• Breaking News

    Sunday, April 12, 2020

    Gears of War | Gotta be quicker than that!

    Gears of War | Gotta be quicker than that!


    Gotta be quicker than that!

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:10 PM PDT

    Part 4 of Characters/ Skins that have yet returned. Savage Theron and Dizzy Wallin

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:16 PM PDT

    Need more relevant skins

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:40 AM PDT

    How do you guys feel if we could get a community poll every now and then on characters/ skins we’d like to return to Gears 5?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:41 PM PDT

    It'll make make great comebacks for characters we haven't seen in years or ever in multiplayer

    submitted by /u/scottshob21
    [link] [comments]

    Part 5 of Characters/skins that have yet to return. Savage Marauder and Anya Stroud

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:14 PM PDT

    This skin is pretty ����. And I don't even play as jack much.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:32 PM PDT

    Suicide among Gears players is a serious issue that we need to talk about

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 11:06 PM PDT

    I can't tell you how many times I've seen friends and family take their own lives via the end of an enemy Lancer rifle. They feel so hopeless about life, they feel so depressed. Depressed enough to immediately equip their shotgun at the beginning of every single match and roadie run directly into full team Lancer fire every single round at any rating. They're so depressed that they can't even muster up the motivation to do anything to improve their lives other than sit in hard cover with a short range weapon and watch as all chances of maintaining any type of perimeter or distance control just dwindles away...from a fire, to a flame, to a smolder...and just like that it's all over.

    I know the right thing to do would be to contact a mental health professional and get them some help, whether they want it or not. But I can't seem to muster up the strength to do it...also because I've already forgotten their username and who gives a flying fuck I'll carry anyway

    It's time to stand up and call this for what it is. It's a disease. We need to unite and support these sad troglodytes in their journey to overcome their severe and concerning cognitive deficiency. That's why I'm setting up a temporary hotline that anyone who wants to learn how to use the various mechanics and weaponry the game offers can call in order to help them in these dark times.

    1-800-switch-weapons

    Hold your applause guys, I'm not doing this for the fame or the praise. If I can make one homunculus realize that they have two other weapons in their inventory then I've done what I've set out to do. Let's pray.

    submitted by /u/MetaconDK
    [link] [comments]

    Haven’t played since Gear 2 but picked 5 up on game pass,No idea why I’m running around as a bunny but I fuckin love it

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 01:56 PM PDT

    I appreciate that they added more music to multiplayer, but I'd also appreciate it if one of the Locust tracks didn't constantly get stuck looping in the background

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 07:27 PM PDT

    I currently have two instances of the same track playing at slightly different times and the cacophony is driving me mad.

    submitted by /u/Adalrich_
    [link] [comments]

    Hear me Out

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    I know speaking about this game is heracy but having replayed through Judgment it had some pretty decent concepts to it. The insta-tag with grenades if you got a direct hit worked well against enemies like reavers, boomer variants, ragers, and the corpsers to an extent. The stim nades were good for rezzing teammates from a distance and going in for the close up kills in case you went down, and were great for insane. Overrun was a decent mode if you were tired of tdm or the other modes. I know there are some people (myself included) that think that the game shouldn't have been made or gotten more time for more helpful reviews and opinions on the "new" mechanics before being put on shelves a year after 3. Anyway, there's my new opinion, do with it what you will.

    submitted by /u/GrubKill77
    [link] [comments]

    Trashball mode? ����

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 01:10 PM PDT

    Banned for disconnecting. My Internet is at full speed and I'm not lagging or disconnecting in any other game but Gears 5.

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:16 PM PDT

    Dear TC: fix your shit. Spend one day fixing the actual fking reason people play video games, and that is to actually fucking play the game. Stop pushing out these bullshit ass rainbow skins and emotes that nobody cares about and maybe focus on the reason this game has been such a failure.
    Thanks for the flashback to 2014 tho. It's a good reminder to see how far games have come by implementing features where players aren't punished for involuntarily being disconnected by shitty servers and not receiving quit penalties when teammates quit. Obviously I'm talking about other games, not yours.

    submitted by /u/superdood000
    [link] [comments]

    Lizzie Carmine Totem Challenge

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 12:06 AM PDT

    What Horde Wave Should I Start At To Get A Salvo Scion To Spawn

    submitted by /u/GamingOverlord
    [link] [comments]

    I love losing all of my progress in a single loss

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:52 AM PDT

    There's nothing more fun than winning every game for about 3 hours and then losing it all from one loss. I was diamond 2 & 3 nearly all of last season but I can't get past fucking onyx 1 this season because if I lose a single game in onyx I get demoted back to gold immediately. This is the third time now.

    We lose one game 2-1 against a sweaty five man and I get -1,600. Meanwhile, carrying the team on a comeback win nets me 0. This ranked overall can't come soon enough.

    submitted by /u/Collineus
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Discussion (April 12, 2020)

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 took too long to get serious

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 03:04 AM PDT

    I finally finished Gears 5's story. (I haven't played since November because of the atrocious monetization.) I liked the way the game ended, but I felt like it took too long for the game and its characters to finally get serious. There should have been a fifth act where the repercussions of the major character's death has time to play out.

    My biggest complaint about the first game, and to a lesser extent this game, is that the characters don't behave like there are real stakes in what is happening. A solid half of their dialogue is light hearted, which clashes with the themes of the older games and the shared universe they take place in. There was comic relief in the original trilogy, but I felt like it was used more sparingly. Or at least felt more grounded.

    So when they killed off a major character and the tone of the narrative dramatically shifted I was elated. I felt like the writers were acknowledging the flaws of their previous approach. But then it ended right after. I wonder if they always intended for it to happen so close to the end of the game or if it just ended up that way.

    submitted by /u/SeintJihb
    [link] [comments]

    gears 5 help

    Posted: 12 Apr 2020 02:05 AM PDT

    hi,I played the gears 5 codex, to try it, and dint work crash sometimes or I have to wait a lot of time to play, now I download again on steam beacuse has a free days to try it and after updates, works better now. but I can´t connect to servers, and my user is codex, I erasered all files but I can change the user... I don´t know what I can do more to fix it.. anybody with this problem? I want clean all files, and play, but I can ´t connect to servers and my user is codex :S... thanks

    submitted by /u/Soulsnake77
    [link] [comments]

    What the Xbox playerbase feels like when they have Halo and Gears at their worst and no good exclusives

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 02:43 PM PDT

    Is Baird better with or without Hair?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 10:00 PM PDT

    Inquiring minds want to know...

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/JoonBoi97
    [link] [comments]

    TC needs to do something about leavers

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    I just came back to gears of war a few days ago since not having played in years wth has happened ?? Why does tc not put a harsh punishment for leavers I just played two ranked matches both of them had a leaver before the first round was even over and in the first one someone left when it was tied In Koth and it was 0-0 In rounds wtf ??! People are huge babies if the match isn't a stomp they leave they want easy opponents only and anyone who puts up a fight they leave immediately wtf . It seems like every other match has a leaver in it . Tc needs to make severe punishments for leavers starting with a timer for how long you can't play and severe leavers banned just like counter strike does it .

    submitted by /u/Noonehadthis
    [link] [comments]

    yes, this is so much fun to have in ranked in OP3

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:20 AM PDT

    Is it worth getting gears 5 on pc?

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    Diehard gears fan, been playing since 1. 4 left a bit of a sour taste in my mouth pre me switching to PC a month ago, I see 5 is 35 quid on PC, is it worth it?

    submitted by /u/manwithnoham
    [link] [comments]

    Negativity over positivity is an unfortunate reality with TC

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 11:24 AM PDT

    The game gets good, no lancer spam, no Gnasher spam. Balanced. Gnasher fights are a thing, people mix up the different plays.

    You made some really cool changes and updates elsewhere that everyone loved.

    This update just proves TC thinks we are a joke, "we hear you" " we are listening and trying to be transparent" etc etc.

    You really think you gonna get away with reverting the game back to its horrendous launch state in PVP.

    I thought all the talk about you listening was a meme but it actually isn't. You guys to so well in some areas but fuck up the basis of the game to a point where the good can't be appreciated when it 100% deserves to be. The talk about gears being toxic and niche is your doing. You do not learn or understand and your vision, oh my god don't even get me started on your vision for a game when you already said that 7 months ah and it didn't work.

    3 YEARS OF GEARS 4 7 months of 5

    And you don't learn.

    From 4.11 onwards you had little to adjust and should've innovated other modes. You spend time on a wank terminator horde game but can't bring the locust for horde. Horde needs variety. PVP was good in 4.11 and needed maps and other minor changes. You're always busy fucking the basis of the game.

    Why, just why u/OctusTC

    Played for about 2-3 hours a day since launch with all the ups and downs. OP 3 comes out and I'm not to play 1 ranked game and do my challenges which take me about 50mins.

    Well done

    submitted by /u/MsgtWoods
    [link] [comments]

    Easy Lizzie Unlock

    Posted: 11 Apr 2020 08:05 PM PDT

    Hey guys so I just got Lizzie super easily all you got to do is go to escape custom match play by yourself on beginner chose the map" the surge" at the start run to the door press button follow the right side the entire way after the door is opened you'll be able to run through to a door you'll find in the first room to the right run to it press x you'll get damaged about halfway if your quick pick up first drop shot DO NOT PICK UP THE SECOND use the either 2 ammo you get or 4 ammo you get then grab the other. Best way to rack up many kills per run down a drone with hammer burst or claw immediately switch to drop shot aim near downed target and wait for another drone to go for the revive MAKE SURE YOU AIM NEAR THEM NOT ABOVE or you'll get a headshot and the explosion will most likely let the second escape once your out of ammo w drop shot you can down an enemy with claw or hammerburst then execute with drop shot counting as a kill repeat this for about 8 games and you have the hardest challenge finished the rest are easy! Hope this helps for those Lizzie fans out there!

    submitted by /u/GamerGhoulAnubis
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment