• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 10, 2019

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 10, 2019)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 10, 2019)


    Daily Discussion (November 10, 2019)

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    It was worth a try

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 03:15 PM PST

    Gears 5 is better than duolingo, after the last update i have the game half in Italian and half in English, i speak both but is weird to see

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 09:18 AM PST

    How about these guys as a multiplayer character? They look pretty cool.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 12:06 PM PST

    Emile players after not bothering to revive anyone in Horde.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 10:26 PM PST

    Big Update! TC needs our help! (More info)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 11:16 AM PST

    So TC announced that the reason stats are not being tracked and the rank reset was delayed is because we haven't purchased enough Iron.

    If the community would just band together and chip in some hard earned cash on top of the price of the retail game, the small indie company will magically learn how to program things in a way that suggests they've done this before as a job.

    What we need is at least a few people around the clock who are willing to donate blood and sell some of their furniture to keep the store prices up and rising.

    I find it sick that we as a community would assume the game would be functional in any regard upon release, or even 2 months later.

    Clearly it's our job to stop being so damn mean to the people who only sometimes mock innocent questions on stream from these ungrateful drama queens, who ask evil questions such as, "Will the things I'm spending tens of hours doing be recorded?"

    The best thing we as a community can do is to continue to allow the dev team to attempt to turn the community on itself as a "toxic" group, while the 2 month old AAA game continues to further break down into scrap - see what I did there?

    edit-changed flair to humor from news. This is a overly dramatic shitpost that isn't well written but I had fun at work doing it anyway. no hate towards anyone btw

    submitted by /u/fetta_chinne
    [link] [comments]

    These kind of matchups shouldn't happen

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 12:21 AM PST

    These kind of matchups shouldn't happen

    **EDIT**

    I just saw that TC talked about this a bit in their podcast, so I am better aware of some of the factors that can lead to these situations. Still, this happens to me way too often to be considered an edge case. I feel like I am constantly being punished for playing well and achieving a high rank, "congrats, you made it. Now enjoy unbalanced teams nearly every game. Thank you for your hard work".

    @u/OctusTC would you be willing to talk to whoever runs the matchmaking algorithms and explain to us the cause behind such severe skill disparities? At 14k+ (which is enough points to constitute an extra player on the other team wtf) point difference this isn't even the worst I've seen.

    https://preview.redd.it/jpbgoihtftx31.png?width=1920&format=png&auto=webp&s=66c4c5fddb0ba1ea0863129d7e3516dd52b89feb

    These kinds of matches are a huge downer, no one is having fun on my team. I don't enjoy seeing people get 9 eliminations in 1 ENTIRE round bc they were unlucky enough to be matched against much better players just cuz they have a Masters player on their side. Subtracting my skill score from my team, the average player ranks at 14,539 points each. This is absurd. The enemy team averages 18,490.8‬ per PLAYER. They are literal leagues above everyone else on my team. I can make a big impact on the match, but I can't do all the work by myself. This creates many "feel bad" moments for both me and my teammates where I am frustrated by the matchmaking system and my teammates are frustrated they can't contribute to the match. I really hope that these scenarios get directly addressed by future matchmaking changes.

    submitted by /u/PlsCrit
    [link] [comments]

    Just wanted to mention, hiddenxperia popular halo lore/news channel, used Gears 5 as an example for how Microsoft had been going hard on the "monetary exploitation" train they've been riding for the past few years.

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 02:48 PM PST

    Why do we have ability to see enemies' tagged grenades?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 06:20 PM PST

    If you hold lb/l1 , you can see not only your own tagged grenades but your opponent's as well. What's the purpose of this? Not a fan.

    submitted by /u/thec0wking
    [link] [comments]

    The Cole Trains Horde ability should be an actual train

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 12:51 PM PST

    When he gets added his ability should be like the train in Asylum but you can derail it and drive around the map crushing enemies at 100 mph. Thanks.

    Edit: it's okay if it's overpowered because it's the Cole Train.

    submitted by /u/RyEKT
    [link] [comments]

    Remember the good ol' days?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 09:52 AM PST

    More crashes since the latest update? (PC)

    Posted: 10 Nov 2019 01:50 AM PST

    Is anyone else having their game crash a lot since the latest update? This was one of the few things I feel this game was doing well. I've been playing since the first beta (we are currently in the second) and the game crashed maybe 4-5 times in all those months. Since the latest update my game has crashed multiple times. At least 4 tonight. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? It has to be from the update.

    submitted by /u/Insomnialcoholic
    [link] [comments]

    kick option for horde couldnt come sooner

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 11:02 PM PST

    its lovely getting a kait who does things until wave 10+ where she starts spinning around like map, shooting at things maybe once or twice a wave, and then just spinning the whole game.

    what the fuck is the point. what the fuck honestly. this shit is getting too fucking annoying. delaying my last 1-50 master map needed.

    submitted by /u/ghfhfhhhfg9
    [link] [comments]

    Can we as a community revive this game for a little while?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 05:54 PM PST

    Who like to play og delta squad (including Garron,Sam and Clay) in gears 5?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 01:12 PM PST

    It upsets me the only main menu background for PC is icebound

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 08:00 PM PST

    That is all

    submitted by /u/disapparate276
    [link] [comments]

    Fastest I've Ever Lost Interest In a Gears Game

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 10:25 PM PST

    I'm a huge fan going back to Gears 1 and just wanted to post this. Not sure why because I'm not planning on giving up on the game. I just wanted to say something.

    In the past series there was always something to provide a draw or interest. The big issue with 5 is that I despise the weapon tuning and movement/gameplay choices so I have no interest in playing competively or really even casually in the current MP environment. Gears 5 doesnt provide that addicting feeling from getting kills and winning matches anymore. Everything feels slower and far less skill based.

    I beat the campaign, finished the tour, unlocked the new heroes I wanted, maxed out my favorite horde and escape characters, and am now left with a sad realization.

    I dont want to play this game without artificial incentive. Is anyone else feeling the same? Gears 5 feels like I'm just constantly waiting for something.

    submitted by /u/-_Chiron_-
    [link] [comments]

    Funny rare Kate respawn line

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 09:47 AM PST

    TC is creating scrabble boards soon?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 02:04 PM PST

    At least im free... (dont take it seriously)

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 03:46 PM PST

    Can't kick people out of my Horde matches for some reason

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 10:08 PM PST

    No idea why. But usually 3 out of the 4 people I can't kick so if they are people who are joining my master game with a low level I have to remake the lobby and hope no noob joins.

    New bug since a few days ago.

    submitted by /u/ghfhfhhhfg9
    [link] [comments]

    anyone else think markza got nerfed too hard?

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 03:46 PM PST

    the boltok absolutely shreds it, the markza extremely weak now

    submitted by /u/kevinS-
    [link] [comments]

    Something isn't right here...

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 05:58 PM PST

    WTF

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 05:13 AM PST

    Gears 5 offline

    Posted: 09 Nov 2019 06:13 PM PST

    Why in God's name can't I even open the game offline? I wanted to play campaign, but I guess not? Wtf

    submitted by /u/ManoloTico98
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment