• Breaking News

    Tuesday, October 22, 2019

    Gears of War | What's Up - October 21st - Halloween Approaches!

    Gears of War | What's Up - October 21st - Halloween Approaches!


    What's Up - October 21st - Halloween Approaches!

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 11:03 AM PDT

    The Gears5 multiplayer experience is brought to you by...

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 08:01 PM PDT

    My favorite Gears Meme

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 06:08 PM PDT

    Escalation in a nutshell

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:47 AM PDT

    Some things make me cry

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 02:05 PM PDT

    TC Developers toward the Gears fans giving them hate:

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 12:27 AM PDT

    Laugh through the pain

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 02:43 PM PDT

    When Gears of War 5 is your first gears game...

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:48 AM PDT

    Week 2041 of "Popular Demand"

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 04:14 PM PDT

    We were on the verge of greatness

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 11:31 AM PDT

    The volume during the intro cutscene to every escape mission needs to be cut in half

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:00 PM PDT

    RIP headphone users, that shit is obnoxious. It's SO much louder than everything else in the game, for absolutely no reason.

    submitted by /u/FataleOrendi
    [link] [comments]

    Why I'm stuck in Silver

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 11:41 PM PDT

    I enjoy playing as the cog soldier.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 04:02 AM PDT

    Tonight... my grind has ended! I'll be taking a LONG break from this game until things are tightened up a fair bit.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 06:22 PM PDT

    Scratch one grub!

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 04:04 AM PDT

    What ever happened to this type of swarm from gears 4 I didn't seen this one in gears 5.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 10:52 PM PDT

    Actual Service Updates In Game

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 06:50 PM PDT

    Kinda wish Coalition just went with a premium Battle Pass method for Gears 5

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 02:52 AM PDT

    Feel like that system would've worked better than both the loot boxes of yesterday and the current bullshit pricing of items in the store. Have the standard Tour of Duty and then for $10 (I'd even pay as high as $20 for it) a Operation, you get a Premium Tour of Duty where you can also get bonus items as you level up the standard one. All the things they've had in the store thus far transfer into a system like this and I would gladly pay for that and I'm sure a lot of others would too instead of say spending $16 on two fucking Halloween skins.

    submitted by /u/AlexSobecki
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 Halloween Update came early.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 05:53 PM PDT

    Gears 5 used Marcus just right (spoilers)

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 03:42 PM PDT

    So I was thinking about how Marcus has been used in the new trilogy, and when I thought about Gears of War 4 there was always a feeling of these new characters being overshadowed by Marcus. Because of this JD, Kait, and Del never got the chance to grow because Marcus was in, I'd say 70-80% of the game as an NPC.

    Jump to Gears 5 and Marcus is used just enough, he's an NPC in parts of Act I (where he's not with the player, but with Kait), heard only over radio in Act II, and isn't heard at all in Act III. This allowed TC to focus first on JD, which tied into the father/son dynamic that was set up in Gears of War 4 but not really expanded upon, and then on Kait starting in Act II. Marcus still plays a crucial role in the game, and his reaction to Del's death is fantastic, as I firmly believe Del's death will be canon.

    Marcus is no longer the one driving the story, the new generation is, but he's still there helping out just enough that he doesn't take the spotlight away from JD and Kait.

    submitted by /u/WarWolf343
    [link] [comments]

    Almost 2 months since release and this issue is still going on

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 07:02 PM PDT

    Has TC responded about potentially changing ranked Versus so that the aim assist is on “competitive” tuning for ALL game modes (KOTH,TDM, Etc.) instead of “core” tuning?

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 11:52 PM PDT

    Title. Just looking to see if they would change it. I play mostly KOTH and getting killed by heat seeking gnasher bullets is beginning to drive me crazy.

    I'm considering just quitting until they decide to change it.

    Does anyone know if there has been any communication from TC about this issue?

    submitted by /u/MeatMayosJr
    [link] [comments]

    I just played my 7th Horde on Master where I was error coded at the end, 8 weeks after release. Gears is one of Microsoft's 3 biggest exclusive franchises. This is unacceptable.

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 04:48 AM PDT

    English isn't my first language, please forgive me if I make mistakes.

    I know there has been a lot of criticism in these pages, and for good reason, but the number of bugs still in the game is completely unacceptable. One of the 3 biggest exclusive franchises backed by Microsoft (with Forza and Halo), and MS allowed such a cult classic AAA game, one of their flagships, to be released in this state? And to still be in said state nearly 8 weeks after release?

    I've been error coded (me and my entire team) out of 6 Hordes on Master and 1 on Insane, plus 3 Escapes. Now, you do get the cards after a reboot, but since the game stops tracking your progress and EXP very early on, you only get credit for that and nothing after. Yesterday and today, 2 Hordes on Master, I've taken 2 account levels and my COG Gear has gone from 1 to 4. 6 hours of playtime down the drain for 5 people. 7th time this happened.

    I hope, I pray to God that someone from Microsoft went to a TC executive and said "Listen, you're making us look bad, you have a month to fix all of it or you're fired". If I can't fix a mistake I've made in my job, I'm gone. Period. It's like that for most people. Especially when you get 2 months to fix said mistake. Instead we get Rod Fergusson liking toxic tweets from vacation. Again, where I work, if I botch the job, I'm called back, night or day, and I have to fix what I did wrong. No vacation for me, or it's a permanent one. What is this, Anthem?

    We get zero communication from community managers, and the newsletter only provides us with general information, some not even accurate. The roadmap is literally a Powerpoint slide, for God's sake. Close to 8 weeks and the game is still riddled with, quite literally, game-breaking bugs. 2 days ago I was also doing the Insane campaign with my best friend, we got a checkpoint as we were falling through the map, surrounded by white, and had to restart the Chapter. Just like during Early access.

    You are ruining one of the greatest franchises of all time. I don't care about micro-transactions, I don't care that there could be hundreds of weapon skins and dozens of character skins already, I don't care that there are leaderboard or matchmaking issues and 50 other things. I care that I can do one Horde a day, at night with my friends, and that you've made us lose over 20 hours of rewards and are keeping silent about it. You need to talk to us. You need to have your community managers answer questions instead of burying their head in the sand, and you need to give us a real roadmap with detailed patch notes and ETAs for future fixes.

    I'm one of your biggest fans but I'm done with playing until those game breaking glitches are fixed, and so is my entire group of friends. Stop prioritizing minor issues and nerfing characters and fix the important things. Empty heavy weapons still disappear from Weapon lockers, we get error coded but hey, at least you've nerfed Mac's bleed damage to the ground and made it so Matriarchs can't be bled from the front anymore. I'm glad you got your priorities straight.

    Last word, quick tip for everyone. If you wanna "prevent" the error code problem, keep looking at your account level every 5 waves or so on the results screen (that should only be displayed every 10 waves IMO). If it stops going up, if you don't see it going up in 10 waves or something, you can quit out, you're just wasting your time. We literally only just figured this out this morning, because we're dumb. One thing we're not though, is lazy and unprofessional.

    Fix your game, and once again, I pray someone from Microsoft gives you the biggest and harshest speech of your life, because you obviously need it.

    submitted by /u/OldSwan
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone have a picture from the Terminator Horde event rewards?

    Posted: 22 Oct 2019 02:39 AM PDT

    I would like to know the Marker reward which you get if you complete all 3 event medals. I'm halway through the 2000 eliminations and if the rewards looks shite then im not even gonna bother.

    You get a banner (which you can already see at the medals tab), a bloodspray and a marker.

    submitted by /u/M4RHUN
    [link] [comments]

    Concept Art / Inspired by Gears of War

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 05:04 PM PDT

    Shit. Here we go again

    Posted: 21 Oct 2019 02:50 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment