• Breaking News

    Friday, November 29, 2019

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 29, 2019)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 29, 2019)


    Daily Discussion (November 29, 2019)

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Right place right time

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 09:04 PM PST

    Boomer/Scion earns a glorious Hail Mary ribbon during campaign.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:45 AM PST

    Cog gear salute emote appears as the onyx guard

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 05:14 PM PST

    Happy Thanksgiving folks! Remember to boil your Leeches for at least 4 hours for best tenderness!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:36 PM PST

    Log in on Thanksgiving and receive the Cluckshot Boomshot Skin and 3 Turkey themed Marks, The Marks are A Drumstick, A Cooked Turkey, and of course a turkey. Video is only of the Cluckshot because it's animated so it gets more attention.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:49 AM PST

    I got all the skins you could get without spending a dime just in time for Operation 2

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:27 PM PST

    Why are the devs holding character skins hostage?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:01 PM PST

    I'm genuinely curious as to what their thought process is. Clearly they can add the skins for Dom, Baird, Cole, Locust Queen, the Carmines, etc whenever they want. Why aren't they all available to unlock right away? Why not have a traditional unlock system?

    Are they waiting to release them as DLC? Or are they going to provide a certain amount of totems a month? Either way, this system is baffling to me and I'd love to hear why they're doing this.

    Are they hoping that their player base will keep playing, waiting for more skins to be available? Because I would imagine most people wouldn't bother to continue playing for that long. I can't believe I actually miss the Gears 4 loot box system.

    Sorry if they've addressed this already. I'm just trying to wrap my head around why they're deliberately withholding content from their players.

    submitted by /u/TheLongNightKing
    [link] [comments]

    I think this will have to be my new favorite shirt.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:16 AM PST

    Sometimes i run faster than other people in the game... no idea why. Finally got a good recording of this. would love to get a response form the Dev's or feedback from the community. my ping was showing 80 my friend said he seen it as 15.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:41 AM PST

    This game's multiplayer isn't good enough at all (new player)

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 04:36 PM PST

    I'm in the EU and I just want to play some matches, that is all I'm asking for, just to play some 5v5 TDM or king of the hill and only rarely does it find a match.

    Now correct me if I'm wrong but this game is crossplay with Xbox yes? I expected this to make it easier to find matches but apparently not.

    So I try Horde mode and once again I cannot find a full lobby without some error saying it's full even though it says 4/5 and if I do find a lobby, its either some speedrunning or farming game. Escape is pretty pointless and I played one game...we rushed through it to the end and I didn't have any fun at all.

    The unlockables in the game are fucking terrible and downright outdated, I swear when I played Gears 3 multiplayer it had a similar amount of camos to unlock and similar looking ones too. I read also that country flags cost money and they are 7 euros?...who buys this shit? like relly who is buying this? 7 euros could get me almost the fucking Witcher 3 on sale on steam, genuinely stupid decisions.

    The thing I can say is, i do like the campaign and when i do get a decent horde match it is fun.

    But in 2019 this isn't even remotely acceptable and this franchise used to be held in high regard, when a gears game came out, it used to be this big thing and now it's a whimper of a franchise and you can blame Microsoft for this, TC take orders from MS or MS isn't involved enough for them to tell TC to start upping the quality of the game itself. The game ranks on Xbox charts at like 34th in online multiplayer?....a fucking gears game at 34th after 2-3 months release...what is going on here seriously?

    You got a new console coming out next year to compete with PS5, why the fuck would anyone want an Xbox Scarlett when you treat one of your big franchises in this state? Quality is not good enough.

    submitted by /u/yeshitsbond
    [link] [comments]

    Not to sound like a dick or anything....

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 08:17 AM PST

    But why are guest allowed in ranked? I had 2 games with the same guy who was using the second controller to have more lives. You would think guest would only be allowed in quickplay where people are not playing as serious.

    submitted by /u/RetardMoan
    [link] [comments]

    Happy Thanksgiv...Thanksgibbing Everyone Don't Forget to Login!

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:21 PM PST

    My game has been making random Swarm noises at the title screen for the last 5 minutes. ��

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 07:38 PM PST

    Fairly new to the game. Having some trouble

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:25 PM PST

    Hi! So I'm fairly new to the game. Since gears 5 came out. I been playing arcade and ranked mode a lot but my score at the end of matches are so low. For example everybody on the team gets a 3,000 score where I get a 1,500 score. My friends say I have good in game strategy, I have a good kd, and that I play the objective well but that I cross too much even though I'm covering them. Like for king of the hill I don't get many captures or breaks because I'm crossing unless my team is losing the capture. Is that why I'm not getting the 3,000 points? It's like this for every game mode

    submitted by /u/GingerGod69
    [link] [comments]

    Digging the new menu update

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:28 PM PST

    Horde kick function

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:05 PM PST

    Can horde please get some more attention? The basic kick function isn't working right now without starting then returning to lobby. Getting lvl 1's joining master horde is a pain in the ass

    submitted by /u/DylanM07
    [link] [comments]

    Which Gears of War campaign is your favorite and why?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 10:26 AM PST

    I'm replaying them all currently and used to think 2 was my favorite but I have a feeling that is going to change for me. Haven't enjoyed 2 as much as I thought. I really liked all the campaigns but feel 5 or 3 might be my favorite. 1 is very nostalgic though and I'm excited to play 4 again as I only played it one time.

    submitted by /u/Temujin234
    [link] [comments]

    Rockstar Walmart code, two numbers missing

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 03:00 PM PST

    Anyone notice how he gets so much love but when the Gears Twitter or TC account tweets they hate them?

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 11:38 PM PST

    Weapons Skins, A Little Advice to TC, Concerning the Gears 5 Store.

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 12:47 PM PST

    The chances of me buying Gears 5 Store items:

    0%, Loadout skins, banner, bloodspray - $20

    0%, 5 loadout weapon skins - $10

    3%, full set of weapon skins I haven't even seen it in the store, seems lazy

    5%, Character skins

    100%, new maps

    Stop developing garbage, make some new maps and fix the game's issues. Fellow Gears player don't buy a single fucking thing. I don't even spend my iron out of protest and I suggest everyone else do the same.

    submitted by /u/AcquaintedGrief
    [link] [comments]

    2v2 Modern Warfare Tournament Style Mode

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:37 PM PST

    I Just played the new 2v2 Tournament mode in Modern Warfare. It is so much fun and I feel like it is a mode that would be pretty fun to play in Gears as well. You can even win rewards and xp by getting into semi finals or winning the whole tourney. Overall would be a successful mode in Gears if implemented correctly in my opinion.

    submitted by /u/PersianDragonYo
    [link] [comments]

    Gears needs a Tournament mod like Call of Duty

    Posted: 28 Nov 2019 02:15 PM PST

    Just been playing the gun fight tournament on CoD and I was thinking Gears would benefit from a feature like that so much, especially right now. Now I know a lot of people here dislike CoD or will downvote me for mentioning it. Im not talking about a game mode or a play style. I just find it amazing a live tournament feature, were you actually see the advancement of other teams from different matches progress until the teams get smaller and smaller until only one team is left.

    Sorry I meant mode.

    submitted by /u/SerifGrey
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment