• Breaking News

    Monday, January 13, 2020

    Gears of War | Meme Mondays (January 13, 2020)

    Gears of War | Meme Mondays (January 13, 2020)


    Meme Mondays (January 13, 2020)

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:06 AM PST

    {End user should never see this text.}

    {Contact u/CthulhuMadness for more information}

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gears of War story in a nutshell (so far)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:41 PM PST

    Found Gears 2 horde on Shameless (US) s01e11

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:45 AM PST

    4 months later and still broken

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:58 AM PST

    Gears 6 ending leaked

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 03:37 AM PST

    Can we get more than 2 maps on 2v2 gnasheds?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:46 PM PST

    [Perfect Timing] "Losing Blood"

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:31 PM PST

    So, about my sisters boots...

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:58 PM PST

    Locusts probably watch jojo

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:28 AM PST

    if we don´t get anything new in the store can we get a reasonably priced complete set of the Museum skin?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:14 PM PST

    Should we do a blackout?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 07:47 PM PST

    I know some other games can't remember but people did a blackout where most of the playerbase stops playing for a day to show that they want a change in the game. Since I see so many people still hating on TC for barely giving us any info on what's going to be fixed and when, should we all come together and do a black out?

    submitted by /u/IBIGWORMI
    [link] [comments]

    The power of a Baird and a Del working together. Footage of my win on master on District

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:21 PM PST

    A great cover that everyone should enjoy

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 11:01 PM PST

    While searching for some covers I found this gem of a cover it's for the main theme of Gears 5 so I thought that more people should enjoy this piece of music so I put it in here so it gets more attention (it wasn't made by me if I hadn't made that clear) The cover

    submitted by /u/CompetentBarren
    [link] [comments]

    Just a heads up that this challenge is still completely impossible outside of the US

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:01 AM PST

    So I am on the second act and found a funny thing. After the cutscene with Fahz (a knucklehead bull that tries to beat your ass on a boxing ring) I started dicking around and found this notice on the gym's wall lol. I know some of you saw it, but thought it's a funny little detail.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:58 PM PST

    [Judgment] Finally fully played Gears of War Judgement, my thoughts and what I'm calling the "Judgement" effect.

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:14 PM PST

    *BACKSTORY\*

    So some backstory real quick to help explain why I never played it, if you were around back when it came out then you can probably skip this part tbh. Basically I started the series back with Gears of War 2 around 2008 when I was 11. I grew up with Marcus' story, I played the trilogy multiple times, and I was there when THAT happened in Gears of War 3 (yes, I cried too). So when Judgment got announced around 2012 and it was said to be a prequel taking place around E-Day, 14/15-year-old me was ecstatic to play it. I got the game informer for it, read up on all the news and articles about it. But then the game came out, and for whatever reason, it just didn't work for me at the time, the controls were different, the story layout was different, and having a prequel but without Marcus or Dom in the group at all but instead Baird, Cole, and two new people I, at the time, couldn't care any less about, it just turned me away from the series. I went back to the trilogy and stayed there.

    *REVIEW & THOUGHTS\*

    Now fast-forward to yesterday when I randomly decided to download all the games off of GamePass because I plan on marathoning all of them, I decided to go ahead and give Judgment another shot, I picked to play it first initially to get it out of the way, and what I initially thought was going to be a slog based on my pre-determined idea of the game from 7 years ago. Turned into a great, quick adventure with Baird and his crew as they face the trial of their crazed superior Loomis. The game also had the feature of being able to declassify parts of the story which I thought worked PERFECTLY for the story it was trying to tell. And of course, I'm pretty sure Marcus still made a cameo anyway lol.

    While Judgement still may not be the BEST GoW game, it's definitely a solid one. It tells an interesting story that once you're hooked, you're in till the credits roll, which combined with the length of the game, which I found to be perfectly lengthed for a "spin-off" game, it all makes for an amazing game all around but especially for the weekend on a lazy Saturday/Sunday. Of course, I'm not saying the game is without flaws obviously, mortar enemies being hard to spot, running out of Scorcher ammo before the Berzerker showed up, still wanting to use classic Gears controls, but I feel they aren't enough to warrant an extra paragraph as we all have already heard these complaints for the past 7 years.

    *The "Judgement" effect\*

    I find it interesting with games like this where when they come out they are ultimately shat on by their community for either gameplay and/or narrative changes that the fans never asked for and don't agree with at the time. But once the following game brings the series back on track, people who go back to these games end up actually enjoying, if not loving, the games. I personally call it the DMC effect based on how the 2013 reboot of Devil May Cry was absolutely hated by everyone, but now that the series is back to normal, everyone is able to enjoy and love the 2013 game for what it is. I guess now I'll have re-name it. We in the gears community can start calling it the "Judgement" effect (definitely has a better ring to it lol). I'm just glad I gave the game another shot after 7 years, makes you wonder how many other "bad" games are out there that are actually really good but because of their spot in a series or some changes they made with that entry, that people just aren't currently giving them a chance.

    submitted by /u/TheDaileyGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone actually like the flashbangs?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 04:20 AM PST

    Actually wondering this, because for me they completely ruin the flow of any ranked match. Nothing like a good shotgun fight ruined by a flashing screen and your character walking around like a blind toddler.

    submitted by /u/Fugalism
    [link] [comments]

    How to use JD's ultimate using mouse and keyboard?

    Posted: 13 Jan 2020 02:27 AM PST

    Hey folks, I know that when using the controller you mark the target using whatever button the ultimate is bound on, then hit Y to drop the artillery. But what if when using M+K? What key should I press after marking an enemy? Thanks.

    submitted by /u/McDieyoung
    [link] [comments]

    No XP or cards from Horde

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 08:26 PM PST

    Just finished 50 wave of Insane horde and my entire party didn't get any XP or cards. Anyone else?

    submitted by /u/rsvictor1976
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody up for horde sometimes?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:46 PM PST

    Looks like it's hard to find players in public horde, especially decent ones who know how to play. Anybody up for master runs and lower level for leveling other characters?

    I had a run with an asshole who kept commanding everyone what to do, and then never deposited. Just looking for players who are relaxed, if interested leave or message your gamertag.

    submitted by /u/JosephC007
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone actually play 2v2 Gnashers anymore? Often wait 20-40 mins and give up on trying to find games (AUS). Wont get this tour objective... or be able to earn those medals for it, either :-(

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:35 PM PST

    Horde attention...

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 09:15 PM PST

    Lets be honest: one of the major reasons we all continue to play and have played Gears games (including Gears 5) is for the extremely fun Horde mode. But it seems to me that TC are giving Versus and Escape improvements priority over Horde. Also, I've been told/read that Ranked Versus and Escape Leaderboard rewards are currently available...but nothing for Horde leaderboards? What gives? This is unacceptable.

    submitted by /u/xlordrelayx
    [link] [comments]

    How do you unlock these?

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:57 PM PST

    Add region select

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:44 PM PST

    Can we have region select + the number of players in each region and mode back? Alot of people would rather wait a longer time than to play in regions with high pings. And people who do not care about their ping can choose another region based on their number of players. This also will help to make the matchmaking to mostly focus on the skills than ping and time like it is right now currently.

    submitted by /u/PersianDragonYo
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment