• Breaking News

    Friday, April 10, 2020

    Gears of War | Weekly What’s Up - 9 April 2020

    Gears of War | Weekly What’s Up - 9 April 2020


    Weekly What’s Up - 9 April 2020

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 03:14 PM PDT

    A little something to make people laugh during these trouble times.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 12:07 PM PDT

    “The gnasher is finally fixed!” OP3

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 09:43 PM PDT

    A wood shop teacher I work with makes ingrained flags so I asked if he could do this.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 04:12 PM PDT

    Anyone else really miss the Gears 2 curbstomp? I honestly think they should just make it a default execution like it was in the previous games. Perhaps allow it to be mapped to a new key or button? I just miss it so much dude

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    Claytons new stuff really captures his character, TCs Narrative team always does good in that regard.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Any gears 5 wall papers like this? Or one with the Kait, Del and JD trio?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    The majority of Claytons boss oriented lines :)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 02:29 AM PDT

    There should be a tour challenge for escaping hives as Cole using just his melee. Fun and tense way to escape

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    Cards and Scrap

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 10:26 PM PDT

    I really would love the ability to be able to scrap ANYTHING I don't want. I understand you can't scrap cards because they've said that they may increase the level of cards in the future but I don't want a level 6 "bonus score" card that I have never used, that I have 10+ duplicates of per character.

    I'm sick of grinding out horde for hours on end only to get all team score cards (which happens regularly) or other card that I have already maxed out/will never use. Not to mention the dozens of marks and banners that I have never looked at. I would love to be able to scrap these so I can upgrade the cards for my favourite characters.

    Or at least change it so the supply drops give you a card instead of marks and banners, like Gears 4. The only reason I have ever gone into the marks or banners tabs is to clear the exclamation marks from newly acquired ones.

    Even to be able to buy scrap or upgrade cards with iron would be helpful. I have plenty of iron from tour of duty that I would happy use to upgrade my cards instead of buying skins at the store.

    submitted by /u/CrankyCroc96
    [link] [comments]

    Looking for an old friend...

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 08:00 AM PDT

    Afternoon everyone,

    I hoping I can post this here as it is related to Gears of War.

    Back when I was younger I used to play with someone on the original gears of war. I can't remember his original username but he changed his username so we could have similar names. My gamertag was EAGLE94 and still is. My friend changed his name to SPARROW94.

    We used to play gears online every time we were on together (usually everyday). He lived in America, I can't remember whereabouts.

    For some reason I'm under the impression that something bad happened to him as he used to tell me he had a rough time at school, no friends and disliked living at home. I have over the years posted to various sites to try and find him but to no avail. Maybe reddit can help, if anyone knows someone by that name or played with the same person? Maybe you remember my gamertag as well?

    I'm hoping to find this person again and play a couple of games and maybe others can use this post to get a few old friends back together?

    submitted by /u/AcePickles
    [link] [comments]

    Shotgun is bad....again

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 04:50 PM PDT

    Inconsistent as hell. Kills feel like a 50/50 unless your shotty is in their mouth. Good job lowering the skill gap TC! Also, the new MVP system is almost as stupid as removing execution and guardian. Pretty much over this game. Surprised I made it this long.

    submitted by /u/crooksmcgee
    [link] [comments]

    Fahz needs a little more help

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    I think the changes to Fahz' icy precision skill was a step in the right direction. But I think the biggest issue with Fahz is how unforgiving his "extra damage to full health enemies" card is.

    This card becomes his only effective way to snipe once double health kicks in, but if an enemy takes even a tiny hit of damage before you can hit it that benefit is lost. I think this card should be changed to apply to enemies above 75% health or similar. Then it wouldn't so easily be invalidated.

    Also, why in the hell is the Boltok not considered a "precision weapon."

    submitted by /u/atfricks
    [link] [comments]

    Ranked

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 07:18 PM PDT

    Alright so I'll make this short and sweet. I'm a silver 3 in KOTH, and I'd say my actual skill level is around gold 3-onyx 1. The problem is i play with diamonds (my friends). When we win, i get maybe 40-200 points give or take. When we lose, i lose 1300-2900 points. I'm finishing consistently 3rd and 4th on my team in diamond lobbies. What the hell am i doing wrong?

    submitted by /u/bigdoobsinamish
    [link] [comments]

    Is there a way to refund something you bought off of the Gears 5 Store?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 08:10 PM PDT

    I honestly don't know how to describe this but my dog was sitting on my lap whenever a stray cat began scratching on my window (hes terrified of cats) which made him jump out of my lap and knocked over the controller where it somehow pressed A and bought the chrome steel casan off of the store so now I'm currently looking for a way to refund it so I could get my iron back any support would be much appreciated, thanks

    submitted by /u/legitness342
    [link] [comments]

    Decent Hat Trick I got last night

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 04:24 PM PDT

    Twitch/Mixer Extension in Gears5?

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 03:24 AM PDT

    A sort of mode (horde or escape style) where spectators can choose and spawn enemies with command in text chat and editable in the map editor.... horrible idea?

    submitted by /u/Lordvenonath
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Discussion (April 10, 2020)

    Posted: 10 Apr 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    New update/Gears 5 thoughts

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 08:39 PM PDT

    What are your thoughts after the new update? I redownload the game to try out the new operation and I'm still disappointed with what the game has become since 4. I hate that they keep changing the gnasher. How is anyone supposed to get used to the game when they are constantly changing how it works. The operation rewards are still super lackluster and it took 7 months to put Cole and Clayton into multiplayer. The medal rewards are an absolute disgrace and at this point I probably won't be playing again or even purchasing gears 6 whenever that comes out

    submitted by /u/T0ASTYP3BBL3S
    [link] [comments]

    Trying out Dolby Atmos for the first time. Anyone got any tips for the best sound experience? Running it through my controller to my Turtle Beach headset. Looking to just play casual Battlefront 2, MW and Gears 5. This is my current EQ I just threw together .

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 10:46 PM PDT

    Launch Vibes. This Marcus got a gib at that range. 7 months of progress thrown into the bin and we back to square 1. Good going TC. Try justify the �� you gave to the community in today’s stream. I try to be positive and I defended you guys but this is just ridiculous.

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 07:07 AM PDT

    Has TC said something about they lowering the XP needed for higher re ups? What do they expect us to do to get there?

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 02:03 PM PDT

    Currently Re Up 21. I've done everything the game has to offer, like Mastering all Hives and Horde maps so far. I guess the only "grind" I could receive would be if they go and put achievements for "Master ALL Horde maps with an Enginner." "Master ALL maps with Jack." "Master ALL Escape maps with Keegan." "Master ALL Escape maps with Mac." "Master ALL Escape maps with a character of Operation 2 (Baird or Lizzie.)" or something stupid like that.

    But besides that, what am I (or someone else) supposed to do while getting to the Re up 50, especially considering that this Operation they added achievements through Re up 30, so I assume they will slowly add more achievements 'til Re up 50.

    What are people doing to keep themselves entertained on the higher Re Ups? A Master Horde run of 50 maps (which takes 2.5 hrs - 3 hrs depending on the map) gives me like 3 Levels with Boost. am I supposed to just keep playing that over and over, and earn like a Re Up per month without getting bored? lol.

    EDIT: Forgot part of the title. I think TC said they'd lower some XP grinding to make re ups more "natural progression" or something like that. Do you think they'll implement it soon? Will it be retroactive? How do you guys believe it'll happen?

    submitted by /u/P4TiTuS
    [link] [comments]

    "While we believe Operation 3 was a good step forward for the game.."

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 04:30 PM PDT

    ..the road ahead is where we will deliver the most dramatic changes and improvements to the game."

    Directly from the what's up. I understand that they want make the game look as best they can, but I really hope the changes they made aren't indicative of the direction they're going.

    submitted by /u/johnwilxboof
    [link] [comments]

    Lower ping matchmaking option

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 07:14 PM PDT

    Versus rant disclaimer

    Even with this matchmaking setting on I'm constantly lobbied up with people outside the country still. With 85-150ish ping. I was absolutely beasting before the operation switched and I still do well a lot but 1 out of 2 or 3 gnasher shots on a standstill or upright target that look like an easy gib don't count. Most the time not even getting a hit marker. How are we supposed get around this issue other than holding the left trigger down for a whole second on the target? Also I'm constantly wondering if my 5 month old controller is so beat up already and causing problems in the game and messing up my movement/shots or if it's just the game updates catering to non-experienced players. Isn't it a little too late to try to attempt to get another new wave of players into this game? There's no other remotely popular game that feels like fuckery is going on as frequently as gears (even before the update) that people put up with...and with gears 5 performance/recent update the bullshit just seems exacerbated and to be wildly and disgustingly inconsistent (extra-extra frustrating when poor ping seems to be rewarded frequently). I've taken 2 breaks from gears 5 when I've been too fed up with gameplay and starting to think it's time for the 3rd. A game has to be at least either competitive or fun for me to be a fan. Preferably both... but definitely at least one. Operation 3 seems like a shitshow in regards to online versus and matchmaking and my online friends are getting tired of re-learning the game every 2 months. I'm reup 12 and thought gears could be my main time killing hobby during social isolation season but I'm tired of feeling frustrated with giving this game chances lately. The main thing keeping me around lately is that I have online friends wanting me to play gears and they often refuse to play other online multiplayer games for various reasons.

    ...Apologies if this post bounces around too much but my energy level's crashing and should probably head to bed soon. Just looking for tips and discussion about topics I've hit on. TC really is testing my loyalty to the series for sure

    submitted by /u/Donnenator
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone else have the issue where you're near an exploding boss and your character freezes up like a lily bitch?!??!?!?!

    Posted: 09 Apr 2020 10:45 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment