• Breaking News

    Monday, August 31, 2020

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (August 30, 2020)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (August 30, 2020)


    Daily Discussion (August 30, 2020)

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Anthony Carmine (commission for a friend) ��

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:27 PM PDT

    I feel like the Gears community has expectations WAAAY too high for the PvP popularity of a game like Gears

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:30 PM PDT

    Mostly ignoring the fact that no matter what TC (or EPIC in the past) did/does, Gears MP will likely never EVER be truly popular. Why?

    At a most basic level; because the PvP is almost a completely different game from the PvE game; in fact if it didn't have the same look and controls you could almost be justified in saying it IS a different game.

    All the advertisement for Gears and the gameplay shows a moderate-paced, tactical shooter revolving around flanking, cover, smart use of rifles and power weapons and teamwork to overcome and whittle down the enemy before destroying them.

    PvP is (and always has been) on the other hand, save for at the very highest levels, is a clusterfuck of basically charging at the enemy to use an RNG Cannon to hopefully insta-kill the opposing player(s) before they can do the same to you, and where even thinking about using something other than the Gnasher or a Power Weapon will get you killed faster than you can say "Cluckshot". Attempting to play the PvP anything remotely like the PvE will be a very harsh and short experience for you.

    And imagine watching Gears from the outside and it is confusing as fuck; think about nearly every big competitive shooter out there - as complicated as they may be, when it comes down to it in a single battle it is almost universally easy to A: Follow and B: Tell what caused what and why someone won/lost a fight.

    Meanwhile you watch a Gears match, two people get into a fight.....and the viewer is treated to two people suddenly having a fuckin' seizure in the middle of the map, until one of them randomly explodes and dies or gets sniped by a Power Weapon. Then you try to explain what happened and why that guy in the Blue Armor shot the naked monster in the chest and didn't kill him but the naked monster shot the Blue Armor guy from the same distance at the same time in the same place and killed him and not even TC can explain why.

    submitted by /u/ParagonFury
    [link] [comments]

    I hit this yesterday I was very shocked.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:45 AM PDT

    Ah yes, good ol gears of war 3

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    I love this game ❤️

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:08 PM PDT

    No sir, I insist!

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:23 PM PDT

    Gears Of War Theron Guard ❤️

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:08 AM PDT

    Some can relate

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:36 AM PDT

    Give him a moment of silence

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:55 AM PDT

    .

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    Ideas for Horde Enemy Behavior Changes

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 12:44 AM PDT

    One of the common criticisms I see for Horde 4.0 currently is that the enemies blend together a little too much. Usually people note that the AI behavior feels too samey in action. Most people hold that we need more enemy types, but I'd suggest an alternative: More distinct enemy behaviors and weapon variance. For example:

    • Imago Swarm are described as "savage, quick attackers." Why not use them like bolters from prior Horde modes? Have them rush a single target in packs with their enforcers, and have some that spawn with boltoks that dart around taking somewhat inaccurate potshots.

    • Divide the basic and elite grenadiers by weapon (Gnashers and overkill) but also by behavior. Have the basic ones rush in more but take cover, then drop a grenade when they die, modify the elites to hang back and grenade until they're with nearby allies, at which point they move forward. Also, have the elites drop a flash grenade when they die, just to make up close kills dangerous.

    • Tone down the accuracy of elite drones, but allow them to pick up weapons and use them. Imagine the terror/emergent gameplay of killing a guardian, then having to prevent an elite drone from deciding to grab it. Additionally, this would give them more reason to leave cover, making them less annoying with their spam. Also, they should ALWAYS spawn with a few regular drones.

    • Basic DB: Why not mix it up and give a few lancer GLs (no launcher ability) and a few other rushers a Talon?

    • Swarm Sniper: The only real thing I can think of here at the moment is giving elite swarm the ability to "mark" a player as a target, making nearby swarm focus on them. They could use the point animation to show it, and also open the elites up to being targeted while "casting." Alternative idea: make them constantly throw smokes, but have IR so they can shoot through it (at reduced accuracy).

    • DR-1: We're missing an enemy that hangs back like the old Kantus and buffs somehow or harasses. Maybe DR-1 Oppressors could be less aggressive sometimes and just lay waste with their fire?

    • Scions: I miss the old buff, but it definitely could have used tweaking. Maybe change the buff so it gives the enemy Regen or a temp immunity to stun/stagger for a short period? Also, Cryo Scions with Cryo grenades that don't freeze but massively slow in an AoE. There was rumor about this grenade type before the game launched. Cryo Scions chucking them at close groups could be awesomely devestating.

    Anyway, my thoughts on changes that could work within (mostly) what's already in game to introduce more variety. Figured I'd see what you guys thought.

    submitted by /u/vikingzx
    [link] [comments]

    I think that im tom cruise

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:08 PM PDT

    5 stack vs 5 randoms is exhausting. Need solo queue toggle option

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:34 PM PDT

    Pretty much every game I play is myself and 4 randoms vs a 5 team stack and quiet frankly it's turning me off from ranked right now.

    Yes I know TDM is now there for solo queue but I hate that it's limited to that and I can't enjoy the new mode or KoTH. TC can we please just get a toggle on solo queue for ranked ?? I will gladly wait longer to find a game if it meant a fair match.

    Players almost always quit once the game starts or they don't play because no one wants to compete against a team . Surely it's more enjoyable for the stacks to play stacks too because it's less of a chance of a bulldoze ?

    submitted by /u/MonotoneTanner
    [link] [comments]

    What's the biggest impedance for newer or lowered skilled players from playing Versus?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 06:15 PM PDT

    Brief history of me as a player,

    I'm played G1-3 heavy but fell off on judgement. I played quiet a bit of 4 but didnt have a lot of time because of college. Now I'm back messing with G5 heavy again.

    Because I didnt play 4 as much as I wanted I noticed an immediate skill deficiency in my movement and I was getting waxed! I know you could cancel in 2 and 3 but I think 4 took the system to a new level. With all that however, it took all of a week for me to look up some videos and practice till I was comfortable and confident playing Versus. That was 1 hurdle I had as a player so I was wondering what stops other people from wanting to get better at this game?

    I know Gears has always had a higher skill gap than something like CoD but I dont think its insurmountable. It frustrates me that Gears has become niche in a way when I feel at its core is one of the best shooters to play. I want to somehow grow the playerbase so I want to identify why people dont want to learn the game anymore like they used to.

    submitted by /u/Almondjoy248
    [link] [comments]

    New forge bug/glitch

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 05:21 PM PDT

    Just Replayed The Original Gears Trilogy

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:04 AM PDT

    Man, I really love this series. Played it years back with my brother and was left in awe. Replayed it again after so many years and it still managed to make me feel the same way I did all those years back.

    The story really kept me in it, though it can be quite cheesy and bland at times, it was such a roller coaster of emotions. The ending of Gears of War 3 will always stick with me, especially the part where Marcus asked Anya what was left, and she replied they finally had a tomorrow.

    Though I enjoy Gears 4 and 5, and don't get me wrong, I do love them as well, but it seems to lack that grit and raw emotions that Gears 1 to 3 had.

    Hopefully we will get another Gears of War as good as the original 3.

    submitted by /u/Jeremydahomey
    [link] [comments]

    Meme Mondays (August 31, 2020)

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:07 AM PDT

    {End user should never see this text.}

    {Contact u/CthulhuMadness for more information}

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Swarmak in Escape

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 03:02 AM PDT

    Does anyone know which escape map has the swarmak in it? Need it for a medal

    submitted by /u/atalldude03
    [link] [comments]

    Custom Escape Campaign

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:07 PM PDT

    I made a custom campaign for escape with the map sharing feature. Unfortunately the escape map maker doesn't allow any scions or wardens so the campaign is a bit lacking.

    If anyone is interested in trying it out I'll leave the information below.

    Campaign Details: 3 missions Summary: Recent Swarm chatter has indicated that a new Swarm general is rising in the ranks. An elite squad has been called to infiltrate swarm hives and find out information on this general.

    Mission 1 Map Code: 1Y6GKS

    Mission 2 Map Code: VXP9JT

    Mission 3 Map Code: YKTYJX

    submitted by /u/GrandmasterSuperman
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 on PC ping spikes

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:38 AM PDT

    It makes the game unplayable. Im struggling to find ways to help my game run without any lag. I'd appreciate any suggestions to help me keep my ping consistent.

    submitted by /u/St3pOFFHIGhxX
    [link] [comments]

    I imagine this is what the AI's see when a Kait cloaks in Horde

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:35 AM PDT

    I did it after just coming back about a week ago!

    Posted: 31 Aug 2020 02:04 AM PDT

    I'm sorry and I know I'll get abuse for this but the combat and controls on Gears 2 really hasn't aged well.

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 07:43 AM PDT

    So I'm currently replaying all the Gears games and I have to say Gears 1 and 2 really don't hold up too well, the story is great and the graphics still look good for such an old game but my god the controls. Currently playing Gears 2 and I've spent half the time stuck on walls, the sea monster fight in Mount kadar is just ridiculous too. Before anyone starts aswell, I've been playing since the original Gears and still love those games! I merely mean compared to modern games it just feels clunky and unresponsive and I know that's an obvious, but alot of older games still old up combat wise!

    submitted by /u/Reead95
    [link] [comments]

    How tho?

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 04:59 PM PDT

    Whenever you see a ticker in Gears Tactics

    Posted: 30 Aug 2020 09:08 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment