• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 12, 2020

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (January 12, 2020)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (January 12, 2020)


    Daily Discussion (January 12, 2020)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 02:07 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    My Delivery Driver Mac cosplay for a con I’m going to today.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:11 PM PST

    Nightmares fuel

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:10 PM PST

    Microsoft, please step in and save Gears of War

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:14 PM PST

    The Coalition isn't a bad company and I'm not saying they don't try or work hard but I don't think they are a proper fit for this series.

    The game just has too many issues and we are exhausted having to deal with it every single game. Gears makes a TON of money but it's player base is too small. TC can't grow Gears into a bigger, more relevant game. They just can't.

    Give Gears to a different developer and make sure they will respect the series' roots while also taking it to the next level. Let's move away from the jokey Gears of War as of late and get back on track. Gears of War was originally conceptualized as Band of Brothers with monsters. Please, we can't take this anymore.

    submitted by /u/ktsmith91
    [link] [comments]

    Helmet finished!

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:37 AM PST

    Adored Gears 5 from a singeplayer perspective

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:48 PM PST

    I was loyal to xbox until this gen, but ps4 exclusives don't really scratch a gamey itch for me.

    I enjoyed Bloodborne, Nioh, and Death Stranding, but the rest, meh. Recently I was gifted an xbox one with gamepass. Ive mainly been replaying halo games i used to. Never touched a gears game before when I was younger, I didnt like the character designs.

    Gears 5 has a very satisfying gameplay loop. The open world isnt overwhelming, and you can simply go mission to mission. Reminds me of The Evil Within 2 and Metal Gear Solid 5; two unique and condensed open-environments in each game with optional stuff. Reminds me of the good ol' days with halo and playing simply for the fun of it, no matter how unrealistic it may be.

    The sound design was amazing too. Very meaty gun sounds, reload sounds, footstep sounds, and exploding body sounds. I like the aesthetic. Clean yet gritty. Bright lights and such.

    Weapon variety could be better, and the humor of the characters can be pretty cringey (especially in their current situations. Making sarcastic quips while people are being killed by drills digging through their brains and exploding their bodies). All the characters are still well-voice acted.

    I liked the story overall and Kait is a good protagonist imo. That may be because I just watched the Disney star wars movies, and by comparison to Rey, Kait has a magnificent personality.

    Gears 5 is about on-par with Sekiro, Resident Evil 2, and Death Stranding for 2019 for me. It wasn't oscar-worthy but it was a fun adventure.

    Maybe my opinion is irrelevant as Halo 4 is my 2nd favorite halo game next to halo 2, but I feel gears 5 is underrated like Halo 4 by fans of the classic games.

    Playing gears 4 rn, it's been fucking tedious with these robots. Gunna play gears judgement, 1, 2, and 3 next.

    Tl:dr: I find gears 5 an extremely fun and satisfying action game that was slept on this year. I like it miles better than Uncharted 4, Quantum Break, and other third-person shooters this gen.

    submitted by /u/Forhaver
    [link] [comments]

    *Volume Warning* Wardens Are A Treasure

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:11 AM PST

    [Major ending spoilers] The ending we deserved [Major ending spoilers]

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:12 PM PST

    “Come back and play” they said... It’ll be FUN” they said ��

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 12:34 AM PST

    Trying to grind to masters.. im at 18,800 pts. In the last 3 games all which I have won 2-1, I have lost 1200 points. It took about 7 days of nonstop 2-0s to go from 17,000 to 18,000. RIDICULOUS

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:55 PM PST

    I just went -586 with a 35-10 Elim/Death and 5,300 score in a 2-1 win UNFAVORED as MVP in TDM. It will quite literally take me 20 hours to get those points back. fuck this game

    submitted by /u/JJCUE
    [link] [comments]

    “Oh okay”

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:27 AM PST

    I don’t think I’ve ever seen others use the battleworn skins at all, I just love the simplicity, anyone else?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 03:33 PM PST

    WE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE TO JOIN CG

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 11:43 PM PST

    My friend CG Trandoms (Chosen Gaming) made a team called CG. Were a content a creation team who just make video's on numerous of game's. But so far the only game we play for now is Gears 5. And were looking forward to playing more games and having mad fun but don't have enough people. all we need for 3 more members, at least 3 editors, and 3 graphic designers. On this team you can choose to be a content creator or montager. And yes choosing both is also an option. As of right now we cant pay any of our staff members but will most definitely look forward to that as soon as we get the chance to pay everyone. thank you for reading. if you need more detail my email is ([deahmawrenn66@gmail.com](mailto:deahmawrenn66@gmail.com))

    Discord: (Deejay#5328) and Instagram is (DrWabba00) Youtube: (CG Lyte, Chosen Gaming)

    Thanks for reading✌🏾

    submitted by /u/SmokyyTF
    [link] [comments]

    At the risk of offending some people

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 06:59 PM PST

    I'm very open with people and decide to be friends with them based on moral character and not sexual preference. That being said I don't understand why at launch we have 19 different pride flags as standard but I have to pay 500 iron or $5 to have the American flag as my banner. I'm not homophobic transphobic or anything else the far left would try to label me as but I'm just bothered that I don't have the American flag at launch and instead have 19 pride flags that pander to a very minute percent of the American populous.

    submitted by /u/Hunter0037
    [link] [comments]

    Really? Stuff like this makes me switch games.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:34 AM PST

    Confirmation the TU3 gnasher is intentionally missing shots. Its not often but I finally experienced it. Watch the freeze frame

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 01:04 PM PST

    Why so many quitters in Gears MP?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:35 PM PST

    Every game I've played today has had someone quit. Like they know by quitting it will d rank your progress with out any consequence. I love this game since gears 1 but this game is seriously broken.

    submitted by /u/iDR_BRUTALiTY
    [link] [comments]

    Map rotation

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 04:32 AM PST

    Is it just me or do you get the same maps over and over. I get you get three options but the options are rarely anything besides the same 4 maps. What's the point of having tour quests to win on a certain map that never comes up?? I've have the same two for the past few days.

    submitted by /u/LEW-sa-DER
    [link] [comments]

    Took a break about a month or two after launch so where's the new maps?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 10:27 PM PST

    Everything looks the same. Wow bring back the DLC model where we buy the dlc and get a few maps. How tone deaf can the developers be. Things should improve with experience not get worse...

    submitted by /u/whitemamba24xx
    [link] [comments]

    About 12 more promotions and I'll have finished this ToD. It...it hasn't been easy....

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 03:23 AM PST

    Is Gears 4 down?

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 04:38 PM PST

    I keep getting Unable to Connect to Gears of War 4 Services

    submitted by /u/Taegire01
    [link] [comments]

    Having fun with randoms

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 05:26 PM PST

    Multiplayer

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:22 AM PST

    Is there a certain playlist that includes reclaimed? Ive been playing versus for about two hours now and have yet to see it as a votable map.

    submitted by /u/seasgt
    [link] [comments]

    Just finished Gears 5 - Origin of the Locust (really?)

    Posted: 12 Jan 2020 01:09 AM PST

    Hi,

    Yesterday I finished Gears of War 5.

    I did play the originals in the Xbox 360 and absolutely loved them, such a great saga! I did also love GoW: Judgement's story too.

    Beginning of last summer I played Gears 4, I liked the visuals a lot on that game but the beginning was a bit rough, but it got better and better. Gears 5 I feel it did the contrary.

    Gameplay and visuals tho ... brutal, I've just loved the feel and scenery of the game.

    I was loving it, specially when you arrive to the first explorable map and revisit that part of Sera. Exploring the very origin of the Locust, really got me hooked up. And then it happened... "The origin of the Locust is experiment went bad, out of control and then they reproduced like rabbits and magically pulled of an entire civilisation underground in record time". I almost imminently lost interest for it and have only finished the game because I was having fun with the game and thought I would be close enough to the ending.

    I was expecting something along these lines:

    Early war within the Bronce age between humans or slightly different Homo Sapiens. The side that lost retreated underground and end-up developing their own civilisation and end up being the locust (weather if they already looked like that or develop their changes because of the life underground doesn't really matter). Imulsion shows up and starts being a huge problem for the Locust, on the same time, these experiments create Locust hybrids of locust/Human but most importantly, create the Queen, who's able to connect with the Locust and becomes their brain and strategist.

    Honestly... Everything else was SO GOOD but this is such a let down. To others it might be a good enough explanation (or even a good one) and that's OK. But I find it so lazy, dull and unsatisfying it feels like a deal breaker for a future Gears.

    I think like Disney's Star Wars, I might just go back to accepting the original work as cannon. It ended so well and honestly no further things needed to be known, sometimes leaving things to mystery is better.

    submitted by /u/ZubiFett
    [link] [comments]

    Can't equip Collectors Winter Armor Marcus.

    Posted: 11 Jan 2020 07:00 PM PST

    I unlocked it on the tour but for some reason I cannot equip it to my marcus character? wth?

    submitted by /u/A_Drty_Aardvark7
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment