• Breaking News

    Wednesday, March 17, 2021

    Gears of War | I found this photo on my pc i forgot about from around the gears 5 launch

    Gears of War | I found this photo on my pc i forgot about from around the gears 5 launch


    I found this photo on my pc i forgot about from around the gears 5 launch

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 07:47 PM PDT

    Hivebuster Clayton Carmine!

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 10:35 AM PDT

    Invasion: A reverse Escape where you play Swarm/Locust

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 10:55 PM PDT

    Essentially, it's just a reverse Escape but you play as Swarm/Locust characters.

    Main points: You play Swarm/Locust characters. You have access to the classes (Nomad, Veteran, Combat Medic, Protector to name a few). You take Hive Egg(?) or something to start the hive's growth. You fight to get to the deepest part of the bunker/outpost.

    Enemy: Enemies are COG Gears and Deebees.

    Standard COG Gears function like Drones, Hunters, Snipers, and Grenadiers.

    Onyx Guard function as Elite Drones, Elite Hunters, Elite Snipers, and Elite Grenadiers.

    Deebee's would function how they do in Horde and Escape, only they'd be blue.

    There'd be Trackers (explosive) and Shock Trackers (shock). They'd be blue.

    The most dangerous enemy you could encounter would be a Piloted Silver Back, their weapons would randomize with RL4-Slavos, Tri-Shots, Mulchers, and Cryo Cannons.

    Bosses would be Onyx Guard with classes (Combat Medic, Anchor, Infiltrator, etc.).

    It starts like this: You start in a snowy forest (like escape), but rather than getting captured, your Locust/Swarm takes a knee and a tentacle bursts out of the ground in front of them. It drops an egg (or something) and retracts into the ground. Your character picks the egg up and walks into the forest.

    Gameplay starts with you and your team outside the landing pad, around the sides. Here you can find weapons that were placed there. After you open the doors and start fighting your way in and through the COG. Once you reach the decontamination room, you have to get around it by going through a vent or some other passage (this would actually explain how the decontamination room fails in Escape).

    The Finish: Your team reach the deepest part of the bunker/outpost and plant the eggs (or whatever they use), and they leave the bunker/outpost-turning-hive.

    This would be an awesome game mode to have, it would also make better use of the Swarm/Locust skins and characters. Hope something like this gets added to Gears 6 or even get added in the next big update for Gears 5.

    OP Note: The poll's 'Yes' and 'No' vote options are quotes from the Theron Guard.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/Aizzec
    [link] [comments]

    I wish they would bring back the Golden Hunter/ Golden Miner skin I loved these back in Gears 3

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 12:35 PM PDT

    Never buy a gaming laptop...

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 02:44 PM PDT

    Why active reloading matters

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 11:54 AM PDT

    I don’t get why TC was so against their drone elite design from 4 but yet they continue to add him in images and trailers for gears 5.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 12:10 PM PDT

    1 v 4 Guardian Gamemode

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 10:43 PM PDT

    FPS Issues PC

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 02:00 AM PDT

    Hello fellow grubs and cog I am having issues with the fps in this game and have come to the reddit for help.

    I can run the benchmark with most of my settings at medium and having v-sync off with my base framerate at none and max at unlimited. The benchmark is telling me an average of about 55fps.

    Except when I go into a Coop vs Ai match or anything really it plummets to as low as 20fps when I am turning or up close and trying to gnasher battle. I have disabled firewalls, antivirus, run as admin, used Geforce Experience to optimize Gears 5 (this does change my settings to high normally but I lower them again) as well as update my drivers and yet nothing seems to work. I have also tried enabling v-sync however it seemed to do nothing to alleviate the issue.

    I've done a fresh install as well.

    Here are my specs (please be gentle I'm new to pc gaming and this is also a laptop)

    My laptop is an MSI GF65 Thin 9SD

    Geforce GTX 1660 Ti

    Driver version is 461.92

    intel i7-9750h CPU 2.60GHz

    8gigs of Ram

    my resolution is able to be 1920 x 1080 with a 144hz monitor. I am using the laptops base monitor it isn't plugged in to anything.

    Please I'm begging you to help me. I have done everything I could think of to fix it. It wasn't doing this a week or so ago and now it's just unbearable.

    Now if my little laptop just isn't up to the match then please be blunt and tell me I need to upgrade. i was never able to get it to 60fps myself it usually hovered around 50 but it was stable.

    submitted by /u/GreatPugtato
    [link] [comments]

    Skins in the store

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 04:09 AM PDT

    How do you know which skins will become available to purchase for gold rather than iron. At the minute in the new section there is a winter drone skin for 250 iron. I want it but I'd rather not spend the iron if it will be available for 2000 gold next week

    submitted by /u/Jon_Starkgaryen
    [link] [comments]

    Yes. This the chrome bolter��

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 10:19 AM PDT

    Is it time to say goodbye to the Speaker?

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 03:42 AM PDT

    Now with the Release of Operation 6 and the subsequent reveal/release of the newly crowned Queen of the Swarm (Spoilers) as a playable character for Multiplayer, Is it time to say goodbye to the Ugly bastard we love to curb stomp, The Speaker from the "Guardian" gamemode.

    View Poll

    submitted by /u/DR34Dfulboss
    [link] [comments]

    If your opponent gets two double kills(downs) in a row, even your DBNO body is worth something.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 10:50 AM PDT

    Mega Mech - Re-colour (2nd Attempt)

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 02:33 PM PDT

    Just a worry.

    Posted: 17 Mar 2021 02:43 AM PDT

    We all want more maps more often after how slowly we got maps.. but at this point in the games life cycle surely it's going to be the slowest output of maps? I think we might get one map for op 7 and that will be it. I know they said more content more often.. but hasn't each operation over promised the following one? Not being able to play fuel depot, mansion, raven down on gears really fucking sucks man

    submitted by /u/Beersandcarmine
    [link] [comments]

    Classic Clayton Skin

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 10:46 PM PDT

    I am glad we now have the collectors skin because at least some of Clayton's armour is black but I still want the OG Gears of War 3 V-Day skin for Clay.

    I just took a closer look at his hollow storm skin and noticed he still uses the old man default Clayton model because his arm has age spots.

    Please TC, get the cannon skins in first.

    submitted by /u/EafieeTeafiee
    [link] [comments]

    (Noob) Question about Horde in Gears 5

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 07:37 AM PDT

    I've been reading forums about tips and tactics for playing Horde. It seems a lot of the experienced players get pissed when people do dumb shit (moving fabricator to a bad spot, building sentry turrets before forges, building stuff before first tap appears, putting wrong guns in weapons locker, etc.)

    So my question is why does no one talk in these matches? It's rare that I'm ever able to strike up a conversation with someone. As a noob, I'm happy for you to tell me what to build and we should be helping each other.

    EDIT: I wanted to say how wholesome this thread has become with everyone sharing awesome tips! I keep reading about the Gears community being toxic but I haven't seen any of that. You're all badass bosses.

    EDITED AGAIN: Didn't mention I'm on Xbox so I don't have the option to type messages to people. I'm relying solely on my ears and mouth!

    submitted by /u/CosmicBunBun
    [link] [comments]

    I used all of my luck for this

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 11:23 AM PDT

    COG and Outsiders both being equally stubborn and stupid lots of problems

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 09:14 PM PDT

    Is it just me or both sides were so equally stubborn and stupid that they can't even try to negotiate peacefully with each other and caused lots of problems like people going missing and started pointing fingers at each other without any evidence?

    Sure they don't like each other but it's not hard to give evidence that either side isn't involved in any way and when one side tries to negotiate with the other the other does something stupid that breaks down negotiations.

    Let's not forget how Delmont and Kait even abandoned James and treated him badly after he told about the situation where the rioters became violent and started throwing incendiary that he had no choice but to open fire to protect themselves. It's a very grey area where both sides were wrong in what they did but even after telling the truth they still abandoned him.

    I mean they could have just said to him that there are times where we have to make very hard decisions.

    submitted by /u/Spikeheadboy
    [link] [comments]

    Whit team ice???? (Glitch)

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 05:57 PM PDT

    Chrome Steel Jermad, the closest skin to Black Steel, will be in the E-Sports shop for the next couple of weeks. If you're at all interested, watch some gameplay with the skin, as the images/preview in-game do not show it off very well.

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 11:06 PM PDT

    I passed on it last year, when it was first available, and regretted not picking it up once I saw some footage of it, in-game.

    I bought it immediately, today, and it really reminds me of the Black Steel skins. If you are not into the look of the Chrome Steel skins, this skin might actually be one you'd enjoy using until Gears 6.

    Check out the video, on YT, from "Cog Couple."

    submitted by /u/cmchaunce
    [link] [comments]

    Oldhead Returning. Are the ol' Shotgun Duel days gone?

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 01:54 PM PDT

    Played a few online games on Gears 5 today...first time playing Gears since probably 3 in terms of online. Just a fun question to ask; does anyone still participate in the occasional "shotgun duel" where someone melees the air to initiate said duel? Tried a few times and it seems no one understands anymore.

    submitted by /u/creator787
    [link] [comments]

    RAAM

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 08:38 AM PDT

    Is he a Drone class or a Theron class? He looks like a Drone but sounds like a beefy Theron.

    submitted by /u/BlueChris93
    [link] [comments]

    Toxic Weapon Set

    Posted: 16 Mar 2021 12:51 PM PDT

    So when Gears 5 started I didn't really enjoy it as much as I do today. I didn't know that there were awesome rewards you can earn via Escape so I didn't really earn any until around Operation 2-3 and that's when I found out about the Hivebuster and Arid Gale skins but I was too late to jump on the train though I didn't earn a couple of them at least. One weapon skin set that I almost did complete was the Toxic one which is simple but nice. I remember I achieved Top 3% or 5% for each weekly hive during the whole operation though when I apply the weapon skins I'm missing the Retro, Enforcer, and Hammerburst. I know for a fact that they never released those in a hive because I completed every single one with a group of friends and they unlocked the same skins as well.

    It sucks because that is one of my favorite weapon skin set and looks weird when I use certain classes where I'm missing a weapon skin for that specific weapon (i.e. Pilot with Enforcer). It's not a big deal but it would have been nice if they had released it during a featured hive or given it to those who earned most of the weapon skins from the set. I hope they don't release it in the shop and can eventually come around to it and release it either to those who own the skins like they did with the Pink Camo or feature a hive with those skins as reward. Anyways let me know what weapon skins you wish you had earned when they appeared in Escape or if you're in the same boat that I am. Cheers everyone.

    submitted by /u/DoughboyVasquez
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment