• Breaking News

    Monday, January 25, 2021

    Gears of War | I can’t be the only one.

    Gears of War | I can’t be the only one.


    I can’t be the only one.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 01:04 PM PST

    Popular opinion: Gears 5 is good, but TC/Microsoft consistently make errors that make the user experience frustrating. This includes poor servers, untimely support, bugs with (just about) every update, as well as other issues.

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 11:26 AM PST

    The problem isn't necessarily the game, as a whole. It's the way things are done.

    To me, the most gregarious flaw is the lack of feedback/action on people being double-punished for unintentional disconnects. It's unacceptable, and if the issue is budget related (as many of the issues might be), clearly, that is not TC's fault. In addition, if budget issues are the cause, TC can't speak out on that, either.

    If they added an option to quit like three ranked matches per season, penalty free, that would really help, I think. It would significantly curb the frustration of unintentional disconnects, while still holding quitters accountable.

    Other issues I see a lot of people upset about include: - Inconsistent Gnasher

    • Poor matchmaking

    • Poor and/or inconsistent communication

    • Frequent bugs after updates

    • The time it takes to receive help from a support ticket

    • Ignoring fan requests for paid content (Black Steel, etc.)

    I'm sure I'm forgetting some, too.

    I just want to reiterate that Gears 5 is awesome, and TC does many things very well (I would quit if I had to deal with such a divided fanbase, honestly); it could be even better, though, if some of the frequently-complained about problems and requests were fixed.

    submitted by /u/cmchaunce
    [link] [comments]

    kaits face when you do an emote:

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 04:31 PM PST

    same coin different sides

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 07:00 PM PST

    Carmine is a bootleg toy salesman

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:15 AM PST

    Over halfway through the game and I still can’t believe how well optimised it is (Xbox Series S)

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 04:22 PM PST

    Me in Any match at all

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 05:42 PM PST

    AVGN kills Anthony Carmine

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 12:52 AM PST

    Best way to play the series?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:24 AM PST

    It's been years since I played the whole series and I've been itching to get back into it. Started gears 1 on my original Xbox 360 and its chugging and lagging a lot more than I remember. I'm not sure if its optimization or my console causing it to drop below 30fps, but its already caused some deaths. I don't own a newer Xbox series X or Xbox One but do they run these games better on them? I tried the remake of gears 1 on PC but it didn't run particularly well.

    submitted by /u/SmolPoyo
    [link] [comments]

    What's your main?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 01:21 AM PST

    Hollow Storm Clayton

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 11:45 PM PST

    The hollow storm skin for Clayton bears a resemblance to armoured Dom. In the opening cutscene of Gears 2 there is a soldier marching who has Dom's body but a Carmine helmet. Am I the only one thinking this skin is a callback to that?

    submitted by /u/Operation_Timberwolf
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 6: Endgame

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:48 PM PST

    After the Kraken was defeated at the end of Gears 5, it's pretty clear the Swarm War isn't going well for the COG. The Swarm has their Queen meaning their Hivemind is stronger than ever and New Ephyra is in (near) ruins. The COG is going to have to give it their all to win the war. With Gears 6 most likely being the finale of the series as we know it, I'm hoping TC brings everyone and anyone we've come to know over the years back into the fray for one last fight. I'm talking Jace putting his movie on hold and picking up a Lancer, Dizzy coming out of retirement with help from his daughters, Sam actually being a part of the team and not relegated to a tertiary character for some reason, Sofia coming back from the "dead" and surprising Baird Paduk and Cole, Alex Brand rejoining Delta one last time, Hoffman outfitting his wheelchair with a Mulcher, Griffen forcing the Swarm to make him a sandwich (I think you get the picture). Essentially, Smash Ultimate (everyone is here!) mixed with the Avengers. Without an Adam Fenix deus ex machina machine and the HoD system (possibly) out of commission, the Swarm War is going to have to come down to soldiers on the ground taking the fight to Queen Reyna and who better to do that than the Gears who fought the UIR, Locust and Lambent and lived to tell the tale.

    tldr version: Add everyone to Gears 6 please

    submitted by /u/MarchMyMinions
    [link] [comments]

    So close to the Quint

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 08:12 PM PST

    Boltok is so fun!

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 02:36 PM PST

    Finnaly! First time ever playing Gears competitive

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 01:13 PM PST

    I really wish they'd pull an unlikely resurrection move in the story of 6 vs yet another death for shock value

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 12:20 PM PST

    It honestly lost the appeal if it ever had it to begin with around game 3. Why repeat it, with increasing numbers?

    Introduce characters just to have them killed off in the next game or even the same one with no discernible purpose other than remind the player 'this is war', which is ofc obvious.

    It's not a discussion if Del or JD live; why not both?

    As much as it drew parallels between Marcus losing Carlos AND Dom, I'd rather much he didn't have to lose a son; and JD and Del wouldn't have to lose a brother/best friend.

    The 'Carmine curse' is obvious. But hell, 5 had 3 memorable deaths - Oscar included.

    Overall, for someone who cares about the story/campaign: pull something more original than killing characters off since at this rate there ain't gonna be any left.

    And to part with words of wisdom from the late Sir Terry Pratchett that fit tremendously well in this situation:

    "Why does the third of the three brothers, who shares his food with the old woman in the wood, go on to become king of the country? Why does James Bond manage to disarm the nuclear bomb a few seconds before it goes off rather than, as it were, a few seconds afterwards? Because a universe where that did not happen would be a dark and hostile place. Let there be goblin hordes, let there be terrible environmental threats, let there be giant mutated slugs if you really must, but let there also be hope. It may be a grim, thin hope, an Arthurian sword at sunset, but let us know that we do not live in vain."
    — Terry Pratchett, "Let There Be Dragons" (A Slip of the Keyboard)

    submitted by /u/joe_vanek
    [link] [comments]

    PC users what are your mouse settings?

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:22 AM PST

    Just like the title said. I'm curious what you're mouse settings are. I have mouse smoothing off since idk what the in the hell it does and I'm not too sure about player and zoom sensitivity. Is player sensitivity regular camera and ADS? Does zoom sensitivity mean only when I zoom with the long shot?

    Edit: I should also add that I am talking about Gears 5

    submitted by /u/mortalcelestial
    [link] [comments]

    As a PC (KBM) player, which Gears is more populated to jump on and play anytime - UK

    Posted: 25 Jan 2021 04:19 AM PST

    Favourite GOW

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 03:49 PM PST

    Vote for your fav GOW out of the options provided. (Ignore the "day" 🤦‍♂️)

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/SkilledExP
    [link] [comments]

    So how many more Operations you guys think are going to be in Gears 5?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 04:32 PM PST

    My guess is we'll have 2 more Ops. One from Mar till the June and the last one from June till Sept which brings us to the 2 year mark. That will be 10 More Maps (old + New ones) and a bunch of new characters. I think after that TC will go into maintenance mode for the rest of Gears 5 lifespan. We'll still get new stuff in the store and maybe they'll work on more Hives at that point but i think 2 more Ops at the most we'll get.

    submitted by /u/Superflyt56
    [link] [comments]

    What are everyone's thoughts and opinions on Judgement?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 12:37 PM PST

    I'll start this by saying that I'm not ultra-familiar with the Gears franchise. I played the games when I was younger (I actually got most of them free from my Xbox Live Gold subscription) and have been recently getting back into them. As such, I don't have the most informed opinions on the games or the overall lore of the franchise.

    Also, I've never played the multiplayer modes, only the campaigns.

    That all being said. What are everyone's opinions on Judgement? I'm genuinely curious to know everyone's thoughts. Maybe you love it, maybe you hate it... maybe you're somewhere in-between like I am.

    My personal opinion is this: the game is kind of meh, not in a bad way, it just doesn't hold a candle to the rest of the franchise. I dislike the changes to the combat formula (only two weapons) but I actually quite like the declassified missions.

    The overall story didn't capture my attention that much and it felt surprisingly short. However, I really liked the setting of Halvo Bay and I think that the developers really captured the post E-day chaos well. The UIR weapons are really fun to use, particularly the Markza sniper.

    What are everyone else's thoughts on Judgement? Like I mentioned above, I'm sort of a layman when it comes to Gears of War as a franchise, so my "take" is fairly simplistic.

    submitted by /u/Erectusretractus
    [link] [comments]

    Why do you think Gears Pop! Failed?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 07:58 PM PST

    I would like to hear the communities ideas on why they think this mobile game failed.

    submitted by /u/Gamesums
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else notice the COG logo on Kait's water bottle thing

    Posted: 24 Jan 2021 01:08 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment