• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 24, 2019

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 24, 2019)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 24, 2019)


    Daily Discussion (November 24, 2019)

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    when you forget to bring your gnasher out ���� anyone else be doin this?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 11:49 AM PST

    fastest match i ever lost

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:04 PM PST

    Can Gears 5 figure out a way to function on a Saturday?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:53 PM PST

    Almost every Saturday since launch servers have stopped working for around 30 minutes to a couple hours. Or double stars stop working. Or something else.

    Tonight I played a custom horde game where I crashed and rejoined 4 times. One of the times I rejoined the game just outright crashed. 11 other players were kicked out, one or two rejoined, others did not and someone else joined. We weren't even at wave 30 yet. My 5th disconnection made me decide to make this post because I will not be playing again tonight even though I wanted to. Again.

    I just can't understand how this is a thing that is still happening. I'd be more annoyed if I wasn't already done the tour of duty.

    11 weeks in and I'd be surprised if a single one of those weeks didn't have some sort of issue on Saturday.

    Please get it together so I can attempt to enjoy your game TC.

    Edit: Typo.

    submitted by /u/J_DigitalDemon
    [link] [comments]

    Just why??????

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 09:02 PM PST

    Why introduce this weird hero shooter like nonsense in horde mode?

    It's ridiculous & unnecessary imo. I hate always being forced to play as Marcus if I want to use a lancer.

    I want to be able to choose which ever character I want with which ever primary weapon I want as having options is good & this was something that could be done in the past games...

    submitted by /u/farah486
    [link] [comments]

    The game decided we lost before the game was supposed to end...

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 12:36 AM PST

    Is it me or is this game unplayable right now?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:14 PM PST

    At least in Horde.

    Every game I've been in has either kicked me out or gave me a server error message after a few rounds. It's maddening. Is this happening to anyone else?

    Sorry if it's been posted about already

    submitted by /u/TheLongNightKing
    [link] [comments]

    Servers

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:39 PM PST

    Are the servers down? Just keeps saying player left so i cant get into a lobby.

    submitted by /u/shaco0netrick
    [link] [comments]

    What even just happened? killed any comeback chance

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 05:54 AM PST

    The quitters on ranked is atrocious, give us a surrender option while y’all figure out a penalty for leavers.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 12:24 PM PST

    Most of my KOTH matches have at least one quitting bitch, punishing everyone.

    I hate playing against 5v3 if majority is on my team, it's no challenge nor is it fun.

    I lose my interest when one asshole decides to leave because they are so attached to a stupid rank and not other teammates.

    submitted by /u/I_need_proof
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone know if any new craftable weapon skins or characters are coming out soon?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 10:15 PM PST

    Considering grabbing Art Deco but I don't wanna regret it if something else is in the works

    submitted by /u/xmrxcool
    [link] [comments]

    Is Execution dead?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:48 PM PST

    I haven't played in about a week and a bit. I've tried for the past half hour to play and each queue has taken 5 minutes and someone quits as soon as we actually get into a game.

    Super disappointing. Is the playlist really that unpopulated?

    submitted by /u/TheBronynSchulze
    [link] [comments]

    Why ?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 01:05 PM PST

    Why Did they change the cap reward to 30 points in king of the hill who asked for that

    submitted by /u/sleekonetwo
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else wish the ToD had campaign challenges?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 08:45 AM PST

    I would have liked a section of medals on the campaign. Or at least let campaign kills count for some of them (like kill 2,500 juvies.... I know I can do it during escape but I just don't want to). I'm trying to beat it on insane right now and it would have been nice to have some of this stuff count towards medals.

    submitted by /u/garbagehead13
    [link] [comments]

    Koth ring

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 06:22 PM PST

    Anyone else think that the time it takes to break a ring in koth is too much? Idk how it was in gears 4 but 1-3 if you stepped in an enemy controlled ring it was instantly broken. Gears 5 its about 2 seconds. Ive walked into the ring 3-4 steps and eaten a gnasher to find out the ring was never broken.

    submitted by /u/TroutStrangla
    [link] [comments]

    I honestly couldn't believe I pulled off this spree. The whole match I was basically a deity it felt like. Sorry for the lack of sound.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 03:55 PM PST

    Is ranked still broken because of the quitters?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 05:01 PM PST

    I was finding it wierd earlier at how the higher that rank I'm getting after the reset the easier the games seem to be getting.

    I was thinking that as there is no punishment for quitting at the moment, does that mean the bad players and the people who quit after dying once will end up being higher ranks because they only end up completing winning games.

    So the people who stick it to the end whether they win or lose end up stuck

    I could be completely wrong though

    submitted by /u/cyclopsgd
    [link] [comments]

    Quickest way I've found to get the 2500 Juvies medal, Escape Kills Medal, Keegan Kills Medal.

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 04:20 PM PST

    I figured most people either have this, already have a tactic or already used this one but I'm still seeing people on this sub ask for advice so here's mine:

    Escape mode. Host a solo game on The Mines. Beginner difficulty, run around the entirety of the first act (I usually go Right to left, right to left, etc) hitting all ammo rooms, killing all enemies, getting a boomshot to save for later. When you get to the safer rooms, go into the Left room, but come back out before hitting the button for an extra 10 or so Juvies that spawn.

    Run through Act 2 in any direction, when you hit the room with the 3 Imagos, go Left. Aim your boomshot towards the end of the mine area (Where the helipad is) and fire off your rounds at the enemies that spawn.

    Before leaving the area, if you have grenades plant one just in front of the reinforcement room and one just ahead of where you fired your boomshot at originally.

    If a Scion dropped a mulcher or dropshot you might as well make use of it when the doors closing.

    When you finish you can average at about 110 kills, my highest was 135. I think about 90 to 100 are usually Juvies.

    submitted by /u/KannibalxClown93
    [link] [comments]

    Shows ToD 1 but I'm never achieved this rank/banner. Curious if it's possibly for Op 2. Thoughts?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 04:03 AM PST

    Playing one shot one kill. What happened?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 07:54 PM PST

    What is up with Gears on a Saturday?

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 02:45 PM PST

    Seriously? Wtf us up with Gears on a Saturday night? Every time I play gears (KOTH) on a Saturday I'm teamed up with at least 2 people who appear to not be able to play the game. Yet I'm matched against a team of people who literally just eat shots and shit 'em back out at ya. I've finally been dragging myself out of the cesspit that is Silver1 & 2 this week. Did well last night and finally hit that top 10% and yet tonight, 3 games in and I'm back down to 55% cuz every game has been a laggy shit show and half my team are derps!

    I mean the last game I played, a guy on my team had 3 kills over 3 rounds... 3 kills. How? And why am I in the same rank as him?

    submitted by /u/xSadotsuin
    [link] [comments]

    Unpopular Opinion: The Ranking System Works, But...

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 01:08 PM PST

    It just sucks. People say the ranking system is broken. I think it's working just fine, but it's poorly designed. If you beat a team that has a lower team score (one team is supposed to be the underdog) then you barely if not at all get rewarded for it. Why am I not rewarded for winning? I get the fact that, let's say I'm playing TDM (eww) and my score is 4 elims and 12 deaths, then I do deserve to go down in rank points.

    HOWEVER, I do not deserve to go from Onyx 3 top 22% all the way to Onyx 2 top 55%. One bad game does not dictate overall skill.

    In another point, why does an enemy team member quitting effect my rank? Fuck that dude. His rank should be affected more than mine. If he quits that's his fault. I understand that a player quitting makes that team lose less points if they lose. That makes sense that if they're struggling more they should lose less. But if they have 3 people quit I'm hurt for it as well. The enemy team could quit and sabotage my rank if they want to be pricks about it.

    Also, here's some more food for thought. It's evident that this ranking system is determined by mostly score per minute. You play a round of Execution and only get 1 kill. Well, you're definitely not getting points for that round. (Went off topic)

    Let's say that an enemy quits in KOTH. You're losing points for that. On top of that, more people quit. You're losing even more points. But what else? You're capping all the hills and winning the round easily, but there's barely anyone to kill, you only cap the hill once each rotation because they're most likely not going to break it, you can't break the hill at all because they can't cap it, so now you're earning less points than before. So you're score per minute is fucked!

    The Coalition wants to please THE FUCKING LOSERS of the matches. Why!?!? The ones that should be rewarded are the winners, not the losers.

    submitted by /u/Gears_Chris
    [link] [comments]

    Currently losing a ranked king of the kill match because I won’t respawn. It’s just letting me spectate

    Posted: 23 Nov 2019 02:11 PM PST

    What not to do when playing as Leader on Guardian.

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 01:19 AM PST

    Did gears nerf the knive attack range?

    Posted: 24 Nov 2019 12:53 AM PST

    I hate to admit it but I was that guy who always used the knive to line up the kill shot with the gnasher and lately it seems like the range has been completely nerfed or diminished. It also dosent realign the aim like it used to. Anyone else feeling this way? I've been right on top of enemies swinging away with the knive and this past two days it has only given me about half of the hit markers I was getting....

    submitted by /u/WiscoPackerFan420
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment