• Breaking News

    Saturday, November 30, 2019

    Gears of War | COG Enlistment — Find Teammates | Week of November 29–December 06, 2019

    Gears of War | COG Enlistment — Find Teammates | Week of November 29–December 06, 2019


    COG Enlistment — Find Teammates | Week of November 29–December 06, 2019

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:05 AM PST

    Post up your gamertags to make some new friends this week! Please use the following format:

    • Game: (Which gears game you want to play.)
    • Gamertag: (Your gamertag.)
    • Type: (Professional? Casual? Scrim? Horde?)
    • Region: (Your timezone or general geographic area.)
    • Time: (When you are free to play.)
    • Platform: (PC/Xbox One/360)

      You can also check out r/GearsLFG to find teammates any day of the week.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    First game back, Gears will always be in my blood

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:46 AM PST

    I kept messing up my movements, but I'm still proud of my.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:43 PM PST

    Was not expecting this

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:59 AM PST

    Gears 5 community is too toxic to grow lol

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:28 AM PST

    Was playing some ranked guardian today and one thing I noticed is that 9 out of 10 times (I've kept track) the enemy team just tbags/bms/long execution the last guy or even people in the middle of the match if it's a stomp. They tend to do this to players who aren't the best (I'm playing in silver games and I've seen them) and in the middle of the match. Also, they tend to own skins, particularly the 20 dollar esports skin/weapon packs. Don't be surprised that investment is short lived.

    Just saying. Don't be surprised if queue times just keep going up and up and the casual player base dies. End of the day, the casuals are what make the game, not the high end of players.

    Meanwhile me? I just kill people on the ground as soon as they are downed. No bm, full respect for the enemy as I just want to continue the match. People waste so much time each game just bming that they could have completed 1-2 more rounds.

    Just a big concern and probably why this games multiplayer died off fast. Game has a downing system which encourages toxic behavior with long executions (imo should just remove long executions). Should also have the ability to kill yourself while downed like escalation has.

    Want new players to play this game? Stop being a dick, or don't be surprised this game dies completly due to you tbagging and going back and forth pre-after death on them because you are insecure and suffer from depression. During gears 1-2 era, was a rare thing. Gears 3 I only played for 2-3 months and wasn't bad. But now everyone just thinks they are hot shots. Probably learned it from social media streamers/youtubers of gears (Probably mostly from a particular person who makes griefing/toxicity videos for views).

    Probably why I'm hesitent to ever queue for an online PvP game anymore now a days. It's just "can't wait for people to just waste time in the game and just be dicks instead of respectful people who don't waste time and just move on to next round/match". Just toxic.

    I think even in esports I see some toxicity and the commentators just go "oh he's giving some tbag/disrespect". Should probably not encourage that behavior when all games thrive on a good casual community, not a toxic one. Personally, I'd ban that behavior from esports. Big games like League fines people for toxic behavior in esports, as they see the value in it.

    Idk. I'm 23 years old and I grew up and never liked that stuff to begin with. I've always just loved playing games. Bit of a shame that PvP games have just turned into toxic shit holes where it's full of men at this point that are in their 20's who still have the same childish behavior (being toxic) in games still. It's in everygame.

    Thanks for reading, and have a good day.

    BONUS: My girlfriend was playing guardian as well about a month ago and her name has "princess" in it. Her 2 teammates say "oh, look... we have a princess on the team". Next round "princess is leader... well.. we're gonna lose". Being sexist to to female gamers too. disgusting. no wonder why games are just full of toxic men. She's only played once or twice since because that type of experience sent chills down her spine, she felt disgusted. It reminded her why she stopped playing Halo (she was a high rated player in that game) was because people would constantly be toxic and say sexist remarks.

    submitted by /u/ghfhfhhhfg9
    [link] [comments]

    I can’t believe they want me to pay roughly 8 bucks of iron to get a Canadian flag banner when in gears 4 they were free, what a jip

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:07 AM PST

    What am I to do?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 06:29 PM PST

    Nice headshot in the end

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 02:15 PM PST

    I am getting fed up joining matches with unbalanced teams

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 12:26 PM PST

    Nearly every match someone leaves and its usually a player on my team. With the new ranking system it's more necessary now than ever before to separate the parties from the solo players.

    What tends to happen in a typical match is one person leaves on my team because they ain't any good, other team gets an advantage and they're all in a party, another person on my team leaves because they know we're gonna lose then me and the remaining 2 others get messed up by a couple of try hards and a few noobs causing me to drop down a rank because I got killed by a bronze rank noob a couple times.

    I really don't see the point in playing ranked if this is the normal experience. Something needs to be done. People in ranked should be bringing their A game. Leaving punishments need to be more harshly dealt and we need to put a requirement in place to gain entry. E.g. Get X amount of kills in Arcade.

    submitted by /u/Hon3stR3view
    [link] [comments]

    Does Anyone Else Wish We Could Go Back to Buying Maps?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 01:46 PM PST

    I feel like in Gears 1-3 Epic made awesome DLC maps for one reason, that was how they made money. I feel like the quality and quantity of new maps (not re-skins) has suffered as a result of character/weapons skins becoming TC's bread and butter. I would rather pay for a Season's Pass with awesome maps than be have TC nickel and dime me for a character or weapon skins that I will equip and forget about or change shortly after.

    What worries me is, if that business model went back into affect I imagine a season's pass would be marked up to some ridiculous price point like $15 Griffin in Gears 4. I guess another problem is enough people having the maps to make it worthwhile in different game modes like multiplayer would need different playlists (segregating the community). I guess this causes more problems than it solves but I miss the glory days when Gears maps were awesome and not constantly remakes.

    EDIT: For clarity added (segregating the community) 3rd line, 2nd paragraph.

    submitted by /u/AcquaintedGrief
    [link] [comments]

    Gears Developers Don’t care about older fans of the series

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:03 AM PST

    I have played gears since in was 6 years old I am 18 now and I struggle to enjoy playing a game that I grew up playing. I have seen videos on YouTube talking about how bad it has become and what they are saying is true. From gears 4 to 5 I have went from onix their to silver and can't seem to play the same and it's not just me. I am now at the point of uninstalling the game like others which is sad as I loved playing gears but now the developers have taken a path which leaves lots of fans behind. Anyone else having similar problems or think I am wrong I will reply.

    submitted by /u/Blake21212
    [link] [comments]

    Save slots

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 03:02 AM PST

    Does gears of war 5 have multiple save slots for different campaign playthroughs?

    submitted by /u/so_guys_
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else get kicked after they go on a crazy kill streak?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:31 AM PST

    What is the fastest, easiest way to "Win a versus match on Icebound" on Gears 5?

    Posted: 30 Nov 2019 02:23 AM PST

    As you might imagine, this is for the daily task. Normally I would just ignore it, but this is worth 6 stars and if I can exploit it, I will. I avoid PVP at all costs when I can, so I am not prepared to play versus all day long and I have few friends that play. I am on console if it matters. And Iron is not an option.

    Thanks in advance.

    submitted by /u/RubberKnuckleDuster
    [link] [comments]

    Windows store asked me to install gears 5 when i already owned it and had it installed, tried to delete it and it became corrupted, now there is 74.6 GB of gears 5 data that i can't uninstall and try to re-install, even with ownership changes. Any ideas?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:38 PM PST

    Someone went Black Friday shopping.

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:45 AM PST

    All of the bullshit aside, anyone else just feel like this game is not competitive?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 09:29 AM PST

    I never realized it til this game but I think the reason I've always been so addicted to this series is the sheer competitiveness in every match. There is no greater feeling than besting someone 1v1 with a shotgun.

    This game has so many issues but all of that aside, it's just not enjoyable to win games. I booted up a game of TDM last night, went 26-5, won, and honestly was bored out of my mind and played something else.

    This has always been one of the most skill-based games available on Xbox. That's what has kept this fan base loyal even though there has been issues with every game. I've always been able to look past the broken shit in the other games, but with this one there's just nothing to keep me coming back. Even if they add cosmetics and stuff for a cheaper price, I don't think I'll care.

    Does anyone else feel this way or am I imagining it? This game is too noobified, and this was not the series they should have done this with.

    submitted by /u/secretagentMikeScarn
    [link] [comments]

    How do you get into this series?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 07:42 PM PST

    So, I just got my first ever Xbox, game pass along with it. So I have access to like every version of the Gears games. Though, I'm mainly wondering if the Ultimate version of Gears 1 is the best or just the 360 version, there doesn't seem to be much in the way of resources for beginners who want to get into the series at least from what I've looked at.

    submitted by /u/Joemaher2
    [link] [comments]

    Kill cams! Why are they the way they are?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:34 PM PST

    Okay so I actually like that kill cams have found their way into gears. Now I can see how I'm not going crazy and how I died was 100000% not my fault ever. But they don't work half the time.

    1. kill cams just don't appear some times even with a long respawn time

    2. When they do appear they are often cut off at the end. Right where you got killed and so the kill cam is useless

    3. The kill cams will show the wrong death. I once died and it showed me an earlier death in the game. That death however didn't show a kill cam at the time. I was very confused.

    FIX 1: make kill cams a thing 100% on death as it currently feels random.

    FIX 2: force kill cams to finish instead of being interrupted by respawn. While still being able to manually skip them. All without disrupting respawns. (This May be difficult as respawns happen on 10/15 second timer so if respawn time is missed due to kill cam. Then failure to respawn results in respawn at next available time maybe?)

    So what do you guys think? Do you guys have problems with the kill cam? Has this topic been discussed further in detail and or have the tc responded? If so can you link it to me?

    submitted by /u/arron_chana
    [link] [comments]

    OSOK triple

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:21 PM PST

    Embar fun!!!

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 08:23 AM PST

    Just finished GoW4, Found it short, GoW 5 Longer ?

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 10:17 PM PST

    So I just beat Gears of War 4 and while I enjoyed most of it, It seemed a little hollow and short especially compared to 1-3 and especially considering it's a 120GB game, Seems most of that space went towards the multiplayer which I have zero interest in as I cannot stand multiplayer unless it's co-op.

    I'm looking at getting GoW5 simply to see how the story carries on but was wondering, Is it as short as GoW4 ?

    submitted by /u/Dicehunter
    [link] [comments]

    He Gone!!!! Headshot

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 09:50 PM PST

    Predictions for Operation 2

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 05:16 PM PST

    Some things I believe will be in gears 5 is the leaked kantus skin and the kantus scream expression, maybe some other kantus cosmetics such as weapon skins and voice lines, what are some things you are counting on to be in the next operation.

    submitted by /u/ActuallyFuryYT
    [link] [comments]

    Series Beginner

    Posted: 29 Nov 2019 04:33 PM PST

    I've never owned an Xbox, but for Black Friday I ordered the S on sale. It comes with what I think is the entire Gears of War franchise, with 5 being the primarily advertised one. I'm completely new to the series so I have no idea where to start. Should I play the games in order, or should I just start with 5?

    submitted by /u/caden_dwyer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment