• Breaking News

    Sunday, July 26, 2020

    Gears of War | How I feel seeing my favorite game devoid of players. And its not even 10 years old yet.

    Gears of War | How I feel seeing my favorite game devoid of players. And its not even 10 years old yet.


    How I feel seeing my favorite game devoid of players. And its not even 10 years old yet.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 04:17 PM PDT

    Hey, a revving chainsaw bayonet! Let me just run right into it (this was ranked btw)

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:18 AM PDT

    The work is done. It always will be.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 08:42 PM PDT

    Looks like our Brothers in arms over at r/halo are mentioning us

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 11:27 AM PDT

    I think we need to thank coalition a bit more

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 08:36 PM PDT

    This is an appreciation thread. I think we all know the mess that is going on with halo's graphics right now, and I think we need to acknowledge coalition a bit more, though there are some missteps on the multiplayer side, coalition have never failed to bring us a game that graphically always sets a high standard, nor have they ever failed with the gameplay. The story is questionable but for most people especially gears 5 was thrilling and interesting... Even though I have my complaints with some of the steps they have taken, they are still an excellent studio which I don't think get enough praise.

    submitted by /u/MrSirjohny
    [link] [comments]

    Gears of War 6 more brutal/detailed Gore

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:08 AM PDT

    One thing I'd like to see in the next Gears is a more brutal gore system and to start off since assault rifles can now pop heads in Gears 5, in Gears 6 I'd like to see multiple different damaged head models. Instead of the head just exploding when landing the killing shot with Lancers, Hammerbursts, Claws, Enforcers, pistols, and Markzas or for any new weapons that are similar I'd like to see something like the images below.

    https://preview.redd.it/m5uxhum7g4d51.jpg?width=1440&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=324ea3202ee794d4739df305a0abf810f06316cc

    https://preview.redd.it/b5jf03j6g4d51.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=9eff3224b5650f51ee442d758ea28dae9789365a

    https://preview.redd.it/04uay3s4g4d51.jpg?width=1920&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=b169063dba3a32587567404dc78df95cf874b3b6

    Next for shotguns instead of them just completely dismembering the entire body in one shot I'd like to see it destroy an area of the body revealing bone and organs like these two images.

    https://preview.redd.it/hdg8azfgp4d51.jpg?width=640&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=265c071031adf5fbe359602dd34f16f7630b0d04

    https://preview.redd.it/g3q2w4jip4d51.jpg?width=3140&format=pjpg&auto=webp&s=12473e1ce18cbf641219a550f67f0384d3db7110

    For the Longshot and Embar I think it would add a more powerful look if they could take chunks of flesh off the body of an enemy when they're killed. For headshots there could be two damaged head models one for shooting at the top of the head above the eyes, it would blow off the top portion while leaving the lower part of the face intact and when shooting below the eyes it would take the entire head off.

    Now the Chainsaw and Retro Bayonet, in my opinion I think it's time for there to be new chainsaw animations instead of just the diagonal cut down the chest and the upwards cut from behind. I'd like to suggest a beheading animation and a saw straight down into the head that splits it in two. I'd also like to see the Gears 1 Blood spray the chainsaw had return. For the Retro I think adding two new animations when being bayoneted from the sides when charging from the right side of an enemy the character would shove the blade into the side of the neck, twist it, then rip it out horizontally through the throat. From the left side the character would shove the blade through the side of the ribcage which would then get stuck in the ribs and would proceed to kick the enemy off the blade (or they could just make something similar like these selectable executions.)

    Body damage on larger enemies I think would look pretty good too (Gears of War 2 actually had this for Brumaks.) Scions, Pouncers, Snatchers and Carriers would have chunks of flesh start coming off after being hit multiple times in the same spot.

    For the last suggestion that I think would add a bit more gritty/brutal look to the game would be bodies just slumping over where they stand after being killed (if they can no longer go DBNO) and having Cadaveric spasms a few seconds later. Or if a limb is blown off a dying animation will play where they're on the ground grabbing above the area the limb was severed while making pained growns/screams which of course if you wanted to you could shoot the body to stop it.

    Well this has been edgy, is this something anyone would want to see in the future Gears or are you fine with the bone and organ-less chunks of meat we have currently?

    submitted by /u/The_Warden1019
    [link] [comments]

    Nothing to see here, just a UIR nomad gathering the troops lol its so funny how everyone stopped mid fight lol

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 01:03 PM PDT

    The strength and accuracy of this grenade toss though...

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:00 AM PDT

    How would you guys feel about the coalition bringing back overrun?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:25 PM PDT

    free upgrade costs 1000 coins

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 02:57 PM PDT

    I've finally finished Gears 5 and now I'm loving Gears Tactics - good to be back

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 05:07 PM PDT

    Cheers for the whole Gears community!

    So, initially I didn't really like Gears 5, cause unsinkable cutscenes initially discouraged me, but I grew a pair and rolled with it, and I actually enjoyed myself.

    Now, I haven't played Gears since 3 was released and even then I had trouble with lag online, so I didn't play much online but, I loved it and missed it ever since.

    Long story short, I'm kind of on the fence about Gears 5 - I'm not really a fan of the new characters but, they are ok. Multiplayer-wise, I moved from console to PC, so while aiming is easy, movement is not - I'm sticking to Recruit and Bot matches for now, until I get a handle on things. It feels like the game plays pretty much like Gears 3, but I miss the loadouts and the sewed-off (yes, I was THAT guy). Honestly I don't expect to get any good anytime soon, not without friends on voice (Valorant deprived me of any buddy gameplay on PC right now), but it's still quite a lot of fun. I still miss Gears 3, but it is what it is.

    I'm also having a blast with Gears Tactic. Man, what a game. I know it's repetitive with all the samey missions, but it's quite a lot of fun and fits the Gears universe perfectly. Aside from the messy way you equip your dudes, and the repetitive missions this is way better than X-Com and that is coming from a fan.

    Anyway, if you guys have any tips on getting up to speed with Gears 5 MP for someone who hasn't played the series for years, I'd very much appreciate it.

    submitted by /u/mmaruda
    [link] [comments]

    The krill skin sets and hour zero sets are the best example of what a gears skin should be and they are underappreciated

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:37 PM PDT

    I've always thought skins in gears of war games should have some meaning and be related to something in the game or at least to not look out of place in the gears world, and these two skin sets do the job perfectly, not only do they look stunning from afar and even more impressive closely but they also have lore behind them, RAAM's most lethal weapon and the COG's most lethal weapon. This is what all skins ought to be, if they pumped out more skins with lore behind them I would be the happiest gear in the world :) whoever designed them should get a raise, seriously.

    submitted by /u/Worksr
    [link] [comments]

    When can we get these characters in the game ?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:32 AM PDT

    How do you play Paduk?

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 12:55 AM PDT

    I just tried a match of horde with Paduk, and he was... okay? Not really impressed, honestly. Definitely not my pick for Master difficulty as it stands. I'm not sure if I'm using the wrong cards, or if they're not leveled up high enough but I'd like to know if any of you guys use him effectively, and how.

    I use Nomad Armor, Lifeline, Markza Mastery, Consecutive Shot, and Intimidation.

    submitted by /u/DoomDeathFace
    [link] [comments]

    My best clip in gears 5

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 11:06 AM PDT

    Double Check Card Upgrades

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:16 PM PDT

    Make sure when your perk cards say "Ready to Upgrade" that it's going to use cards and not your coins. Dont know how to distinguish because I've always just held down X to upgrade them when it said to. Just got robbed of 1000 coins.

    submitted by /u/TheCrowley256
    [link] [comments]

    Something that Grinds My Gears

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:40 PM PDT

    Is when people will buy or upgrade fortifications as non-engineers when I'm playing a leveled up engineer with cards. Really peeves me.

    submitted by /u/Aris_Veraxian
    [link] [comments]

    Yes, baird is the best gear ever.

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:25 AM PDT

    (sorry for the poor quality pic) Now that versus uses GP how are you supposed to get a score of 1000? Is there something I’m missing?

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 09:14 PM PDT

    Daily Discussion (July 26, 2020)

    Posted: 26 Jul 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    New maps

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 07:23 PM PDT

    Novice question here since I've been a day one gears player and am just wondering if theres anything I need to do to be able to play the new maps? Havent played one yet. And I play about 4 hours each night. So wassup with that?

    submitted by /u/GowerShirley
    [link] [comments]

    Carrion Markza now available! Claim it at live.gearsofwar.com

    Posted: 25 Jul 2020 10:03 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment