• Breaking News

    Thursday, November 26, 2020

    Gears of War | Developer Stream on Thursday - Map Design Focus (and some PvE)

    Gears of War | Developer Stream on Thursday - Map Design Focus (and some PvE)


    Developer Stream on Thursday - Map Design Focus (and some PvE)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:59 PM PST

    Weekly Developer Stream Thursday!

    Where to Watch:

    When:

    • Starts at ~3pm PST
    • Lasts for ~1.5-2 hours

    Who:

    • Dana (u/tc-mjrdecision) usually the host
    • I believe that Michael Shannon will be on this week to discus Map design - and touch on PvE a bit
    • Someone typically works behind the scenes to run the stream/chat

    What:

    • The community team discusses any recent news and follows up with a Q/A session
    • Some streams have raffles or "click-to-claim" style prizes available!

    Submitting Questions!

    Just post below to submit questions.

    .

    General (Dana-Directed) Questions:

    • Can you touch on the Black Phantom skins?
      • It's good that this was fixed, but how did it even get this far to begin with? Wouldn't it have had to be seen by multiple groups?
    • There are a lot of people leaving the studio recently.
      • Are they being back-filled, or is TC down-sizing for now?
      • Why does it seem that so many of the developers that are truly passionate Gears fans are now forced to leave rather than being offered direct-hire FTE positions?
      • Many of these people seem to have been integral in many of the positive changes that we've seen, won't the studio be missing out now?

    .

    Map Design Questions:

    • What are some different things you tried on river before finalizing the design?
    • What changed that made TC want to give River a shot now?
    • What Nexus always planned to have it's current theme?
    • How involved are the map designers when it comes to the details/art?

    .

    PvE Questions:

    • Some cards are hard to understand the magnitude of without the proper context. Can you publish the player health values per difficulty?
      • To take it a step further, having it show on the difficulty selection screen would be great. Show player health, enemy health (multiplier from base), etc.
    • Is anything being done about the teleporting enemies when trying to melee them?
    • Why can't we see a classes "perks" from the class selection screen?
    • Why is the card-selection process still so non-user-friendly?
    • In the past you mentioned potentially adding a new boss or changing up some of the AI/weapons. Is this still something in the pipeline?
    • Op5 seems to have set PvE up to be self-sustaining into the future, with little-to-no updates needed from TC other than slight balance tweaks and special events. Should we expect to see significant changes down the line, or is this the beginning of the end for PvE support in G5?
    submitted by /u/BChaps
    [link] [comments]

    All I want for Christmas is youuuu

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:51 PM PST

    King TC Robbo Leaves The Coalition

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:30 AM PST

    CARMINE NOOOO

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:45 PM PST

    The 2020 Gears of War 3 experience

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:40 AM PST

    See ya, Cyclops!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 03:02 PM PST

    Why isnt this the General reward this operation instead of another RAAM?

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 03:36 AM PST

    Muting people should also mute their emotes

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:03 AM PST

    What's with people spamming the annoying emotes like laugh all the time during the game

    submitted by /u/HowManyAccount120
    [link] [comments]

    Nice Ranked FFA Torque Bow Clip

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:16 AM PST

    I think i found evidence for the lore behind cog military getting more muscular the older they get

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 07:10 PM PST

    Demolitions and Tactician Ultimate

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 11:22 PM PST

    If Tactician has Interrogation, Cooperation, and Recharge Bounty, and Demolitions has Spotter Support and Confirmed Kill, does that do what I really hope it does?

    submitted by /u/DoomDeathFace
    [link] [comments]

    Two Gears with one bullet. Don't ask me how I got that shot.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:15 PM PST

    Decided to play gears 5 with some friends, saw this in a cutscene.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:57 PM PST

    Making the best of a bad situation.

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:39 PM PST

    I love 4v4 KOTH

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 01:19 AM PST

    This is the most fun I have had in this game since Gears 4! The game feels good, the weapons are balanced, the gnasher feels great, and having that one less player makes it so much better for solo players like me since there's less oppressive rifle spam and more influence on skillful gnasher battles. Hope it stays, it's been a blast playing again.

    submitted by /u/Backwoods-Boody
    [link] [comments]

    Love this stupid weapon!

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 12:16 PM PST

    To all horde pros

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 01:13 AM PST

    Which card is better? get up or overdoing it I got a pretty good build for the medic but can't decide between the 2 for my 5th card. I asked my friend and none of them know which is better so I'm hoping someone can give me some tips not in the gay way

    submitted by /u/DaNips_Stasis
    [link] [comments]

    How did I lose point? ;(

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 09:09 PM PST

    Ranked Chart (should i make a campaign one?)

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 02:10 PM PST

    Decided to post a longer version just to make it even more heartwrenching

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 03:36 PM PST

    Ranked

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 12:03 AM PST

    Just wanted to put my two cents in I've played Sence gears 2 I'm a average player I assume and I always play the objective I just made the Jump from gears 4 to 5 started my competitive and did very well I'm bronze it's trash I no but got mvp once or twice had some 50 kill games welp then I made it to silver and it's crazy like I am getting absolutely shit on my first two games I was playing god awful not to mention my team mates were like bags of tomatoes I'm pretty sure I was playing against ppl in party's as well and I'm playing solo is the jump from bronze to silver that big? My third game I got it together had 55 kills and 11 caps but still lost.. I guess I do belong in bronze I got so mad I had to just get off In all my time with gears I have never had so many times I hit some one and they didn't die and in the kill cam I do "97" or "98" I'm just kinda lost on we're to go do you guys ever just get bummed and what do you do to improve?

    submitted by /u/soccerplaya07
    [link] [comments]

    Lag in horde

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 03:46 AM PST

    Hi guys,

    I have come back to Gears for this new season on XSX. I am playing mostly Horde but I am experiencing A LOT of lag like never before.

    Playing sniper in horde is sometimes just ridiculous. My bullet is shooting but my clip is not empty, I am teleporting all over the place, headshot don't register...

    Of course it doesn't happen all the time but when it does it so much pain.

    I have a huge connection in fiber and a decent ping (20-30) with open port.

    Is this happening also to others ? In the past I have never experienced this.

    Thanks.

    submitted by /u/Sliiiiders
    [link] [comments]

    Everyone seems to like calling the COG fascists, but it seems like they never are able to justify it

    Posted: 25 Nov 2020 10:53 AM PST

    They even do in it Gears 5, despite the fact it seems like the COG in Gears 5 is even farther from it than the COG in Tactics through Gears 3.

    I've even read all the books except Bloodlines and read many of the comics, yet don't really see any of the justifications for it.

    • The COG still seems to have freedom of the press, religion and speech. They have a dominant religion, but there is never any mention or evidence of other religions being outlawed or disallowed. The press is allowed to print what they want even if critical of the government (though what we see in-game tends to favor towards supporting the COG), people are allowed to speak freely against the government and protest.
    • There does not seem to be any institutionalized racism/sexism in the COG; there is discrimination against protectorate states/nations not formally part of the COG, but this seems to be widely considered BS and not appropriate by many members of the military and populous at large (including Colonel Hoffman for example).
    • Prior to the outbreak of war with the UIR, most officials seemed to be elected/chosen by the people (including the Chairman), and post Locust-War this seems to be the case as well (at least it seems like that is how Anya and Jhin got their positions). And local governments seemed to be elected as well.
    • Most of the shitty things done to people before/during the war with the UIR seem to have come at the hands of corporations or rogue agents of the government, not the COG itself (and in cases where it was known to the government the COG opposed it).

    The big 3 things people seem to keep pointing to are;

    • The Zero Hour/Hammer Strikes
    • The Birthing Farms towards the end of the Locust War
    • The creation of the Locust/hiding it from the public

    But one of those, as we find out during Gears 3 and 5, isn't even the fault of the COG (it is very clearly the fault of a man going rogue and being supported by hidden investors after the COG tried to shut him down and have him executed). The Zero Hour/Hammer Strikes while awful, were at least a somewhat sound military plan given the intelligence Prescott had at the time (and sticking with the mantra of "He who defends everything defends nothing").

    The worst thing is probably the Birthing Farms; but then again considering the state of the world and humanity I can see Prescott's "Have humanity live long enough to remember me as a monster" attitude could justify them - and it seems unfair to extend the consequences of the terrible behavior of a section of military to the entire government (especially when the comics seem to indicate Prescott didn't know the extent of the behavior going on in them).

    submitted by /u/ParagonFury
    [link] [comments]

    Anybody happen to know how to fix this issue? (PC)

    Posted: 26 Nov 2020 03:35 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment