• Breaking News

    Thursday, March 12, 2020

    Gears of War | Due to ongoing uncertainty around the corona virus, please refrain from booking any travel for the Texas Major for the time being.

    Gears of War | Due to ongoing uncertainty around the corona virus, please refrain from booking any travel for the Texas Major for the time being.


    Due to ongoing uncertainty around the corona virus, please refrain from booking any travel for the Texas Major for the time being.

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 12:45 PM PDT

    Weekly Developer Stream thread (March 12, 2020)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    Weekly Developer Stream Today!

    Where to Watch:

    When:

    • Starts at ~3pm PST
    • Lasts for ~1.5-2 hours

    Be sure to check for a stickied comment below. If anything changes in regards to day/time, we'll be sure to have that info in the stickied comment!

    Who:

    • Most weeks, Dana (u/tc-mjrdecision) and Liam (u/OctusTC) host
    • Occasionally Ryan (u/n0dezero) or some other developer
    • Andius (Community Team) works behind the scenes to run the stream/chat

    What:

    • The community team discusses any recent news and follows up with a Q/A session
    • Some streams have raffles or "click-to-claim" style prizes available!

    Submitting Questions!

    Currently TC looks at 2 main places for questions: The Chat and General community discussion. In attempt to gather some better questions that TC may be able to better prepare answers for, we are going to look at collecting some questions in this thread.

    Also note that this is not a thread that is officially supported by TC. We cannot guarantee that they'll see and/or use this. But we figure it's worth a shot. If nothing else, maybe someone else in the thread will be able to answer your questions!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Horrible pun inbound...

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 09:11 AM PDT

    Horde Frenzy - Updated (Skill card drop doubled + More Exp)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:33 PM PDT

    Just a reminder @TC @Microsoft

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:28 AM PDT

    Hopes vs. Reality for Operation 3

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 06:38 PM PDT

    So we alm know Operations 3 is pretty much make or break for most of us, myself included. I feel as though I have reasonable hopes for Operation 3 but feel even them my expectations are too high. Ideally, I want to see:

    Characters - Cole

    Clayton

    Paduk

    Oscar

    Myrrah

    Skorge

    Theron

    Grenadier

    Mid-Operation - Dom

    Karn

    I feel this nicely rounds out the roster to finish up all the COG appearances and bring back some Locust Favourites.

    Maps -

    New Map 1

    New Map 2

    Remake 1 (River)

    Remake 2 (Gears 4 map)

    Again, 2 new maps is not unreasonable and 2 Remakes are not either.

    1 New Mode (Overrun 2.0?)

    1 returning mode (Wingman, Meatflag etc.)

    UI change to allow us to equip different skins for COG and Locust Versus, and Horde and Escape. I hate having to swap to Hivebuster Lizzie everytime I play Escape.

    What we will get -

    Characters - Cole

    Clayton

    Myrrah

    Theron

    As TC likes to drip feed, they won't release the last of the Campaign characters until July.

    Maps - 1 New Map

    1 Remake (Gridlock)

    2 FFA Maps

    1 New Mode -

    Most likely something small like a twist on a fan favourite

    Fahz and Kait added to Escape.

    That's it.

    submitted by /u/EliteZephyr29
    [link] [comments]

    This may be nothing to some of you...

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    I came back to the game not even 24 hours ago. I decided to set a challenge for myself. I've been playing this game since 06' with LOADS of breaks over the years. Since tiers for ranks have been released I've always averaged within the "Silver 1-2" range. Just so you can gauge my average skill as a player.

    Now, since returning I've been playing 2v2 gnasher. After my placement matches I ranked at "silver 2" which was my prediction.

    I decided to personally test myself... I obviously smoke, (please no hate, I just figured it'd be fun) I decided hey let's only play when we're baked and in a great mood... everybody knows how frustrating gears can be and I figured it would be fucking fun.

    It happened right now after losing this game along with the last 4 due to my teammates not playing.. so I played super hard even though we lost..

    We've achieved our first Diamond rank EVER. And 1.9 KD. I am proud of myself. I want to see maybe one day I'll hit D2, or even D3. Who knows? Let's get even better.

    Just wanted to thank everyone who gave tips to me over the years. As toxic as this community/sub can be at times, you guys are great. I appreciate all of you.

     - xXf0REVerxX 

    https://gamerdvr.com/gamer/xxf0reverxx/screenshot/15487444

    submitted by /u/GnashersOfWar
    [link] [comments]

    Saw this on twitter, at least god doesn't hate me this bad

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:16 AM PDT

    Gears 5: trade weapon with teammate (AI) often doesn't work ??

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 05:01 AM PDT

    I'm playing Gears 5 single player (on Windows 10). For some reason, most of the time I can't seem to swap seapons with my teammate.

    I know how to do it: I'm standing real close i.e. right next to them, aim at my partner, and then "Trade Weapon [X]" appears. And when I hold X, it swaps weapon.

    However very often, this "Trade Weapon [X]" does not appear. I'm absolutely, positively, most definitely, with 100% certainty doing it correctly.

    When it does work, I can do it over and over again, no problem. But most of the time it just doesn't appear, no matter how many times I try.

    Also it doesn't seem to depend on the weapon I'm holding. No special heavy weapons or anything. Just regular ones. Primary or Secondary weapon, Lancer, Gnasher, Shotgun, Hammerburst, whatever. It just won't swap.

    What am I doing wrong???

    submitted by /u/Warmongerr
    [link] [comments]

    The Duality of Man

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    An Embarrassing All Around (I’m trash)

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    Breaking News: TC postpones release of quality content amidst Coronavirus hysteria

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 04:10 AM PDT

    However, TC promises to continue to release uniquely inspired campaign desert armor skins to hold fans over and will "look into" other content

    submitted by /u/ABluePen
    [link] [comments]

    Wtf happened..

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 07:20 PM PDT

    I haven't played gears since they first added the chrome steel Kantus and from the looks of this thread and anything else gears related it seems to be way too quiet. I remember TC saying Operation 3 would be delayed but i never caught a date as to when it will be released. Has anything been done to versus and it's shit ranking system? Is horde and escape irrelevant as ever? Anything?

    submitted by /u/TheBlackMambas87
    [link] [comments]

    When does gear cog Johnny drop

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:12 PM PDT

    Asking cause I work a lot and tend to miss specific drops by the time I manage to hop online

    submitted by /u/wreck_it_alf
    [link] [comments]

    Issue with starting Gears 5

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 03:38 AM PDT

    Hi, I was able to play Gears 5 for a few days through gamepass for PC. Today suddenly it stopped working. When I click on "Play", the xbox add minimize and nothing happens. Any suggestions to fix? I have active subscription of xbox gameppass for pc, and I can play other games like Forza Horizon 4. I am on windows 10 PC, with Ryzen 5 3600 + RTX 2060 Super.

    submitted by /u/log2av
    [link] [comments]

    Horde Frenzy really be out here to screw you over haha

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 03:15 PM PDT

    How come Gears 3's Mechanic Baird looks better than 4/5's?

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 08:33 PM PDT

    Fastest way to level up horde characters?

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    I'm trying to take advantage of the free boost/double xp, I'm currently doing waves 46-50 repeatedly, is there any method that yields quicker results?

    submitted by /u/The_Greasy_Strangler
    [link] [comments]

    I need tips pls

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 02:00 PM PDT

    So am kinda new to the Gears of War competitive multiplayer, I've only been playing competitive for like 3 months and I still cant pass silver in online ranking games, are there any tips you guys could share with me?

    submitted by /u/PapiYuu
    [link] [comments]

    Soooo those st. Patrick’s day skins

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 12:32 AM PDT

    Ain't unlocking. Why am i not surprised. Played for over 3 hours, way over 50 kills. Nothing.

    submitted by /u/JoPar81
    [link] [comments]

    Not strictly gears related but if you're having audio "issues" with gears with headphones here's how to fix it. (Xbox only)

    Posted: 12 Mar 2020 12:16 AM PDT

    my game sounded very bassy and like a tin can (I can't really describe it better almost like being underwater) I updated my xbox and loaded gears last week and figured eh it's just an issue with Gears since it was the most noticeable game I heard it on, everything sounded like it had an echo but damp at the same time. anyway I asked other people they noticed 0 issues, after finally having enough of it and searching online to find nothing I did this.

    1. go to your xbox settings
    2. this will bring you to general settings
    3. press general volume and audio output
    4. press headset audio change it from windows sonic for headphones to stereo uncompressed.
    submitted by /u/TheAaronLad
    [link] [comments]

    Piss poor teammates

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 03:43 PM PDT

    I really really wish that the people who sit on your body while you're taking over would just go away, idc what gears game it is, they just never fail to sit there and be in the way. Then you got the ones who rush to the sniper or nades, whatever other power weapon there is, only to not hit a single shot or even touch anyone with the frags. There should be a game mode without ai too, getting quite tired of being aimbotted by a bot

    submitted by /u/lllJamesll
    [link] [comments]

    Put more red parts in GoW4 controller

    Posted: 11 Mar 2020 10:09 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment