• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 7, 2020

    Gears of War | You know what really grinds my Gears... (January 07, 2020)

    Gears of War | You know what really grinds my Gears... (January 07, 2020)


    You know what really grinds my Gears... (January 07, 2020)

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:05 AM PST

    THE RULES

    • SLAP THAT CAPSLOCK BUTTON (or don't)
    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER MAKES YOUR BLOOD BOIL.
    • OTHER PLAYERS WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS.
    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER WILL MAKE EVERYTHING FINE AND DANDY.
    • SHARE KETCHUP RECIPIES WITH MARCUS AND MAKE HIM PROUD.
    • PLAY NICE WITH EACH OTHER AND FOLLOW THE RULES.

    Relevant Image

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When my son was born 2010 he sat with me playing gears. Now he’s 10 and his first time playing and sniping. Just picked it up with no scope shooting. I’m proud of him ���� he’s going to take over the mantle

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 03:39 PM PST

    *Sad woo*

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 05:54 PM PST

    MET DOMINIC SANTIAGO (CARLOS FERRO) (NOV. 2019) AND HE SIGNED MY GEARS 5 LANCER.

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 12:05 AM PST

    It ain't gonna happen

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:52 PM PST

    Memes?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 05:15 AM PST

    My late Christmas gift! Just got it from a friend

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:44 PM PST

    I like the what up that tc do

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 02:25 PM PST

    NEED..MORE...BARRIERS....

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:22 PM PST

    This is outrageous! It's unfair!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:04 AM PST

    Would gears be better if it was linear like it always has been?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:03 PM PST

    Personally I hate the open world. I hate the side quest that feel like nothing sometimes. I really prefer the non stop action and story that we previously had. Riding the schiff brings nothing new and all the traveling makes the game unnecessarily longer. The game still plays great and is lots of fun but the open world made the game worse in my opinion.

    submitted by /u/Dookiestain
    [link] [comments]

    I hate the versus in this game so fucking much

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:52 PM PST

    It's seriously somewhat depressing. The only game I ever want to play is Gears and this shit is just an abomination. Win or lose this game is not the least bit fun. Every match is filled with constant flash spamming and the most inconsistent gnasher in Gears history (how do you seriously manage to do this). I'd rather play judgement than this shit. I was diamond in every mode multiple times on 4 and now I just get my ass handed to me every game in fucking bronze where I don't even go up when I win. Seriously man fuck TC for ruining my favorite video game of all time by far.

    submitted by /u/secretagentMikeScarn
    [link] [comments]

    What’s Up cancelled today. No news today, TU4 with Kantus coming soon.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 02:01 PM PST

    14 Days for new items on store??

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:10 PM PST

    Just started Act III of Gears 5 ... WOW this game is good!

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 02:54 AM PST

    Please don't spoil anymore of this game for me but I have to gush really hard because I'm really blown away by just how good this game is!

    Gears 4 sucked. I made a whole thread about how unenjoyable that game was for me about a month ago and weirded out because I'd enjoyed the series on and off over the past 15 years but this game just wasn't gripping me at all. In playing Gears 5, I figured out what was wrong with Gears 4:

    • The gameplay really was repetitive AF. It was as "Gears of War" as it gets. Encounter after encounter with chest-high walls and the same enemies, one right after another.
    • JD sucks. He's just a painfully dull, hyper-generic "dudebro" stereotype even worse than his dad in the first game.

    And Gears 5 (I guess they dropped the "of War" from the title?) starts out like that in the first Act, but with better gameplay. Finally, the environments have more variety, and the characters actually seem invested in the world they live in, and the stakes are high and believable, it's at least more engaging.

    Then Act II comes and... HOLY SHIT!

    • Finally, I'm playing as the woman on the cover of the game. She's boring so far, but at least the town she's strolling through isn't. Thank you for breaking up the gunplay with overhearing conversations instead of just walking through empty areas admiring scenery!
    • Oh, JD comes back and now he's an asshole. GOOD! Screw him!
    • Wow, I have a map?
    • WOW, it's open-world!?
    • Holly crap I can go wherever I want! They put Metro: Exodus in my Gears 5 and I love it!
    • Damn these two characters who up to this point have had almost zero development suddenly get fleshed out a lot more and ...
    • HOLY SHIT Kait has these fucked-up family ties to the weird haunted house level from Gears of War 2? And now for the first time since the series' inception, we get a coherent explanation for why the Locust exist, a lot of unexplained story elements make sense and-- oh shit she's putting a gun to her head!
    • OMFG Kait, who up to this point had been almost a nobody, just had a genuine, well-paced, relatable, believable, emotionally impactful moment of character development that really fleshed out who she is and I'm legit invested in her story now!
    • *GASP\* and now she's bashing frozen monsters with a metal pipe and screaming at a robot man "I'm gonna FUCKING KILL YOU!" And I'm screaming at my screen:
    • "FUCK!!! YES!!!"

    Holy shit... holy living shit... that was so fucking intense, I don't know or care if you all were indifferent to it but God DAMN that was good! And that Matriarch was hard as fuck to beat!

    I just started Act III and shut down for the night but absolutely loving this and needed to share that. Thanks!

    submitted by /u/LOLdragon89
    [link] [comments]

    Imagine losing ONE round and then quitting to play madden 20

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 01:19 PM PST

    It’s teabag time!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 10:25 AM PST

    Remaster gears 3

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 05:21 PM PST

    I feel like the only thing that will save this depressing series is if they just do a gears 3 remastered. Keep the game exaclty how it was on 360, update the graphics, and get new servers. I would be so happy if I could go back 9 years and play gears 3 with populated lobbies.

    submitted by /u/CheekooS
    [link] [comments]

    Turns out Baird is camera shy

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 09:22 AM PST

    Is TC planning to keep releasing new operations till gears 6?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 04:09 PM PST

    At the rate this game is dying it's hard to imagine there will be any hype at all for a "operation 7" for example. It makes me sad. Gears is my favorite series ever and I hate seeing the state it is in. I went from playing every day to only playing once a week... it's hard to stay loyal when there are so many bugs and barely any maps. I hope gears 6 doesn't turn out like gears 5.

    submitted by /u/SupremelyOdd
    [link] [comments]

    Escape - Quick extraction worth it?

    Posted: 07 Jan 2020 01:04 AM PST

    Initially on beginner, I just saw players rush past enemies with flashbangs and get to extraction with minimal shooting so I started doing this too. But as I increased the difficulty, players are typically taking the longer route. I see doing a thorough run is better for time and more XP.

    But when it comes to skill cards, is it better to go for a better time as well? Or will more completions net more cards?

    submitted by /u/Socomisdead
    [link] [comments]

    So since release no carmine bros no dom no cole and 1 map wow...

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 12:05 PM PST

    Gears 1 Art

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 07:11 AM PST

    The Perfect Slide

    Posted: 06 Jan 2020 08:24 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment