• Breaking News

    Thursday, July 1, 2021

    Gears of War | This Week In Gears - 28 June 2021

    Gears of War | This Week In Gears - 28 June 2021


    This Week In Gears - 28 June 2021

    Posted: 28 Jun 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    Operation 7 Drop 2 Launch MegaThread (timing, updates, bugs, questions)

    Posted: 29 Jun 2021 06:08 AM PDT

    Whenever a new TU comes out we get a TON of threads asking the same questions or discussing connection issues. In an attempt to reduce that a bit, I wanted to pull together some information to a megathread.

    .

    Op7 D2 Info:

    Blog Posts:

    Release Time:

    • Title Update launches at 10:00am PDT (1pm eastern, 5pm GMT)
    • New Content launches at 12:00 PDT (3pm eastern, 7pm GMT)

    .

    Bugs/Issues:

    I'll try to keep a running list of some of the larger commonly reported issues/bugs

    Bugs:

    • None (yet) - let's hope it stays that way :p

    Connection Issues:

    Whenever a new TU goes out, the servers always get slammed. Please be patient. It may take longer to find matches, as many people haven't finished downloading the update yet. In addition, the servers are working double-time to service everyone.

    If you're having connection issues or issues finding a match, please avoid playing "competitive". You may get booted due to server issues and my incur a penalty for "quitting". Just play some PvE or Quickmatch until everything stabilizes.

    Missing Content:

    Occasionally when the servers are having issues, you may noticed some purchases not going through or something missing. Just report it at support.gearsofwar.com, but give it some time. It will probably show up in a bit.

    submitted by /u/BChaps
    [link] [comments]

    True as

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 04:59 AM PDT

    Its true

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 11:17 PM PDT

    2x xp this weekend?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 10:03 AM PDT

    Get CLAPPED!

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 12:21 AM PDT

    So, playing around with the Freezing modifier in a private lobby, I noticed this with the Lancer GL... Totally would love to see this as a cosmetic thing or something! [Fyi: Look at the bullet trails]

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 04:04 AM PDT

    My partner truly came in clutch

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 06:55 AM PDT

    I could cry, where i live it is very hard (almost impossible) to find Gears of War items. My parents (who know nothing of gaming but know i love Gears of War) sent me this beauty in the mail. Turns out they asked my siblings what i would like for my 20th birthday.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 06:01 AM PDT

    Does anyone else feel like we need a randomize option for executions?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 07:31 PM PDT

    I don't know if anyone else has brought this up, but I personally would love to see this within the options. Gears has always had awesome executions and this small change would enhance the experience. They have spent some time doing executions and it feels like they've abandoned this as time went on. Why not show off all of them to break up the monotony?

    submitted by /u/TheCptRico
    [link] [comments]

    I haven't seen this bug since Gears of War 2

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 02:46 AM PDT

    Cursed Image

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 12:57 PM PDT

    Prescott now makes dying noises after the update. Not sure if it’s borrowed from another character after what they did to young Captain Hoffman.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 05:04 PM PDT

    Does anyone else get serious Batman vibes from Gears 1?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 04:55 PM PDT

    • Rich boy who grew up in a mansion loses his parent(s) (it certainly seems like when it was just Gears 1, Adam was dead, and I haven't read the books, but I'd assume his mother's disappearance was due to Locust?) and becomes a dark, brooding, badass who fights the monsters that took his father from him. And as a side note to this, Adam's secret room under the mansion seems a bit Bat Cave'y.

    • Marcus, like Bruce, fights with both is body and his brain. Strategy, tactics, and approach are just as important to him as a good solid hit. Not to mention the fact that they both go into battle using black/grey armor, and utilize various technology and tools to get the job done.

    • The APC design seems very Batmobile, especially the Nolan version (which would check out since Batman Begins came out a year before Gears').

    • The Kryll, although being an obvious allusion to the creatures in Pitch Black, also look, behave, and sound like bats. I'm fairly certain that in Act 3, while traveling through the mines, they even make straight up bat noises.

    • Then there's Train Ride To Hell which at around the 1:30 mark gives me a similar feeling to some stuff from Batman TAS. I think it feels like a sort of mix between tragedy/loss and heroism.

    I know there are tons of things that went into influencing the look and feel of Gears, but, it's just something I noticed.

    submitted by /u/Fly_By_Orchestra
    [link] [comments]

    Would be nice to have the ability to select the characters we want AI teammates to use in Custom/Private Horde

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 09:47 AM PDT

    The title pretty much says it all. I did a full 1-50 match on Mercy yesterday and was thinking to myself, "This would be a lot more fun and interesting if I had all of the other Carmines here instead of the default COG Gears", since I personally use Anthony Carmine. Having the ability to choose which characters that the AI teammates would use in Horde would be a really fun addition that would add some more variety to the mode, depending on what characters you would want them to use.

    For instance, how cool would it be to have a Horde match as Marcus with your AI teammates being all of the other members of the OG Delta Squad? Or making it something wacky like an all DeeBee group? Or there could also be an option to have the characters they use be completely randomized like they plan to do with Versus as well!

    Horde has been really fun with all of the additions and changes they've made and still plan to make, but having the AI teammates in Custom/Private Horde always be the default COG Gears can be a little redundant, so this feature would be a really nice addition that would make Horde that much better and more enjoyable.

    submitted by /u/JackDoesAThing
    [link] [comments]

    Give the Museum security a raise

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 10:33 AM PDT

    July 2X XP question with boost.

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 04:01 AM PDT

    What amnt of Xp will we receive with boost activated on an XP event?

    So for example if it's 2X xp will we receive 4X? 3.5? Or nothing at all?

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/stunkcajyzarc
    [link] [comments]

    horde friends

    Posted: 01 Jul 2021 03:53 AM PDT

    I've been burnt out of verses and have been playing a lot of horde again this season, was wondering if anyone else does and wants to play casually or serious it doesn't matter just be chill about things. I don't have anyone who plays gears anymore and I'd much rather play with the same people than randoms

    submitted by /u/jkyuni
    [link] [comments]

    Killing Scions on Inconceivable.

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 04:00 PM PDT

    So I have run into a problem. Whenever I play a match of inconceivable, I find that the scions and enemy DR-1 keep melting my team. What classes would everyone agree is the best choice for killing these fat fucks?

    submitted by /u/thot_chocolate420
    [link] [comments]

    Anchor Class

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 08:00 PM PDT

    The Anchor class is a good class for people that like boltoks and grenades; When you max out your ammo regen, you get unlimited grenades, your boltok does bleed damage on active reload, and you can pick up extra health with a card. Also the shield for it is invincible to everything except melee but the shield can bite back with a damage card, it also lets you stay in the open and line up critical shots with attached bleed damage, with the active reload you can kill a warden with 6 shots.

    submitted by /u/thot_chocolate420
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 bad stuttering and fps drops

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 09:45 PM PDT

    Recently bought the game to play with a friend to go through the campaign and other content later on. My fps is only ranging from the 25/35 fps range and dips below 10 in the menu. I have put my setting and the lowest and highest possible but still get horrendous stutters. I have seen other people have this problem as well in a more outdated stance or fix (when the game was launched).

    Does anyone else still have this problem or has found a current fix? Any help is appreciated.

    Computer SPECS:

    Ryzen 7 2700x

    msi b450m pro

    GTX 1660 SUPER

    750w EVGA G3 PSU

    M.2 WD Black 500gb

    submitted by /u/tip_yip
    [link] [comments]

    Will having played Judgment make me enjoy 4 & 5 more?

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 11:57 AM PDT

    I played Gears 1 and 2 back when they first came out, but then kind of fell out of the franchise. A while back I started playing Gears 5, but after about an hour or so I felt like I was doing myself a disservice to not catch up on the story. So I replayed 1 and 2, and am almost done with my first ever playthrough of 3.

    I'm kinda itching to move onto 4, with all the upgrades of a new console generation (although 3 was quite an upgrade from 1 and 2) but was wondering if maybe I'd best play Judgment first.

    So, back to the question asked in the topic: Will I enjoy 4 and 5 more if I've played Judgment first? I guess I'm primarily talking about the story here...

    Thanks for any insights.

    submitted by /u/Hobberest
    [link] [comments]

    Lmao

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 08:07 AM PDT

    Brand new

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 04:43 PM PDT

    So I've been stuck in Fortnite world (10 and 11 year old step kiddos) for a few years now. They begged me for a gaming computer and I finally gave in. Just purchased Gears 5 on the Steam sale and I'm ready to play my own games.

    So what do I need to know about Gears online? I see there is a new Operation. Is this similar to a battle pass? Are skins earned, purchased or both? Thanks for your help!

    submitted by /u/ericpod3
    [link] [comments]

    Main Menu Character - change at will, no need to play hoping for faction change

    Posted: 30 Jun 2021 02:41 PM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment