The Coalition after more than five years

    Posted: 20 May 2020 10:40 AM PDT

    Weekly Whats Up - May 14 2020

    Posted: 14 May 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    Something's wrong, I can feel it.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 12:39 PM PDT

    Me whenever I main Marcus as a MP skin and get the "Nice" voiceline after an active reload

    Posted: 21 May 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    Mmmmm this looks familiar o_o

    Posted: 20 May 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    The original Gears games had characters with uniquely identifiable personalities. The new ones have a bunch of generic hero personalities.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 12:58 PM PDT

    Dizzy, Hoffman, Marcus, Baird. They all had personalities that, if they existed in real life, you'd look at them funny. The new characters all have the same personality. Just something I noticed. Maybe I'm wrong, lemme know if I'm not noticing certain things.

    submitted by /u/cereal-kills-me
    [link] [comments]

    Gonna miss you Octus we all will

    Posted: 21 May 2020 12:58 AM PDT

    Question about EMILE and KAT

    Posted: 21 May 2020 01:21 AM PDT

    I just got them from an XBOX Gamepass subscription. I don't plan on keeping the subscription, will I lose these characters when I am no longer subscribed?

    I don't want to level these characters if I will lose them once I cancel my subscription.

    submitted by /u/qtUnicorn
    [link] [comments]

    Oh well....I didn’t knew there were invisible locust ��

    Posted: 20 May 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    This was a good boss fight and the one with Hydra was even better.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Idea’s for Gears 6

    Posted: 21 May 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    So before I begin. I want to say that my English isn't the best. So be aware of that😅

    Anyway, first of all I wanted to say that I've been playing gears of war since the first installment. And if it comes to the story imo Gears of War 2 is by far the best one. In terms of multiplayer Gears of war 3 rises above them all.

    Lately I've been thinking about all the possibilities of Gears 6. Like I kinda understood why they didn't put A "beast mode" in Gears of War 4 and 5. I mainly think that the lack of actual beasts is the reason. But with the amount of creatures Gears 5 I think it is possible to add another few in Gears 6 and make A new beast mode. What I also want is that we have A choice when it comes to beast mode. Like having two variants. One of them completely for the swarm and the other one for the locust. Besides this I loved overrun from Judgement. Even tho the multiplayer was shit and the story was okay but not accurate when it came to the lore. The overrun mode was something very new and refreshing. And I would love for it to return.

    Anyway this is my idea and feel free to leave yours down below the comments.

    submitted by /u/Ebr3WR1u5
    [link] [comments]

    If You Aren't Picking Up Meat Shields In Multi-Man Battles / In General.

    Posted: 20 May 2020 08:51 AM PDT

    1. Its the fastest way to secure a down. (In regards to pressing the button, and on the bottom left, the kill secure pops ups)
    2. You have 100% bullet mitigation, while the opponent has none. (Given spots are protected, meat shield Health, and number of appendages still attached, etc.)
    3. The pistol is an incredibly strong weapon, let alone if people get close, and you bop them.
    4. It can block grenades, torques, and in some occasions, boomshots.
    5. You can switfly drop the meat shield by switching weapons.
    6. Odds are, you will win almost every 1v1 if you have a meat shield, and the opposition doesn't.

    The odds are so heavily skewed towards the meat shield user, in my mind, it is significantly inefficient to not pick up a meat shield during multi-man, close quarter combat.

    submitted by /u/GalacticTurtleBu
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Developer Stream thread (May 21, 2020)

    Posted: 21 May 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    Weekly Developer Stream Today!

    Where to Watch:

    When:

    • Starts at ~3pm PST
    • Lasts for ~1.5-2 hours

    Be sure to check for a stickied comment below. If anything changes in regards to day/time, we'll be sure to have that info in the stickied comment!

    Who:

    • Most weeks, Dana (u/tc-mjrdecision) and Liam (u/OctusTC) host
    • Occasionally Ryan (u/n0dezero) or some other developer
    • Andius (Community Team) works behind the scenes to run the stream/chat

    What:

    • The community team discusses any recent news and follows up with a Q/A session
    • Some streams have raffles or "click-to-claim" style prizes available!

    Submitting Questions!

    Currently TC looks at 2 main places for questions: The Chat and General community discussion. In attempt to gather some better questions that TC may be able to better prepare answers for, we are going to look at collecting some questions in this thread.

    Also note that this is not a thread that is officially supported by TC. We cannot guarantee that they'll see and/or use this. But we figure it's worth a shot. If nothing else, maybe someone else in the thread will be able to answer your questions!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 collectibles question

    Posted: 20 May 2020 11:13 PM PDT

    I just finished the campaign but I'm trying to unlock a background I want for my Xbox. To do it I have to find all the collectibles and I only found 40% in my first walk though. Is there a way to go back without erasing my completion?

    submitted by /u/jumpoffpiz8
    [link] [comments]

    Um... did he even peek the wall?

    Posted: 21 May 2020 01:59 AM PDT

    So I honestly don't really care that much about banners, but does anyone know why I didn't get all the banners for Tour of Duty II even though I completed it? (It's multiple banners)

    Posted: 20 May 2020 07:15 PM PDT

    Gears 5 Operation 3 The End Master Escape Tutorial

    Posted: 20 May 2020 09:15 PM PDT

    Thoughts on [Potentially] Upcoming Removal of Class-Locked Characters

    Posted: 20 May 2020 07:15 AM PDT

    I made a video recently discussing some of my thoughts on the "class-locked characters" topic...being it sounds like that may be going away soon.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KIfi0sS7Pw

    To be VERY clear: We still don't know what this system will be...and we don't know when it will be implemented. This is just my speculation based on what we've seen so far.

    The video discusses 3 main things:

    • Pros/Cons of the change
    • How I think it will function
      • I'll cover this in the thread
    • Some concerns/question

    How I Think It Will Function:

    Basically, we'll have the same exact system that we have now...but with the character-specific aspects stripped out.

    Currently, we have 3 engineers in the game. We'll still have 3 engineers, they're not going to be merged. You still have 1 Hologram Engineer, 1 DR-1 Expert, and 1 Tracker Engineer (made up class names). People can use these classes, but play as any character/skin they want. If you want, you can be a Hologram Engineer (Kat's stuff), but play as Fahz if you want.

    I suspect each of the existing classes will simply be renamed. Instead of "Kait", we'll now have "Cammo Scout". The class logo will now just be the Ultimate's logo - as that's the key differentiating factor.

    We'll keep all of our existing class levels, but now we'll work on leveling classes...not characters.

    We're probably still going to have a limit of 1 of each class - as that helps TC with balancing.

    .

    Some Clarifying Points From the Video:

    • Yeah, I knew the "limit of 1 per character" may not be received well. It's something that I feel TC would consider though, so I wanted to throw it out there and get people's thoughts.
    • I don't believe that we'll be "merging classes"
    submitted by /u/BChaps
    [link] [comments]

    Please stop tweaking the gnasher

    Posted: 20 May 2020 11:50 PM PDT

    Audio bug stuttering

    Posted: 20 May 2020 11:46 PM PDT

    I redownloaded Gears 5 today and have this issue with audio cutting back in and out that's super weird, anyone know how to fix it? I play on Xbox and it audio doesn't cut out for any other games

    submitted by /u/Juunky
    [link] [comments]

    Am I The Only One Who Bought This?

    Posted: 20 May 2020 10:14 AM PDT

    Onyx guard and onyx weapons

    Posted: 20 May 2020 07:57 PM PDT

    Will the onyx guard skin and onyx weapons skins ever enter the store?

    submitted by /u/BlackXSwordsman
    [link] [comments]

    Gears of War 3 on PlayStation 3 was a test, Epic says

    Posted: 20 May 2020 10:55 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment