• Breaking News

    Sunday, January 26, 2020

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (January 26, 2020)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (January 26, 2020)


    Daily Discussion (January 26, 2020)

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Had to share this beauty.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 10:20 AM PST

    After looking for months and not finding either damaged or under $200 I gave up then happen to take a trip to the local shop down down my street today and found this masterpiece I’m literally shaking I’m so hyped!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 10:07 AM PST

    Finally got my favorite fictional weapon tattooed on me. *bonus, it's a Run the Jewels tattoo as well.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 08:48 PM PST

    Some of my Gears gear I’ve kept through the years.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 08:13 PM PST

    Has anyone unlocked these??

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 12:33 AM PST

    Ive lost the Halo and Terminator dlcs?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 02:44 AM PST

    Hi I played the game when it first came out and had both the Terminator and Halo dlcs now I have started playing it again but I do not have them any more. Anyone know the reason?

    submitted by /u/_Wheezing
    [link] [comments]

    I recently redid my office gameroom setup and had to have a shelf for these. Thought I'd share.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:50 PM PST

    Look at me now Uncle (This FFA bug is nice to me)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 06:08 AM PST

    Where my KOTH people?!?!?!?

    Posted: 26 Jan 2020 03:02 AM PST

    Anyone looking for a KOTh match? Im solo and would really like a team to roll with.

    submitted by /u/ohsonaishty
    [link] [comments]

    I am happy that gears 5 is making locust skins.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 05:28 PM PST

    That is all I wanted to say.

    submitted by /u/Opreoss
    [link] [comments]

    Finally got masters! Lets go!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 06:33 PM PST

    Here's My Idea For Ranked.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 06:11 PM PST

    The current system is not great to put it nicely however I think a combination of skill/objective play will help make ranked a more pleasant place.

    For example with KOTH I think the winning team should never lose rank (this seems pretty obvious) even if you were the worst player on the winning team you should gain a small amount of rank points or not go up or down at all to prevent boosters from getting to higher ranks. It seems with the current system it's all about kills and score per minute so many people aren't playing the objective especially after the hill capture points nerf. Players should want to win first and go for kills second. For rank points i think you should take the teams overall average score and give rank points accordingly.

    For the Winning Team if 1st place got 5k points 2nd got 4k 3rd got 3k 4th got 2k and 5th got 1k the average score for this team was 3k points if this team won everyone should earn at least some rank points. For the players that were above 3k points should gain an extra amount of rank points with the 1st place player gaining a little more since he did the best.

    As for the Losing Team if you were at least above the average score of 3k your rank should not go down because you as an individual player held your own in this game and were above average and should not be penalized for that. This will really help with solo que players.

    The same rules could apply in the other ranked playlist as well. With this new system I think it will give players more incentive to win games instead of just going for kills thanks you.

    PLEASE UP-VOTE THIS POST SO TC CAN SEE THANK YOU.

    submitted by /u/Zeta699
    [link] [comments]

    Guardians/ Bastions farming

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 10:33 PM PST

    Does anyone know a way to make them appeared more frequently on horde?

    submitted by /u/UnrealBolo
    [link] [comments]

    Simple Omen

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 08:17 PM PST

    Am I just stupid, I've checked accessibility, display options, and regular gameplay options and I cant find the place to equip it over the immersive omen.

    submitted by /u/CuckNorrisJr
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 is Hard

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 10:04 PM PST

    Why Gears of War 1 is a Masterpiece - A Longform Review.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 07:38 PM PST

    Pace of the game in ranked

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 03:45 PM PST

    Has anyone else noticed the pace of the game slightly sluggish in ranked games? When I am playing custom games the game feels agile and fast but in ranked koth it is slightly slower? Not sure if the devs have sorted this out yet but about a month or so ago there was this clip going around showing 2 players in the same team running at different speeds. I wonder if this has something to do with it?

    submitted by /u/galdus
    [link] [comments]

    A dumb design choice

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 04:20 AM PST

    So I was so excited to get Lizzie carmine. I've been grinding for her all week and finally got her and played her for the first time tonight. And when the boss wave finally came i tried to use her ultimate ability and found out that her silverback is completely unarmed and needs character cards to even have any offensive capabilities or usefulness. This is some serious bs.

    submitted by /u/Hunter0037
    [link] [comments]

    Non-scrapable duplicate cards are just absurd.

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 11:08 AM PST

    Like most people, I prefer to play certain characters in horde. But once you max all of the cards of a character, you effectively stop getting any rewards for completing horde/escape. I think you get ~2 supply drops for doing a 50 wave horde on Inconceivable. I was hoping TU4 would incorporate scrapping duplicate cards, but I guess not. TC has mentioned looking into it, but I think I had this same question shortly after Gears 5 was released 4 months ago, and nothing has changed.

    If they add Level 6 cards, is it really going to be worth the 20 duplicates? The diminishing returns on level upgrades means some of those purple cards will give 1-2% extra for 20 duplicates. The equivalent 3k scrap would be much nicer, because you could apply it to those characters you might not prefer to play.

    This was a launch feature in Gears 4, so I'm not sure how it slipped through testing in Gears 5 unless it was intentional. I'm pretty certain if the next Operation doesn't have some major improvements in this area I'll be dropping Gears for a different game, which is a shame because the gameplay is very fun.

    submitted by /u/jakeus2828
    [link] [comments]

    Could it be possible to add the Locusts to Horde 4.0? Maybe they could call it Horde 4.5 (Spoilers)

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 10:07 AM PST

    I mean 2 games ago the idea that a TU could add enemies or weapons would have been laughed at, but now I'm not so sure, they (spoilers) literally have locusts in the campaign, they have the models, most of their weapons, and they could re use the boomers from UE and maybe remake the Grinders or Maulers but I find the last part too far fetched. I mean I've seen Scions with the Mauler shield but the shield isn't in the game as a pickup AFAIK and TC is super lazy so I don't have my hopes up :/

    Any locust enemy that has what I call a 'New Gears Graphics' model (UE, 4, 5,) could appear. 5 isn't a graphical improvement from the other 2 so literally copypasting Brumaks, Reavers, Berserkers and ALL of the Gears 4 multiplayer locusts (Ahem, Palace Guards and Theron elites could finally make an appearance in Horde) wouldn't look out of place in 5.

    It would be awsome to see locusts (Scions don't count aight) fighting alongside the swarm against players and they could make a Locust exclusive horde as a temporary event like Jingle Juvies or the Halloween one. And they could add their models to Multiplayer.

    submitted by /u/Worksr
    [link] [comments]

    My friends are DISGUSTING!!!

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 09:04 PM PST

    How bad must my team have been to lose 2 rounds in Onyx 3, my team was favored to win and I still go up in rank?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 10:57 AM PST

    Did solo Horde get changed?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 02:04 PM PST

    Not sure if this was covered in the recent patch notes, or older patch notes, but I've noticed that solo Horde seems quite... lighter now?

    Very little Scions (Seen about 1 so far), 1 Pouncer on Wave 9, but other than that, mostly low tier Drones, Leeches and Rejects to start with, then Elite Drones and Grenadiers, maybe 1 Hunter, in the later waves.

    Anyone else notice this, by any chance?

    submitted by /u/Soundwave04
    [link] [comments]

    Consistently booted from public horde

    Posted: 25 Jan 2020 07:17 PM PST

    Each time I host a public or private horde I, and subsequently all, players get booted after 20 to 30 waves. The first time this happened the host migrated to a friend but now it ends the match. Any idea what causes this or how to fix?

    submitted by /u/BradLR
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment