• Breaking News

    Wednesday, November 13, 2019

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 13, 2019)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 13, 2019)


    Daily Discussion (November 13, 2019)

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 Is Worse Than A Free to Play Game. 750$ worth of "Content" for those keeping track.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 02:03 PM PST

    My latest Gears inspired 3D Environment

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:44 AM PST

    Every Single Gears 5 Store Item. For those that don't believe we are at 750$.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 06:30 PM PST

    THE COALITION BLATANTLY LIES

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 02:06 AM PST

    TC openly states that to create a new map or remaster an old map for Gears 5, it would take 6 months per map. So here's some math on that (mad props to Shepard Gaming's video that broke this down). In Gears 4, 24 maps were added post launch over the course of 3 years. We received 8 new maps per year, at a rate of 1 map per 1.5 months.

    THIS WAS 4x FASTER THAN THE LENGTH OF TIME THE COALITION IS CLAIMING IT WILL TAKE TO MAKE NEW MAPS FOR GEARS 5. Another thing to keep in mind is that in Gears 4, they created fully overhauled remasters that were running on an entirely different iteration of Unreal Engine, yet TC claims it would take 4x as long to put the Gears 4 maps into Gears 5, even though they run on the exact same engine. If you still support this game, just know that TC is BLATANTLY LYING to you and is coming up with any excuse they can to justify the drip feeding of content. Please feel free to post a comment defending this statement from TC, I need a good laugh.

    (CREDS) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRrpKdbXwJU

    submitted by /u/DonJuanCouponSalon
    [link] [comments]

    Remember me of the good old bad days.

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 12:40 AM PST

    What Gears 5 would look like with a Darker/Gears 2 like style.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:55 PM PST

    Found out you can refreeze the ground faster with the cryo cannon

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:25 AM PST

    800 iron please

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 10:27 AM PST

    Here’s all the characters that you can only get by purchasing and their prices. Barely two months in. Lost track of all the marks, expressions, banners & blood sprays. Somebody should help me make a list.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 05:19 PM PST

    Beating Rev-9 as DB

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 10:26 AM PST

    99.99% luck

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 04:15 AM PST

    If Karn never died at Halvo Bay, would the locust have won the war?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 08:02 PM PST

    horde issue: weapons skins don't register when you join a custom horde lobby & pick up weapons dont either as well

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 11:33 AM PST

    i didnt grind to complete the tod for no reason tc, i wanna see my skins when playing horde

    submitted by /u/dannydubs7
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: If you have the game through Gamepass, every minute you play gives TC more money. Vote with your wallets!

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 03:56 AM PST

    The title is prettymuch self explanatory, but I have to put something here so I typed this.

    submitted by /u/JoKo13
    [link] [comments]

    Idea for a Way to Earn Iron

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 11:43 PM PST

    I had an idea for a good way to earn iron in game at a somewhat appropriate rate. Just copy what Red Dead Redemption 2 does for their daily challenges. Red Dead Online's premium currency is called Gold Bars, and can be spent anywhere the normal cash currency can, but in addition, can be used to purchase Gold Exclusive clothing, horses and saddles AS WELL as bypassing level locked items for extra gold depending on how many levels away from the item you are.

    If you aren't familiar, RDO has a set of challenges that refresh every day, just like Gears. Completing any 1 of the 7 daily challenges awards you 0.20 Gold Bars which equates to roughly $0.08 USD. There are 7 daily challenges. Upon completing all 7 you are granted a bonus amount of Gold, 0.60 Bars. So every single day you can earn up to 2 Gold Bars, or roughly $0.80 USD worth of Premium Currency. But, if you log in and do at least ONE challenge per day, every week you get a multiplier on how much gold you earn per challenge, the completion bonus is also increased. Going to 1.5x at a 7 day streak, 2x at 14 days, and 2.5x at 21 days. At a 21 day streak in RDO you are earning up to $2 USD worth of Gold per day.

    If something similar was implemented into Gears 5 you would have two important things. One, an avenue to EARN content in the store. I love the new windflare gnasher but I'm not going to drop $4 on one gun. If I had earned iron through completing my daily challenges I'd be more open to spending it. The second thing added is INCENTIVE TO PLAY EVERY DAY. Even if it is just to maintain a streak the player keeps coming back to the game and is earning this premium currency, I managed to maintain a 60+ day streak on RDO, I'd log in real quick thinking I'd just do a challenge and go down a rabbit hole of playing for a few hours quite often. I hit General in the Tour of Duty on 10/16/19. (Before anyone asks, yes I had boost from Ultimate Edition, so I had access to Double Star Day. I have not spent any of the Iron on my account that was given/earned, nor purchased Iron)

    I have absolutely no reason to play beyond enjoying the game, which I do, but I'm starved for content until Tour of Duty 2 in December. I realize now that I rushed through the Tour and probably killed some longevity for myself, but as I was going along I was just doing what a lot of people were, logging in every day and doing my dailies. There were some days I went hard for medals though.

    Let me know what you guys think about this. I don't think it'd be too unreasonable. I think we do need a way to earn iron and I think that Red Dead Online has a fantastic way to both earn a premium currency AND have player retention.

    submitted by /u/Vizier_Thoth
    [link] [comments]

    What happened? Why is it like this?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 10:00 AM PST

    I bought the ultimate edition on PC but the game got so fucking grindy and boring I left to play other recent releases like Sekiro, Codevein what not. Came back 2 days ago because I heard COG gear was released.... And I realized again why I stopped playing.

    My boost that I haven't used for no more than 2 weeks is expired???? Also COG gear will take minimum of 8 hours to unlock from what it looks like. Just WOW. A basic fucking COG gear. I wonder what they will do when they release OG delta.

    I am suffering from Buyer Remorse right now even though I fantasize about clutch Gears of War 3 corpser and armored kantus up my ass in Wave 30 horde moments. But I have learned a lesson. I will no longer support Microsoft titles. Fuck you "The Coalition". Go choke on a bag of lambent dicks.

    submitted by /u/atlasv9999
    [link] [comments]

    PSA: Team Ice Skins now Re-Up Rewards, not ToD 1

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 03:25 AM PST

    Just in case anyone was worried/curious about Team Ice skins with ToD ending in 2 weeks

    submitted by /u/throwawayhelpegg
    [link] [comments]

    Can we all just get along instead of attacking each other?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 04:37 PM PST

    I fully understand most of the hate towards TC but why are some of us attacking each other? I've read so many comments where people have disagreed and been fully respecful of eachothers opinions but then I've read so many comments of people just getting hostile towards each other for simply disagreeing or getting something wrong.

    Can we all atleast agree to disagree instead of attacking each other? One of the things I've always loved about gears was the community. And most of the community is still made up of respectful people but there's so many who are getting angry over simple comments. I know most of you reading this are already respectful towards each other but please to the people who are getting hostile is it really worth it over a comment that you'll forget in a few hours?

    Sorry for the little rant but I hope atleast someone reads this and chills down a little when it comes to how they respond to other users.

    Thanks to almost all of you guys for being super respectful in the comments even towards people you disagree with.

    submitted by /u/Owain_Unczur
    [link] [comments]

    TC reduces the price of store items by 50-75%, gives iron back to those who purchased items equaling the discount, and makes iron earnable in-game. How do you feel?

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 03:03 AM PST

    I'm just curious and it was just an idea in my head just now. I doubt this would ever happen nor am I even wanting this to happen personally, but it's more of a question to see what people want/think of the MTX situation.

    And please, do not say stuff about ranked/servers. Yes, they have been bad and ranking will hopefully be fix'd soon with that reset... But pretend that gears has fully working servers for all regions (finding matches fast around your area) and ranking works. Eventually, TC will get there...

    So yer just give me yer thoughts.

    edit: based on responses people would have loved this. TC looks at it though and doesn't understand that they would make more money due to more players, faster games, more encouragement to pay, progression playing the game. BUT yer

    submitted by /u/ghfhfhhhfg9
    [link] [comments]

    Quick question

    Posted: 13 Nov 2019 02:56 AM PST

    When does the new tour of duty start?

    submitted by /u/swoleistheg0al
    [link] [comments]

    Any waves i can play specifically to get the Juvie hunter & scion hunter medal quickly ? Want this hunter skin.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 11:06 PM PST

    Items of the week and day are fire.

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 10:07 AM PST

    9 to 5. Not finished yet but this is something I'm currently working on. Happy with it so far!

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 05:24 AM PST

    Anyone ever had an issue where Gears 5 does not start on PC?

    Posted: 12 Nov 2019 09:55 PM PST

    I have been having an issue for the last few hours where the game does not start up after launching it from the start menu. Also tried launching from the store. I decided to uninstall and reinstall. It's a 70gb download. If that doesn't work then I have no idea what else to try. Don't really wanna reinstall Windows.

    submitted by /u/CerberusArcProjector
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment