• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 2, 2020

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (December 02, 2020)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (December 02, 2020)


    Daily Discussion (December 02, 2020)

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    I hit masters rank today in FFA and i have no one to share it with.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 04:32 PM PST

    Me and my homies playing frenzy

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 08:33 PM PST

    So... This can happen as you play Jack in Classic Horde...

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:05 PM PST

    Jack really said fuck it I’ll do it myself

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 08:32 PM PST

    Gary Carmine ��

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 08:10 PM PST

    JD on stilts!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 03:03 PM PST

    Anybody Miss Beast Mode ?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2020 12:49 AM PST

    I've been thinking about this for a while now and I really would like to see beast mode brought back to Gears, it was a refreshing twist on horde, playing as the locust instead of killing em. Thinking about running around as a Matriarch or grabbing up gears as a Snatcher seems pretty fun to me. Plus they could even bring back old enemies from the franchise like the Bloodmounts, Boomers, Baby Corpsers, Wretches..you get the point. I'm kinda rambling now but I just had to get this out.

    submitted by /u/OnlineXIntrovert
    [link] [comments]

    Oh man this cracked me up.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:29 PM PST

    Time to grind coins for the rest of the Op

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 06:03 AM PST

    Wish they would add this guy into Gears 5, I’m still hoping!

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:43 AM PST

    I'm bronze II at the moment

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:44 AM PST

    Feedback on the Tour of Duty and PVE in Op5

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 06:10 PM PST

    Having now completed the Tour of Duty and played all PVE modes extensively since the new operation dropped, I feel I can offer some feedback on the tour, and the general gameplay loop for PVE the new season has brought in.

    First of all, the decoupling of characters and classes. This has been the single biggest boost for my enjoyment of the game since launch. My friends are having more fun, and we finally are able to use the skins we've bought over the months. My friend has been playing Del for over a year - he doesn't like Del, but that was the only class he enjoyed. Letting us play our characters and choose our own playstyle is a massive plus. It's encouraged a few people I know to step out of their normal class and try a few others, and on the whole has been extremely positive. Even friends who were put off by 5 at release have come back and are playing again.

    Next, the Horde and Escape dailies. These are fantastic - a reason to log in and play everyday that rewards you in a meaningful way, and encourages you to play multiple classes. The modifiers so far are interesting, though I am already seeing repetition in the cycle. I hope there are more on the way, because these are a good way to revitalise Horde, if only to break up the normal cycle of gameplay. I would also like to see a weekly Horde that can only be completed as a 50 wave for a much bigger reward - that would be a cool thing to get friends together for once a week.

    Onto the tour itself. This was actually the first Tour of Duty I actually wanted stuff from. Maybe it's because Gears 2 is my favourite in the franchise but the quality of the items seemed higher - even the weapons skins weren't just a flat texture slapped onto every weapon the same way without thought, as so many are. The Riftworm set actually looks like something Locust Zealots might have used, and while it looks strange and unique, it also is totally at home in the setting.

    As for progression through the tour, with boost the rate of progression felt very fair but I noticed that the medals are heavily weighted towards PVP. This is one of my main criticisms of the Tour, and I'll explain why. At the time of writing I've completed Basics, Bare Your Teeth, Take Cover or Die, Weapons, Escape, Horde, and 5/8 of Versus, and Classic Horde. Basics and weapons can be done in both PVE and PVP, Horde and Escape have their respective game modes, Versus, Versus Events, and ranked are obviously pvp, but Bare Your Teeth and Take Cover Or Die (aside from one medal) are also pvp only. I tried comparing the different payouts to see how this makes sense but it still seems a little strange. Horde gives 39 stars, Escape offers 38 stars. So PVE in total offers 77 stars, and a total coin payout of 10K. On the PVP side Versus offers 39, and ranked only offers 29. Versus Events offers 27 stars so far, but there are two more challenges to come, which will add a minimum of six stars to that. So PVP medals will get you 95 stars and a 9K payout for doing all the medals. I would prefer if things were split even down the middle, but this actually isn't an outrageous split. Consider that when you get to legend 12 stars adds 750 coins and things are looking pretty fair. This brings me back to the two problem categories - Take Cover Or Die has 8 medals, 7 of which are pvp only and 1 is PVE only. This adds 34 stars to the PVP side of things, and 4 to PVE. The payout for this medal is 5K. Bare your teeth has 8 medals, four of which can be completed in either, and four which are exclusively pvp. This adds 20 stars which can be gained in PVE, and 40 for PVP, and another 5K payout. To summarise, a pvp player can get all of these medals just doing their normal pvp playlists, bar one medal which requires surviving 20 waves of Horde on Inconvievable. That's less than two games of Frenzy. A PVE player on the other hand would have to slog through hours upon hours of either pvp or pvai. I'm of the opinion that the game should cater to and reward evenly both halves of the playerbase, and then doubly so for the people who do everything. This may seem exceptionally nitpicky, but the rate at which we gain stars - meaning coins - matters to PVE because that is how we upgrade our cards, in addition to just the cosmetic stuff.

    A short note on the event stuff. I can't comment on the one pvp event we had so far, but Classic Horde is great, albeit an absolute pain with randoms. The medals and weapon skins are an excellent reward, and I'll be using it on my retro lancer from now on. Only note is I want that game mode to come to private matches, and for weapon spawns to be added to the maps, just like the old days.

    The class balance changes are really interesting, and I think a more diverse meta is appearing in both Horde and Escape, even if I don't agree with all the choices. I've been trying a lot of different builds and it's good to have a few different choices for some characters now. I'm also interested to see what they add/change to the classes in the future. I would like them to take another look at the scorcher because it feels really lacking at the moment, and it used to be one of my favourite weapons.

    Finally, the Maps. I don't have a whole lot to say about them other than I like them. River is an old favourite and the improvements to it are great. I'm a little sad they changed the background mountains, but on the whole it's just good to have it back. Nexus is a fantastic map - perhaps the best new map in 5, and certainly the best for Horde. Lastly Regency I have not played on enough to form a strong opinion of. It's a weird map to play Horde on, and not my favourite, but I don't mind playing there.

    On the whole, from a PVE perspective the game feels great. This is what I expected at launch, honestly. I played Op1 until I had all the character skins from the tour then stopped. Returned for Op4 and played that to completion even though I still had issues with it. (Clayton is my favourite character and I enjoy Gunner a lot so the classlock had a limited impact on me, but it still didn't have me hooked yet.) The changes in Op5 have finally brought the game into a really enjoyable state. This is the best PVE experience Gears has ever had. I went ahead and bought Gears 5 finally, rather than just playing through Gamepass, and when that new Clay skin is released I will buy some Iron and get it day 1 because now I want to support the game. I objected for a long time because of the old store and how the game was monetised, but thankfully that's all gone. It is sad that it took over a year to get us to this state, but I'm still glad we're here.

    In the future I hope we get more enemies in Horde, more modifiers, and more classes. I'd like event game modes to be playable in private, especially Classic Horde. There are obviously also a few characters missing from the roster, but they'll get filled out in time. Enemy variety is still something that is holding the game back, I think, as well as just having more maps that are well designed for Horde. Gears 3 Horde is still king for enemy variety, but maybe we'll get Locust or Lambent Horde modes someday. That's about all I have to say - I hope you pvpers are enjoying the Operation too, because for PVE things are looking really good, at last.

    submitted by /u/ReaverRed
    [link] [comments]

    Is this ranked? Fuck these teams and fuck you TC! I'm tired of playing against these teams of Masters and diamond.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 03:17 PM PST

    Gears crashing since update

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 04:37 PM PST

    Has anyone else been experiencing crazy glitches since the game updated? I get a glitch where I can't stop reloading and have to quit every time. Can't attempt to play back to back games of Horde on PC, ETC

    submitted by /u/Knicks94
    [link] [comments]

    I know people don’t like this pack, but this is the official New Day logo and it should be the “The New Day” mark and banner instead of what we got.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 08:18 PM PST

    Horde Classic

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 12:10 PM PST

    Does anyone know if horde classic will be a permanent game mode? I really enjoy it!

    submitted by /u/CyberPixelz
    [link] [comments]

    Classic horde needs classic enemies, change my mind

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 06:12 PM PST

    I tried playing on advanced with a friend and randoms and it sucked ass. With no shields from the maulers it made it impossible to hold up anywhere.

    submitted by /u/llDurbinll
    [link] [comments]

    Bedazzled Boltok is live limited time only! Live.gearsofwar.com

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 07:28 PM PST

    I know this is nitpicking, but why does Kait have a Claw??? Those didn't exist until far later than the events of the novel lol

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 09:43 AM PST

    2 Freezes in 10min (PC)

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 04:35 PM PST

    Anyone been having crashes/disconnects again since this latest patch? Was working fine pretty much before today's update, this happened a couple of weeks ago with the torque bow tag update, it is back for me.. is there any fix for this? Haven't changed anything in settings with the latest Nvidia drivers. It has been happening to me in versus others I see here have reported for PVE modes as well..

    submitted by /u/Bronbin
    [link] [comments]

    MGRA(make guardian ranked again) love these kind of rounds.

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 05:31 PM PST

    I made this avatar for someone in my team

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 06:20 PM PST

    Should I buy Gears 5?

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 01:32 PM PST

    I've been a long time Gears fan since 2007. But when 4 was released it didn't really feel like any of the previous games so I didn't bother buying 5 on release. From what I have heard Gears 5 is not the best but it's somewhat getting better. It's on sale now for £8 and wondering if it is worth the money or not.

    submitted by /u/NavStarx
    [link] [comments]

    Classic horde is cursed

    Posted: 01 Dec 2020 11:39 AM PST

    I am not unhappy with this mode, but i think they can improve A LOT because it feels pretty off, first of all enable pickups to the maps (like multiplayer or GOW2 horde), Rifles need a buff especially the lancer, they can fix this using the campaing tunning that overall weapons feels much stronger, add more campaing enemy variety like imagos & drones with lancer, hunters with boltok, elite drones with lancer retro, etc...and remove DBs and rejects, they are pretty spongy and boring to fight

    submitted by /u/HappiestPony
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment