• Breaking News

    Tuesday, July 20, 2021

    Gears of War | This Week In Gears - 19 July 2021

    Gears of War | This Week In Gears - 19 July 2021


    This Week In Gears - 19 July 2021

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 10:01 AM PDT

    Aspho Fields? More like Tears of War

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 09:34 AM PDT

    Raam walking up behind a random gear like

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 09:46 PM PDT

    PSA for Horde Players.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 11:32 AM PDT

    Several cards and effects in horde have distances on the card, like "increase radius of fear by 6 meters" or "explosive damage within 15 meters stuns for 2.5 seconds" etc.

    This is all well and good, but there isn't actually a way in game to determine what these distances are. However I have some good news.

    As it turns out, level one barriers at max length are EXACTLY 5 meters long, which is actually pretty cool. This lets you lay several barriers end to end to use as a big Ruler to measure distance.

    For example let's say you wanted to play nomad on Overload, but you didn't know if taking "Long Distance" would be worth it on such a small map. Well, head into a match on beginner and measure it out. It might surprise you to know that 15 meters is close enough that you will definitely get the bonus damage for anything on the other side of the room.

    Hope this was helpful.

    submitted by /u/Falkon_Stryke
    [link] [comments]

    Still wish we got the OG drone elites from 4 as a multiplayer skin in 5. I doubt it but maybe OP 8?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 10:39 PM PDT

    "STOP MOCKING ME!"

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 01:49 AM PDT

    For those who play For Honor

    Posted: 20 Jul 2021 02:12 AM PDT

    Newbie needs help: how to do that shot?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    Played a couple games (yes Xbox) working deleted skins and characters works great!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 11:32 PM PDT

    It really was ass kicking time

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 12:16 PM PDT

    Quick thoughts on Gears of War

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 08:58 PM PDT

    So about a month ago I played Gears of War for the first time with my dad and I absolutely loved it. I had so much fun with it. Just a few days ago we started Gears of War 2 and we're having so much fun with it. Yesterday and today I started replaying Gears of War by myself and now I'm noticing a lot of issues with it. This is the original version on 360.

    My first big issue is how clunky the controls are. Everything feels stiff, you snap to cover when you don't want to and don't snap when you want to. Revving up the chainsaw is also somewhat difficult for me. There seems to be input delay on buttons, and when I'm attacked by an enemy and I'm using the lancer, I'm kind of trapped because I just can't get the chainsaw activated. That's not all though, sprinting is a pain because like I said, I seem to snap to cover in places I don't want to. Sometimes the game won't register I'm hitting A until I hit it again, but then it registered two taps so I roll out of cover or into the darkness and get killed by Kryle.

    There's also a huge difficulty spike I've noticed. My first play through was on casual and it was decent enough for us since my dad isn't a hardcore gamer. I tried playing on Hardcore and I've found it massively different than Causal and not in a good way. I've been getting one shotted by stuff like shotguns, Troikas, even melee attacks. But other times I'm cutting down Locusts like I'm playing Doom on easy. Other times the enemy is just too unfair and kills me in cheap ways, like Wretches coming behind me and knocking me out of cover or being pinned down because my squad mates are useless. That's my next point.

    The friendly AI is either helpful or awful. SOMETIMES it'll actually use cover and suppressive fire, and actually fight the enemy. Other times it jumps over an object and runs head first into a machine gun next trying to melee the infantry around it. Or it'll ONLY shoot at what's in front of him, leaving me or itself open to attacks from behind. But then sometimes it's actually a good AI, it'll chainsaw enemies when they get close, throw grenades and cover me and other friendlies.

    I've also found that even on Casual most of these issues are still present. Maybe not the one shot kills but mostly everything else. Sometimes it's really easy and other times I feel like I'm playing Black ops 3 on realistic with no checkpoints. There just doesn't seem to be any consistency with the difficulty. An emergence hole opened but I can't close it because I'm too far away and my squad just ran ahead like an idiot and got gunned down, leaving me stuck trying to get pot shots off because I'll be destroyed by a Troika. I realized that this game was designed as a coop shooter first, and while I really appreciate that, it's just not so much fun playing solo because the game just doesn't really compensate for one player. If you go down it's over, your allies aren't programmed to revive you or each other. It's like Killzone 2 all over again.

    And this stinks because I really like the first game. The atmosphere, the story, the environments, the weapons, the music (especially the main menu!), it's all really good here! It's just not so much fun playing solo because of all these issues, and that really stinks.

    Hopefully Gears of War Ultimate edition has this fixed because I would love to be able to play this game solo and not get super aggravated by the bugs.

    As a whole, I'd say if you're playing with a friend, it's easily a 8.5-9/10. Alone, maybe more like a 6-6.5/10. I don't know maybe I'm just really bad at the game. Can't comment on multiplayer because no bots and I don't have live.

    submitted by /u/Admirable_Elk_965
    [link] [comments]

    Gears of war customization

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 09:54 AM PDT

    What does everyone think of the customization in gears 5? I've been playing the first three quite a bit recently and I really like the look of them you know like no Santa marcus no corny gun camo. I am aware two and three have this but gears 5 you got clayton doing disco emotes and it kind of breaks the immersion for me and the seriousness of it all. EDIT: or am I wrong and this is cool to you?

    submitted by /u/CyberPixelz
    [link] [comments]

    Sniper is for smart campers

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 11:26 PM PDT

    Wonderful world of gears 4

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 10:56 PM PDT

    Got disconnected from Xbox network and got a 41 minute suspension on Gears 4, for the second time, what a wonderful world.

    submitted by /u/Spookymadcat
    [link] [comments]

    Man!! The "final" boss for Act II was so hard!!!

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 01:25 PM PDT

    Forgot to say this was for Gears 5.

    Man!! I honestly can't remember the last time I needed so much time to defeat a boss in a game. I mean, clearly, it's not the final one I assume. But God!!! I died way too many times before I finally realized the shotgun works best. Just need to make sure the ginormous monster falls into the water and freezes. Close up shots to the back did the trick. But man!! It was hard!!! BTW, I'm not a pro gamer.

    Oh hiding behind some of the pillars of ice helped. Especially when the enemy is trying to throw is spikes at you. All I really can say is, dodge, shoot the ice shoot the back, repeat. 😂😂😂

    submitted by /u/steamhyperpolyglot
    [link] [comments]

    Enemies spawning behind/ right on top of me.

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 09:58 PM PDT

    So as someone who just discovered the slugger class, I keep getting blow to kingdom come whenever an enemy spawns on my grenade traps. Not to mention when I'm shooting at something in an isolated place away from the rest of the team and I get shot in the back by a boomshot scion or chainsawed by a palace guard because the game spawned one behind me.

    submitted by /u/thot_chocolate420
    [link] [comments]

    Can I get a quick summary of Gears of War 1?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 02:08 PM PDT

    Re playing the Gears series but I don't have the first game anymore. Can someone just give me a quick summary of the story before I start the 2nd game?

    submitted by /u/jimmyjoohhnnss
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone remove info on screen, old school style?

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 07:49 AM PDT

    Has anyone/does anybody remove the damage bar, damage points when playing horde, an remove boss icon too? I've been playing with them off for a while bringing the vibration back on too. It gives me more of a gears 3 vibe. Also having the basic damage screen as well. I like it now then what I had back in. I wish I can remove the mini map and "you are carrying to much energy, you can use that energy to purchase upgrade". I'd like to make the information smaller on the screen as well that you cannot resize. Does anyone have simular playing experience as I?

    submitted by /u/Shmeediddy
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 3 skorge gameplay

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 03:31 PM PDT

    So yeah skorge was apparently going to be a multiplayer character for gears 3 and you can find like one video on it but I can do a gameplay

    submitted by /u/Kmossxx
    [link] [comments]

    It feels good to back in the regular size Circle

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 07:36 AM PDT

    Gears Pro League Split 3 Phase 2 Day 1 (Week 1) LIVE NOW

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 02:30 PM PDT

    Gears Pro League Split 3 Phase 2 Day 1 (Week 1) LIVE NOW

    📢 Gears Pro League Split 3 Phase 2 Day 1 (Week 1) LIVE 🔴NOW 🔔 at 🖥️ https://live.gearsofwar.com 👀 tune it to earn points for viewing towards Sundered weapon skins (Boomshot and Dropshot this week) and top earners from Phase 1 and 2 of Split will earn Black Steel Kait! 🔐

    Sundered Boomshot and Dropshot

    See my links on my Reddit profile.

    submitted by /u/AceSMcCloud
    [link] [comments]

    Protector is Pretty Fun

    Posted: 19 Jul 2021 04:52 AM PDT

    I decided to play Protector again because I noticed changes towards actually being close combat instead of a failed hybrid of Marksman and Infiltrator and while I died a good bit, I actually had alot of fun. I wish there were more skill cards, especially more focused towards the "Protector" part, but overall I found myself dominating close quaters as long as I got the melee off so the bleed would heal me as I proceeded to wreck house on Locusts and Swarm. Definitely not a serious class to take on a Master run but definitely fun to play for those moments where you just eat ass and chew gum.

    submitted by /u/_ReadyASH_
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment