• Breaking News

    Wednesday, July 15, 2020

    Gears of War | OPERATION 4: BROTHERS IN ARMS WHAT’S UP – JULY 14, 2020

    Gears of War | OPERATION 4: BROTHERS IN ARMS WHAT’S UP – JULY 14, 2020


    OPERATION 4: BROTHERS IN ARMS WHAT’S UP – JULY 14, 2020

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:42 AM PDT

    Weekly Developer Stream Thursday - Submit Questions Here!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:26 AM PDT

    Weekly Developer Stream Thursday!

    Where to Watch:

    When:

    • Starts at ~3pm PST
    • Lasts for ~1.5-2 hours

    Be sure to check for a stickied comment below. If anything changes in regards to day/time, we'll be sure to have that info in the stickied comment!

    Who:

    • Dana (u/tc-mjrdecision) usually the host
    • Occasionally other developers will join - like a map designer, the PvP lead, etc.
    • Someone typically works behind the scenes to run the stream/chat

    What:

    • The community team discusses any recent news and follows up with a Q/A session
    • Some streams have raffles or "click-to-claim" style prizes available!

    Submitting Questions!

    Check stickied comment for questions

    The Rules: In order to condense the number of questions a bit, we have a few rules laid out. These rules are based on what we've experienced in the past, as we've started to learn what TC will and will not answer.

    • They don't talk about future content
      • Campaign DLC
      • Gears 6
      • Maps
      • Characters
      • Modes

    I'll sticky a comment to this thread to help collect questions.

    *Also note that TC reads the twitch (and sometimes YouTube) chats for questions when live.

    submitted by /u/BChaps
    [link] [comments]

    got a cat and immediately knew what to name him

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:13 PM PDT

    I see we have Kilo Squad Paduk... I wouldn't mind another Kilo Squad Skin down the road.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:03 PM PDT

    Starting off Operation 4 with a Bang lol

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 07:51 PM PDT

    OP 4 is fucking amazing.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:54 AM PDT

    TC, major applause. This update feels exactly like what Gears 5 needed to get a revival. I can see a lot of players coming back for this.

    So many positive changes, including a cool new addition of characters and some great maps (my first ranked KOTH game I managed to get reactor and it was fucking awesome), also the 8 shot gnasher is back and gnasher battles just feel so much better. Kudos.

    Ranked feels so much more rewarding now knowing exactly the breakdown of how I will rank up.

    The store. Mwah, voila, awesome. This is such a consumer friendly change that I've never seen in any game before aside from maybe Battlefront 2. Going from MTX heavy to player friendly, bravo. All the prices are very reasonable and the permanent store items was a great addition.

    TOD has some great items, especially that UIR Cosmonaut Skin, and the weapon skins look great too, even the common Radar. The addition of the new Legend rank was a great idea that benefits players who enjoy playing a lot.

    10/10 update imo, I can see this being a little lower for PvE players since they can't get Dom, but still overall a great update. Super excited for Gears 5's future.

    submitted by /u/cmarq07
    [link] [comments]

    Beautiful Image of Dom

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 04:51 AM PDT

    I know people complain about Gears 5 alot but the Coalition deserve massive recognition for this update.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:31 PM PDT

    I can't believe how good this update is, the store is a phenomenal upgrade and the gameplay just feels SO much better. Everything feels weightier and the gnasher feels incredible again.

    This really does feel like the gears we all know and love and it's rekindled my love for the series. Any members of the Coalition if you ever see this, well fucking done!!

    submitted by /u/Reead95
    [link] [comments]

    Okay, can we talk about how fuckin AMAZING the Zero Hour skin set is?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:43 PM PDT

    They animated Old Ephyra getting blasted by the Hammer on every single weapon in the game.

    THAT'S SOME NEXT LEVEL SHIT. I KNOW THAT LORE WISE IT WAS A TRAGIC BUT DECISIVE MOVE IN THE LOCUST WAR BUT IT'S JUST SO COOL.

    I can't wait to earn them all. I really can't.

    submitted by /u/IAtetheSPAM
    [link] [comments]

    I love this new store

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:11 AM PDT

    If you look through the store while in an escape lobby, they all have the hive buster bomb, even the swarm. Thought this was funny bc of how skinny karn was

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 05:43 PM PDT

    Trailer drop.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 06:46 AM PDT

    I’ve had this since 2006. Nothing that special or unique, but it’s special to me. I’ve gone through a lot of merch over the years that has been lost or ruined for various reasons, but THIS will be with me forever!

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 12:50 PM PDT

    Ranked Suggestion: Remove performance caps

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:27 PM PDT

    Overall, I'm in love with the new op, but I think the ranked system could use a bit of tweaking. I understand we're in pre season to test things out and offer suggestions, so here's the main problem I have: The performance caps do not allow for truly top tier players to stand out enough.

    It will take too long for the top players to move up as a result, which is not only frustrating for them, it's frustrating for those on the lower end as well as they'll be pitted against people far better than them until everyone gets ranked up. Under the current system, it is only possible to earn a maximum of 250 points per match, which is simply not enough imo.

    Earlier in KOTH I had 114 elims and was awarded only 2 more points than a guy on my team with 42. I really don't think that's an accurate reflection of player skill and you're gonna end up in a situation where bad players are higher than they should be and vice versa.

    I love how clear the breakdown is now, I just think it should be possible to earn more points. I do understand it's a tough thing to balance though given the wager system. What do you guys think?

    submitted by /u/Dchaney2017
    [link] [comments]

    It's BACK !

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:04 PM PDT

    Love the OP4 changes, love the direction the game is going.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    The first thing I did after checking everything out and seeing all the changes was buy $25 worth of iron. Haven't spent a dime on the game up to this point, and listening to the community like this deserves financial support. I'm sure TC have been working themselves to the bone to deliver these changes for us.

    This is how you make money TC, keep it up. Really looking forward to how this game shapes up over the next six months

    submitted by /u/corvette22
    [link] [comments]

    Revenge is so sweet.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:07 PM PDT

    Thats depressing...

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 04:45 PM PDT

    Don’t waste your Gears Coins like I just did...

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 10:08 AM PDT

    A bunch of my Horde cards said "Ready to Upgrade", so I started doing it. Only to realize each one was costing me coins. Be careful.

    submitted by /u/Co-opingTowardHatred
    [link] [comments]

    Maybe I didn’t get all my favorite characters this OP but I just wanna thank TC for this amazing store update. Finally got OG Baird

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:37 AM PDT

    The happiest I’ve been playing Gears 5 in a while.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 05:11 PM PDT

    Okay so I know a lot of people have been expressing there positive feedback for the new operation and I'm sure this is the last thing you want to read but I just have to give this game some praise. Just like some of us blame all the shit and errors they make we should also praise their great work.

    Trying to keep this short and sweet. I haven't had this much playing Gears 5 or Gears in general in a while. The launch was not so great and up until the last operation I didn't have much fun like I did in Gears 4. That being said this operation is not quite similar to Gears 4 but they brought back a lot of the Gears 4 style for example some from of credit/currency that one can use to purchase cosmetics. They added a bunch of more characters and skins to game which I know isn't as much as they were producing around this late into their first year as 4 but hey it's better than nothing.

    All in all this season is pretty great at launch (at least those are my first impressions) and I hope that they can continue making it better. Thanks everyone for your time. If anyone wants to tell me what they like or dislike or what they can improve on I'm all ears. P.S. Paduk is stupid broken imo. For Gorasnaya!

    submitted by /u/DoughboyVasquez
    [link] [comments]

    Just in time for Operation 4. I'll be trying to organize Gears UE nights on Fridays/Sundays now that I finally have this, so drop a comment or a PM if you're interested.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 09:01 PM PDT

    There is a Swarmak in Escape Mode??!?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Gears points are good, but mess with MVP

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    So in KOTH you can earn no points after 40 kills, 10 caps and 10 breaks. So someone who has just reached 40 eliminations with 10 caps and 8 breaks will earn MVP over someone with 100 eliminations, 16 caps, and 7 breaks. In my opinion, MVP shouldn't be based on gear points, but on overall performance like before.

    What do you think?

    Edit: just played quickplay and the new score system is so clean! I think they should have score in game for the sake of clarity, and the gears points system running in the background/remain under your personal scoreboard for reference.

    submitted by /u/lockmister
    [link] [comments]

    Can we take a moment to appreciate you still get 500 Iron from TOD with the new system

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 01:17 PM PDT

    I thought the 500 Iron would leave the TOD with the introduction of Gears Coins but this is fucking awesome, thank you TC! This is the game we have all been waiting for, love the changes.

    submitted by /u/DuskDudeMan
    [link] [comments]

    I love that we finally got Jinn-Bot as a character! Would love to see actual Jinn at some point as a skin.

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 11:06 PM PDT

    How much did this cost?

    Posted: 14 Jul 2020 08:18 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment