• Breaking News

    Tuesday, January 19, 2021

    Gears of War | Gears 5 | This week in Gears: January 19 – 25

    Gears of War | Gears 5 | This week in Gears: January 19 – 25


    Gears 5 | This week in Gears: January 19 – 25

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:22 AM PST

    Thought this belonged here

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:32 AM PST

    Most of my Gears collection

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 01:05 PM PST

    My old Gears of War wallet. Had this for over ten years now. Someone posted a pic of a wallet they done up with a painting of Marcus and thought i'd share own Gears wallet.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:12 AM PST

    Grinded Gold 1 to Onyx 1 tonight and here are more personal thoughts on the game (solo player)

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 01:40 AM PST

    I am bored out of my mind with everything else so I decided "screw it, let's play some gears 5 until my head explodes".

    1. Sometimes it feels like a player in the match is just immune to your bullets/has priority over you. In a few matches I'd have no problem killing other players but then one player would just seem to have bullet priority. I'd shoot him, see my gnasher bullets go out, and within that same time he kills me. I look at the death recap and I did 0% damage and my bullets are no where to be seen on the wall. Easily the most annoying thing so I just avoid that player and focus on the other 3. Thing to note is that in all scenarios the player was 5-8 pinger higer than me (I was 48-52ish ping, they were 52-58 ping).

    2. The game is dreadful when you get a quitter and the game is 3v4. Lost a game where we were about 40 points from winning and the other guy just leaves. Should be able to just quit the game instead of having to play the rest of the match (which can easily drag on for 10-20 more minutes) at an unfair advantage. You are given 2 choices, either just afk and take the L and lose a ton of points (at no fault of your own), or play and 99% of the time lose just so you can gain points but get incredibly annoyed that you even have to play this game just to retain points. I play for a high quality match, not for rank (quick play doesn't offer this due to constant leavers each match).

    3. To add to this, instead of a leaver, in my very first ranked match I got someone who literally joined, afk'd the whole match, and was clearly there as they were moving/taking cover and just doing probably 5 actions every 3 minutes. What a terrible experience for me for my 1st game. Not sure what I was supposed to do there, as I don't think you can even report the person for it. TC is lucky that I was bored out of my mind or else I would've said "welp, that's gears 5 for ya" and stopped right there.

    4. Lancer feels like a support weapon now, which is good. Hammerburst felt a bit underwhelming and I didn't get to try the retro that much optimally. I've seen a lot of people down still very quick with it though on streams, so undecided. Boltok also feels really good to use still, but just not as oppressive. 2 shots at mid range for an easy headshot is nice. The nerfs weren't as bad as people think they were as the movement is slower, thus all precision weapons have a easier time landing shots.

    5. Minor thing but tbh this game really needs a emote mute button. If you mute someone it means you don't want to hear them at all. League of Legends/Hearthstone and probably other games all have ways to mute emotes as people can misuse them and just spam them constantly the whole game. The only times people were using them in my games was when I had a leaver (so 4 games) or my team was absolute dog. Just shows TC doesn't exactly look at other games, as they were unaware a game like CSGO was even a thing still.

    6. Bonus thought but maybe put a 2nd-3rd-4th place GP bonus for players, even if small (100-50-25?) as it's often quite daft that you are mvp for the whole game and then the match ends and you see that despite you having 80-90 eliminations, the player with 40-50 elims got MVP and the juicy GP bonus. A lot of the times it isn't optimal for everyone to go into the hill and Cap, thus this happens. Rewarding others would just make people less annoyed at this system.

    Besides that the game plays out exactly how you'd expect. Same old gears. So nothing else worthy to note really that you haven't heard.

    Also games were KOTH and I'm on PC with a controller.

    submitted by /u/ghfhfhhhfg9
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 HIVEBUSTERS Xbox Series X - 4K 60fps Let's Play

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 04:07 AM PST

    Mexicans

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 05:15 PM PST

    Why are there so many Mexicans in the gears community? What made it such a big hit within the Mexican community? Sorry if this seem like a complaint that's not my intention. I'm genuinely curious as to why it's so appealing

    submitted by /u/Unholyzen
    [link] [comments]

    I love the pop

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:51 PM PST

    Why did Kait not get arrested for denying government orders?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 08:24 PM PST

    If I remember correctly, Marcus was put in prison for going to save his father and putting the COG's orders aside. So how come nothing happened to Kait after disappearing? Sorry if I forget a crucial detail

    submitted by /u/inferno986
    [link] [comments]

    Sweet little 1vs2.

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:21 AM PST

    Question for the season rewards

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 11:06 PM PST

    So whatever rank your placed in at the end of the season is what reward you earn? i keep falling out of diamond but ive reached it

    submitted by /u/wockst6r
    [link] [comments]

    My best win of FFA from last year. I used to enjoy lazily running around in FFA, but with the most recent Operation, my hit percentage is either 99% or 8% and my K/D is 0.5 I am excited for the return of 14 FFA

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 11:03 PM PST

    Who likes this new/current Tuning

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 07:45 PM PST

    Long story short I hate it. I spent most of my time on the forums and never really been on here that much. It's mostly hated on the forums and a good amount of people on Twitter hate it as well. What do u guys over here on Reddit think?

    PS. Use your own opinions and don't just repeat what your favorite pro player said

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Squidyfuckabitch
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 4..roll responsiveness question.

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 03:55 AM PST

    I finally got into gears 4 and 5 after getting a series S. I love it.

    Is there a way though to make it so that when I press A button, the character dive rolls immediately, rather than kinda after it is released?

    I found an old fix that changed control scheme but that doesn't seem to work anymore. It isn't input lag, am I missing something? I went back to older Gears and they work fine.

    Furthermore, the roll / cover seems to need a second to recharge before using again right? Again older Gears didn't have this?

    submitted by /u/bowtrooper
    [link] [comments]

    Things that happen in Gears 5 muliplayer that keep me awake at night

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 03:51 AM PST

    Without connection issues at all, on a wired connection on an original xbone, I experience all these at least daily since op 3:

    I come out of roadie run before the enemy and obviously shoot before the enemy has, but the enemy instantly stops and gets their shot off first.

    I get in a 1v1 with an enemy. I shoot first, they then shoot after me. I then go to shoot again immediately and the enemy gets their second shot off before mine even though they should not be able to.

    My back A comes out 1 second later than I have pulled the trigger, making me look like a moron. (not talking about an air back A, doesn't happen with every back A, but happens just enough to be a real problem)

    I get 99% when I am closer to the enemy. They proceed to gib me as I'm sliding/moving away from them, even though I am now a greater distance away from them and out of gib range.

    An enemy is shot by a teammate, their character is grunting sounding hurt, I am close, immediately get into gib range and 99% them and they don't even go down.

    Enemies not touching any walls, getting continuously shot at (with shots hitting), somehow have recovered full health in an instant.

    People hipfire headshotting with the longshot when it appears to be pointed directly at the ground or feet (exception would be to someone that rolls and gets super'd). They don't even pull up their aim as they shoot. The bullet trail always leads into the floor. I assume on their screen it's not like that, but on everyone else's it is and that is not okay.

    Footstep sounds being a gamble. How close are they really? By the time I hear them, they're too close and it's too late to react. Sometimes they sound like they're to the right when they're on the left, etc.

    I get hurt, wait and my screen no longer shows any red at all, and I don't realize I am still ~10% or so hurt. Why is it like this? If I'm still hurt, it should still show I am hurt. The visual indicator is so off. I always get 1 shot downed thinking I've fully healed after waiting 20 seconds on a cover without being shot. Other people touch cover for the blink of an eye and they're ready to eat up a 99%.

    This game just seems like it keeps getting worse all the time. Every time I think TC has fixed it or at least improved it, all these problems just seem to pop up again. It's so frustrating, and I'm so disappointed as a long time fan of the series, especially the multiplayer aspect.

    submitted by /u/aofk
    [link] [comments]

    Am I the only one who’s friends quit playing gears due to guardian being deranked and ranked party limits lol

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 08:14 PM PST

    Gears is my favorite game of all time and I understand why guardian got pulled from ranked but the spawn swapping in the social version is so damn frustrating....and does anyone know if the party cap for TDM will ever go up? KOTH is just way to sweaty for me sometimes 😂

    submitted by /u/SplitRoast
    [link] [comments]

    Old gears keyrings i found in my loft i got from game in 2007, when i was 8

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 03:17 AM PST

    The new re-up changes

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 09:05 PM PST

    So, when they're gonna to drop these changes? They said that the re-up rewards was going to change at the beginning of this operation and we're at the week 10 and nothing. I'm at re-up 25 and wanna grab the new rewards that we saw on those leaked skins like the Heroic characters and ascendant weapons.

    submitted by /u/leandrozx17
    [link] [comments]

    Saw this and thought it was perfect here too

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 02:58 AM PST

    Best xp farm?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 02:48 PM PST

    Is surge speed run still the best xp farm to het characters to lvl 20? I feel like it's going slower then before. I have so many classes at 18 and it's becoming a real boredom to get them to 20.

    submitted by /u/Kinkz_nl
    [link] [comments]

    Gears UE

    Posted: 19 Jan 2021 02:24 AM PST

    Does anyone play this game anymore? and if so what is the most populated mode?

    submitted by /u/JackTheNecrophiliac
    [link] [comments]

    The caliber of Gears players

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 06:39 PM PST

    Teamwork 101: The Pinch

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 10:44 AM PST

    TC: “no you’re not a Masters at all. ” But also TC:

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 05:54 PM PST

    Anyone feel like dipping back into Gears 4?

    Posted: 18 Jan 2021 04:24 PM PST

    I'm currently after a few achievements related to Gears4, primarily the horde ones as a Soldier/Insane/No Deaths.

    Anyone completed these and would like to reinstall to help me out? My gamer tag is THEpaynexkiller. Cheers.

    submitted by /u/paynexkillerYT
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment