• Breaking News

    Sunday, March 8, 2020

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (March 08, 2020)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (March 08, 2020)


    Daily Discussion (March 08, 2020)

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Kate dropping that thang

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 12:52 AM PST

    Finally have all the Art Deco skins, me likey. Enforcer dropped earlier tonight and I decided to craft the Torque to complete the set.

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:41 AM PST

    Was reading one my gears books and I came across this excerpt, needless to say it speaks for itself

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 07:29 AM PST

    This sticker is sick

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 02:55 PM PST

    That’s new ��

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 11:20 PM PST

    I cut out the new Brumak, who wants to add it to the wiki

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 12:13 PM PST

    I've gotta say; if this most recent tournament is par for the course, then Gears E-Sports is probably the most unprofessional E-Sport I've ever seen

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 07:36 PM PST

    I've had the tournament on in the background all day for the skins, and even with how little attention I paid...holy crap.

    I've watched Siege, LoL, Halo, DotA, OW, Street Fighter among other games for their tournaments (in particular Siege and LoL) and by far.....this was the worst I've ever seen in terms of professionalism and behavior from the teams.

    Teabagging, corpse humping, some of the stuff said on Twitter etc. Probably at least 2 or 3 teams would've gotten conduct disqualifications or penalties in any other game or tournament, just from what I caught. Not to say other games or tournaments consist of perfect angels, but it's generally kept down to playful banter/ribbing and generalized pre-game teasing of the other team.

    submitted by /u/ParagonFury
    [link] [comments]

    Wait times get worse

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 03:15 AM PDT

    Is there any way to get kat and emile if you are getting gears 5 from gameshare?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 11:23 PM PST

    I would even buy them if they were character packs or something.

    submitted by /u/MochaTube2
    [link] [comments]

    Does Coalition Plan on dropping an Act 5 for some campaign DLC?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 03:29 PM PST

    It kinda left on a big cliffhanger. Absolutely loved every minute of the campaign, but it seemed to end at the climax without much resolution.

    I haven't played Gears since 3. Built a new PC and this was the first thing I bought. It feels good to be back. Would love more campaign.

    submitted by /u/Killroyjones
    [link] [comments]

    The way my buddy places fortifications in horde is infuriating

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 06:32 PM PST

    Ridiculous Guardian wait times

    Posted: 08 Mar 2020 01:34 AM PST

    Gear 5 2v2 partner

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 05:20 PM PST

    Add albonash and inv to party . Let's get these dubz

    submitted by /u/shanealbo
    [link] [comments]

    Co-op help

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 11:15 PM PST

    Hi all! My first post here so please remove if not allowed. Can anyone help me on a section in Gears5 campaign (Act II insane)?

    submitted by /u/ZuhaibZAK
    [link] [comments]

    I am so thankful that people can bring guests into ranked. Everyone deserves a fair chance

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 07:58 AM PST

    How TC is allowing this?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 07:07 PM PST

    From a mechanics standpoint, Gears 5 is very close to Gears 3

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 06:22 AM PST

    Anyone agree? Gears 3 even had aim assist, the movement is very fluid and fast on both. Not much cooldown on wallbouncing. You can pull off an Up A and reaction shot and chunk someone from ridiculous corners and angles.

    Also the maps are pretty similar, being small and designed for Gnasher play. District for example, reminds me of Hotel.

    I only wish the microtranscations, raw content and unlockable stuff were better because the core of Gears 5 is actually fantastic and deserves better.

    submitted by /u/DaxiTriver
    [link] [comments]

    Shit show of a Ranking System

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 08:47 PM PST

    When are they planning to fix this shit show of a ranking system. Yeah punish the player when they lose a match by making them lose over 110+ points, but oh wait let's give the winning team and the players who 2-0 the other team no more then a measly 10 points. This is the shit tht really makes the grind for masters and eternity man. Get your shit together Coalition cuz this ain't it.

    submitted by /u/_Derishious_
    [link] [comments]

    False Reports? Also, new ranking system?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 08:23 PM PST

    Hello all,

    Someone just told me in Gears 5 in game chat that they reported me for using an aim bot, when I in fact just domed his ***. I have been playing Xbox live for years yet have no experience with reporting. How likely is it that I will be suspended?

    Also, just wanted to comment on the new ranking system. It is way more responsive to your performance than it was before. I do well, the score goes up; I do poorly, the score goes down.

    Honestly though, I think it may be a little too generous. I just got placed into Diamond 1 in Guardian when I think of myself, in the broad spectrum of Gears players, as a solid Gold 3 player. The rank seemed to rise really easily.

    Your thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks for reading.

    submitted by /u/Borrelguard
    [link] [comments]

    How do I unlock the Advanced Modifiers?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 03:45 PM PST

    new player

    submitted by /u/brekor197
    [link] [comments]

    PC: anyone elses text to speech on, whether you turn it off or not?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 01:17 PM PST

    When I have voice activation on, everything typed into chat is read to me. I turn off voice activation and it's fine. But, if I do something like report someone, whatever I type is read back to me. I have text to speech turned off so I assume this is a bug. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/disapparate276
    [link] [comments]

    Why Is JD Called "James Dominic Fenix"?

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 07:07 PM PST

    ...Particularly, why "Dominic"?

    This is only relevant/pressing if you're familiar with the extended lore, that is; the books, and comics, and so on.

    Marcus Fenix is portrayed as very conscious of people's feelings. Despite his quiet and, perhaps, awkward exterior, Marcus is not socially incompetent or any such thing--he is a very empathetic and thoughtful person. Considering this, why would Marcus name his son only Dominic, and not also Carlos? Marcus saw them both as his "brothers", they were equal in his eyes. Wouldn't giving his son only the name Dominic be favoritism? Which, with how conscious Marcus is of people's feelings, Marcus would be hesitant to show for fear of hurting Carlos, or disrespecting his memory of Carlos?

    Carlos was shown, in Aspho Fields, to be mildly insecure, and perhaps envious of his brother, Dom (and Marcus, but that's beside the point.)--which Marcus would surely have noticed and promptly done his best to mitigate, and act accordingly--not wanting to contribute to that enviousness. I feel, based on how I understand Marcus' character, that Marcus would have given his child either both Dom and Carlos' name's, or else would have let Anya name their child; so as not show favoritism or disrespect his "first" brother's memory. Dom wouldn't have minded either way, but I think Carlos would have, and I think Marcus would be aware of this.

    Perhaps Marcus and Anya had planned another child, who would have taken the name "Carlos"? Perhaps this is yet another issue consequent of "extended lore"? Perhaps TC simply didn't consider this? What do you think? I'd love your thoughts.

    Edit--

    To give a bit more evidence to my point, a copy/pasted reply--

    "Not sure how good of an analogy this is, but: say you have an extra ticket to a baseball game, you could give it to your younger brother or your stepbrother. You want to give the ticket to your brother--you've known him longer, and experienced more with him, after all. And yet you hesitate, for you do love you stepbrother, and don't want to hurt your stepbrother's feelings."

    You guys are looking at it from an outsiders perspective. Yes it is logical that Dom deserves to have his name passed on more, but you wouldn't see that logic from Marcus' perspective as, like Marcus must be, you would be emotionally compromised and unable to see that logic past your emotional connection to Carlos. Does that make sense?

    submitted by /u/SoupKitchen08
    [link] [comments]

    Help - Questions about playing in high level games (inconceivable and master)

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 01:09 PM PST

    I play as JD and I'm a hella good GL spammer. I usually rank at the top of most games and do pazillions of damage to bosses and mini bosses. I'm a team player and I know what I'm doing. The problem I seem to have is that I think I missing out on some of the "understood" ways and "unspoken" rules that these games are played at.

    Questions:

    1. I always use a mic … however I'm finding most people don't. Someone yelled at me the other night to turn on my text … which I don't to be honest with you know what that is. So, what is the best way to communicate in these games and if I need to turn something on how do I do that? What is this text thing? How can you text and like … play the game at the same time?

    2. On communication I have heard that robotic voice from time to time … is that some kind of text to speech people use instead of using real mouth words?

    3. I understand that if I'm given a weapon locker (which all JD's should get) I blow myself up between rounds with frags to stock it up with GL's without paying the steep price for them at the fabricator. How do you handle a group that doesn't have a lot of weapon lockers or they have one or two that everyone uses? I can't really just drop someone's XYZ gun on the floor and often times I find myself with a GL out of nades.

    4. How much power do I put in the fabricator vs. how much I spend on perks? I usually spend power on perks when I see a fabricator over 50k in power … but the other night I got booted from a game because after one wave I didn't drop the 1200 or so power I picked up even though I was dropping power for the last few dozen waves … which I thought was odd since as per question number one no one was talking.

    5. Are there any other tips you have to get along better with some pretty picky and petty folks at these levels? Any nuggets of wisdom would be appreciated.

    Thanks gang.

    submitted by /u/dasbootyeaster69
    [link] [comments]

    Game breaking bug in co-op.

    Posted: 07 Mar 2020 07:03 PM PST

    Hello. Sorry if this isn't the best place to ask about this, but I'm gonna try.

    My sister and I are playing Gears 5 in the online co-op campaign on Xbox One. We've experienced a handful of bugs, but just encountered one that's particularly awful and I'm wondering if there's a fix.

    We're at the end of Act 3 Chapter 3. We died, reset at the checkpoint, and now all of Jack's upgrades and abilities are gone. ALL OF THEM. My sister plays as Jack. We tried restarting the game, restarting the console and going back to the previous checkpoint. None of these things worked. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/andyazel
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment