• Breaking News

    Tuesday, February 11, 2020

    Gears of War | You know what really grinds my Gears... (February 11, 2020)

    Gears of War | You know what really grinds my Gears... (February 11, 2020)


    You know what really grinds my Gears... (February 11, 2020)

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 02:05 AM PST

    THE RULES

    • SLAP THAT CAPSLOCK BUTTON (or don't)
    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER MAKES YOUR BLOOD BOIL.
    • OTHER PLAYERS WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS.
    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER WILL MAKE EVERYTHING FINE AND DANDY.
    • SHARE KETCHUP RECIPIES WITH MARCUS AND MAKE HIM PROUD.
    • PLAY NICE WITH EACH OTHER AND FOLLOW THE RULES.

    Relevant Image

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Marcus mains where y’all at?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:54 PM PST

    All I see are FACTS from Shadowz

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:29 PM PST

    Thank you, TC, very cool!

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:41 AM PST

    My disappointment is immeasurable and my day is ruined

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 03:48 PM PST

    POV: You're Lt. Minh

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:04 PM PST

    Happens like 10 times a game

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:20 AM PST

    People will join rank and be like this the whole match

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:56 AM PST

    Now that's what I call a rage quit

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:40 PM PST

    I tried....

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:20 PM PST

    I wasn’t wrong about all the locust skins being on the Store

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:39 PM PST

    So probably we will be paying for the sniper, trashball, miner and maybe half of the skins for the locust drone

    submitted by /u/UnrealBolo
    [link] [comments]

    Quint for MVP and the match win.

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:48 PM PST

    THIS WEEK IN GEARS 5 - Feb. 10, 2020

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 02:20 PM PST

    How I Feel When I Play Escape

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:14 AM PST

    Fanmade - what are the chances? (Seen on Facebook)

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 12:13 AM PST

    Diamond 3 at 19,500 points and lose -1000 in one match... Completely ridiculous.

    Posted: 11 Feb 2020 02:26 AM PST

    Lose a match 1-2 against Masters players and i lose 2 weeks worth of progress. Unbelievable.

    submitted by /u/JJCUE
    [link] [comments]

    BEN CARMINE HAS FALLEN INTO THE GIANT WORM IN LEGO CITY

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 09:46 AM PST

    Anyone still play horde gears 2?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 07:17 PM PST

    This was my all time favorite horde mode. No fancy barriers, no paying for ammo. The horde was challenging and fun. Was on the other day and actually went to 50 in underhill. Anyone else play gears 2 recently ?

    submitted by /u/starladear74
    [link] [comments]

    It gets old ..

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 08:24 AM PST

    So sick of having to reset my game just to view my 3 Daily TOD challenges or unlock a character. Come on TC this has to be a priority of someones?

    submitted by /u/MonotoneTanner
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 Horde - allow to choose enemy type

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 06:02 AM PST

    I really wish there were settings to choose the desired enemies. My favorite to kill are imago and juvies . Least favorite (I dread) killing rejects and other robotic enemies.

    What do y'all think?

    submitted by /u/mp38661
    [link] [comments]

    Nice clip I got

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 11:32 AM PST

    Honest Question - How Does Gears Esports Make a Profit?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 10:46 AM PST

    TL/DR: How does esports really make money for the developers?

    This is a question that I've pondered for years...and a recent thread has finally sparked my interest enough to make a post about it.

    Let me preface with this....

    I have nothing against esports. I'm personally not someone to follow it and I rarely watch any of it (for any game). This isn't made as an insult to any competitors, developers, viewers, or anyone involved.

    I honestly just have questions when I look at it from my point of view. I imagine I'm probably missing something here. So, if anyone can enlighten me, that would be great! :)

    .

    Let's look at The Costs:

    • Prize Pool
    • Developers dedicated to esports
    • Casters/organizers & even crew
    • Travel for employees & some teams
    • Marketing
    • Equipment costs
    • Venue costs
    • Giveaways

    Some of this (such as many giveaways) are donated by sponsors. But in general, that's a lot of costs.

    .

    Okay, now let's look at The Revenue:

    • "Team Skins" sales and micro-transactions
      • These being the team-specific skins
    • "Esports Supporter Skins" and micro-transactions
      • These are things like "black steel"
    • Player Retention (subjective)
    • Marketing/Awareness (subjective)
    • Sponsors/Ads (I assume)?

    I wanted to hit on a few of these....

    To start with, are the "esports supporter" things. I imagine that TC and the esports team marks that is revenue thanks to the esports program. I'm sure that some people are buying them to show support for esports. But I would venture to guess that the vast majority of these purchases are just due to people wanting the cool looking skins.

    • Look at it this way (made up numbers BTW). TC can spend $100 to develop a skin. They can put it on the store, and make $900. Or, they can put it on the store as "esports", and make $1000. Either way, it's making a ton of money. Adding that "esports" tag to it really just gives them a little extra boost.

    Player retention and marketing/awareness are some of the biggest potential gains I imagine. TC/MS want to keep the game relevant. Esports will keep the game in the news (hopefully). Having top-tier teams will potentially bring in support from esports fans from other games who want to follow an org. By having events, Gears fans are constantly reminded of the game, and are more likely to come back and keep playing (thus spending money on MTX). This is a huge benefit to the franchise...but I don't know how to quantify it.

    I assume that there's ads/sponsors. Like some company pays for certain costs and in return get's their name plastered on some stuff. Again, not really my field of expertise, so I have no idea.

    .

    Now, let's Bring it all together:

    We have millions and millions of dollars of costs.

    • Sponsors may offset some of that.
    • I would argue that the "esports supporter" sales shouldn't count as offsetting their costs. Maybe a little, but at the end of the day, the fact that they're "esports" skins isn't really doing that much for them.
    • "Team Skins" will make up for some of the costs

    So, what are we left with?

    The way I see it, we still have millions of dollars of costs to account for (even after those offsets mentioned above). Hell, the prize-pool alone for each season is 1-2 million.

    We have the benefit of some increased publicity and player retention. How much is this really worth though?

    Gears has always been a series about passionate fans. Many fans either stick with it, or they leave. I don't feel like esports is really gonna have a huge impact on retention.

    Again, I never went to school for this stuff, and this certainly isn't my strong-suit.

    I just find it hard to believe that TC/MS can justify spending so much money on esports. The prize pools keep getting bigger and bigger, and it just seems really far-fetched to me that it could possibly be recouping costs.

    So, I ask again....what am I missing here?

    Is TC still in the spot of "spend money to make money", where they're hemorrhaging money right now in hopes that Gears esports is big enough to sustain itself in the future?

    ....or are they actually in the black already?

    .

    Thanks to anyone who's read this far!

    submitted by /u/BChaps
    [link] [comments]

    I'm playing GoW2 on Gamepass. Has it been remastered, or did it seriously look this decent 12 years ago

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 12:49 PM PST

    At first I thought Sera was a world where airplanes do not exist and was obsessed with helicopters for some reason. But according to the wiki they do have fixed wing aircraft?

    Posted: 10 Feb 2020 05:36 PM PST

    Could someone illuminate on this?

    submitted by /u/AutobotYoung1
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment