• Breaking News

    Thursday, January 7, 2021

    Gears of War | Betting he regretted that emote

    Gears of War | Betting he regretted that emote


    Betting he regretted that emote

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:20 PM PST

    2021

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:08 AM PST

    Here's another lame 2021 meme

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 02:38 AM PST

    I 3D printed a 220mm tall Berserker!

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:43 PM PST

    Gabe Concept Model

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:30 AM PST

    I hit legend 100 today. Just kind of wondering where everyone is at. Been playing every day since the tour started. Don't have any friends who play as much as I do.

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:06 AM PST

    Gears of War Ultimate Edition: the first Xbox exclusive this girl's played. A little dot-point review, I suppose?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 02:35 PM PST

    So I am lucky enough to have just gotten the Series X, having never owned an Xbox or played any of their games, I have been looking at a lot of 'best of' lists on Game Pass, and the new Gears with Kait looked amazing to me. So, I thought I'd start from the beginning! [I'm still most excited for the 5th game, it looks so pretty!]

    • How you play: I love the over-the-shoulder play-style. My favourite game of the last generation was Control, so this is immediately amazing to see another game follow that style. I feel more a part of the environment and that the character is me than if I do in FPV, this way. I'm pretty little IRL, so being able to play as men who look like Communist-Era-Bus-Stations is a lovely change for me. Despite everyone's overly large necks. I mean, did anyone explain why they designed humans to look like this?
    • The environment: scary, dark, depressing, forbidding, gritty, dusty and blowupable. No shock, it's perfection. I kinda like my world a little dark, so this felt lovely to me. But some of the enemies are downright terrifying. I started playing this in the dark on my big TV with headphones. It didn't take me long to turn on the lights!

    • The story: I wasn't expecting this to be so....heartfelt? Sincere? They package this to be very adrenaline-jock-ish, but paying attention, I actually felt for each character. It's like walking into a whitegoods store, and finding out you feel for each gigantic fridge. I know that's an odd description, but it felt real for me.

    • How many times I died: I lost count. More than anyone would imagine. So so much blood-soaked-screens for this girl.

    • Violence: dear Lord is this violent. Not usually my cup of tea, but by the end I was grinning in a blood-soaked frenzy of gore and viscera that I'd be screaming away from faster than Lightening McQueen before starting this. Chainsaws + guns = me up at 3AM still playing, sweating and gritting my teeth. If it concerns you to know I was looking at my chainsaw in my garage after completion in contemplation, you will be in good company. It worried me too.

    • End rating: 5/7 refrigerators. Good ones, too.

    A terrible mini review, but I had sooooo much fun. I can't wait to play the second!

    x

    submitted by /u/cupofkusanagi
    [link] [comments]

    Are you even allowed to finish a KOTH game without at least one quitter?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:47 PM PST

    Serious question.

    Came back to Gears after a ~3 month long hiatus so I can play some River/Gridlock and literally every. Single. Game. At least one quitter.

    Is there a reason we can't at least get bots? Because I'm at the point where I just put my controller down and fuck around on my phone until the game is over, since apparently a forfeit button is too hard.

    submitted by /u/CAPSCAPSCAPS182
    [link] [comments]

    Without being rude/cocky jerks, what are some useful multiplayer tips from veterans?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:05 PM PST

    without the typical "gitgud" BS, what are some helpful tips for online versus play?

    submitted by /u/ProNasty47
    [link] [comments]

    Flash Grenades are still the dumbest idea brought to Geara 5

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:11 PM PST

    Who ever green lit the idea should be fired. Its just a flash fest in ranked, especially KOTH.

    At least with smokes you had to land them right on their feet or you used them to obscure vision, with flash grenades you just throw them over and over again.

    Can't win a fight, throw a flash! Can't flank, throw a flash! Can't push, throw a flash! Someone just waiting for a power weapon throw a flash! Have a flash, throw a flash!

    submitted by /u/thefoxygrandma
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 still alive?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 09:52 PM PST

    hope your all having a nice night, i played a few if the gears campaigns but feel like i didnt play multiplayer enough, just getting into gears 5 multiplayer now and was wondering if its people are still actively playing? And are most people on ranked or quick play?

    submitted by /u/zalan7
    [link] [comments]

    Ranked KOTH

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:01 PM PST

    Old school Gears player here. I would play a lot of Gears 1 execution back in the day and Gears 2 guardian. I'm not unfamiliar with Gears 5. I usually play escape or horde. When I do run versus, it's quickplay. I reached competitive Gears fatigue around Gears 4.

    Anyway, I am trying to earn the gold rank gold skins for this season (mostly because gamestop cheated me out of my gold lancer for Gears 2 back in 08). How does ranking work? I'm in bronze 2 right now after playing a couple matches. Is ranked still as unbearable as folks found it last September? Is it damn near impossible to rank up? What can I expect in-game? And will I go down a rank if I lose any games?

    Thanks for any insight!

    Edit: I chose KOTH primarily because it is the gametype i'm most comfortable with (and because it's as close to perfect when it comes to Gears modes besides execution). I miss Gridiron and wish that were an option.

    submitted by /u/TICfatal
    [link] [comments]

    Quitters

    Posted: 07 Jan 2021 12:09 AM PST

    What has happened to the community?? It's near impossible to run a horde or escape now bc everyone just leaves before the rounds starts or if you die once?? Why even join then if your going to do that?

    submitted by /u/Ephxmeral2
    [link] [comments]

    Would you rather?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:41 PM PST

    What on Earth happened to this guy?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:03 AM PST

    Blademaster / Lahni Class Skill Cards Tutorial - Gears 5 Horde & Escape

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 08:03 PM PST

    When does the next season start

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 11:57 PM PST

    Does anyone know when the next season starts

    submitted by /u/Chlor04rm_
    [link] [comments]

    I know these posts happened a lot when HiveBusters dropped. But this game really, really is beautiful. To discuss, who did you choose at the end of the main campaign? And why?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:48 PM PST

    Joining Horde late

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 07:27 PM PST

    If you join a Horde game after lobby, say round 2 or even round 1 for example, do you get 1 less skill card? Do you have to play all 5 waves including the ones leading up to the bosses/minibosses to get a skill card for those waves?

    submitted by /u/Kevybaby
    [link] [comments]

    Wish me luck

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 03:32 PM PST

    Starting up Gears 3 campaign on Insane

    submitted by /u/Robbytox
    [link] [comments]

    Friendly fire in koth quick play?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:01 AM PST

    what skin should I get once I have 2000 coins

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 05:48 PM PST

    I can't make choices

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/EEEwastaken
    [link] [comments]

    Locust name reference?

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 10:41 PM PST

    Greetings, I was just wondering, does anyone have a good reference for locust names, and I mean actual names (like Raam and Karn) it's a pain to find any name reference so if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it! 👍

    submitted by /u/The-RedGhost10
    [link] [comments]

    I have no idea why I made this

    Posted: 06 Jan 2021 06:54 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment