• Breaking News

    Friday, November 20, 2020

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 20, 2020)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 20, 2020)


    Daily Discussion (November 20, 2020)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:06 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Ok going to try this again, new to Reddit and was posting these the wrong way yesterday, this is an album of the Gears wall sculptures that I have done in the past.

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 03:25 AM PST

    Gears 5 on Series X looks crazy, can't wait to see how Gears 6 looks in the future!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:02 PM PST

    We Wait

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:06 PM PST

    Gears 5 $9.99!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 08:11 PM PST

    Heroic Marcus Skin - unlocks after getting all Heroic weapon skins

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:38 AM PST

    Wanted to joke about the kantilus scream expression shortly after I was disappointed that other characters didn't scream

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 06:54 PM PST

    My Collection & Gaming Setup!!! How do you like it?��♉️❤️��

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:46 AM PST

    New Locust combat tactics

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 05:41 PM PST

    Hollow Storm Clayton and Desert Swarm

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 12:38 PM PST

    These bubbleheads can be legitimately scary

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:12 AM PST

    All Upcoming Skins (simple list below)

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 12:53 AM PST

    Gears of War Ultimate - Colors Breakdown

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:18 AM PST

    Keep this momentum going TC

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:40 PM PST

    I fell off quick after gears 5 came out. Basically skipped op 2 and 3. Started getting interested once I heard about op 4. Played and enjoyed op 4. Maybe the lambent and River hit a nostalgic chord in Op 5, but all these changes and improvements from listening to the community have been amazing. Coming from a veteran gears player... shit, I've been playing this franchise half my life (excuse me while I have a midlife crisis), this is a breath of fresh air for the game

    Thanks TC for turning gears 5 around for me and I think quite a few others and I hope you guys can keep this positive momentum going into gears 6

    submitted by /u/gamerscore1227
    [link] [comments]

    Shoutout to those who pick people up. Worked out for one team, not so much the other...

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 10:45 AM PST

    Am i the only one sad about Dizzy's hat not falling off when getting shot at?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 02:46 PM PST

    So i think one of my favourite things was seeing dizzy in bandana mode after getting shot at, and seeing the hat fall off. But in gears 5 it just is glued to his head, don't know why but it kinda is alien in a way.

    and me and my brother tested this with most of the weapons (except longshot and embar and one shot weapons basically) nothing shoots it off, am i the only one noticing this? feels a bit like a missing feature on this character. especially since he costs iron, he feels like a downgrade in a way from gears 2/3. i appreciated those little touches.

    submitted by /u/DavidTIkwaArt
    [link] [comments]

    There's always someone not playing

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 01:16 AM PST

    That's it, the title says it all. There is always some piece of shit AFK in my games. Maybe not always, but I would confidently say 1 out of 3 matches I play there is someone either not playing or they only play for quick spurts then go back to not playing. Then I started playing ranked and thought surely no one would go AFK in ranked. Fucking wrong, it's the same shit in ranked. Is there no system to kick AFK players or is it just super lax? I can't tell you how many games have been fucked over by some cunt not playing. I play KOTH the majority of the time so even a bot is a good distraction for the objective. But yeah, I feel like if you don't play for a full two minutes you should get kicked. And if you do it enough there should be a penalty. I can understand small distractions that might cause you to go AFK for a bit, but I guarantee the majority of players doing it just don't give a shit. That's about it, if you AFK often in matches go fuck yourself.

    submitted by /u/Breesive
    [link] [comments]

    I'm really liking 4v4

    Posted: 20 Nov 2020 02:11 AM PST

    Now I'm not a higher level Ranked Player and don't know how the meta has changed. Plus I understand its been this way since Gears 2. But I feel like the TDM and KOTH matches iv been playing have been way more fun now that it's less chaotic. It feels less like I'm throwing myself at the other team and you're just not being murdered at all sides. Kinda feels like what drew me to Gears in the first place back in 2006. Matches feel more tense rather than hectic.

    It feels like maybe 5v5 was just a way to make Single Life modes in Gears 2 more dynamic, perhaps, and it's just a legacy thing that wasn't given much thought when it comes to Team Modes. Now that Respawn modes dominate Gears I feel having 2 less people on the Map keep things more focused. And requires a bit more teamwork.

    submitted by /u/aphidman
    [link] [comments]

    Don't think these people got the memo about the development team.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 09:48 AM PST

    Will Locust ever be added to Horde?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:27 PM PST

    Swarm AI is terribly easy. They just walk towards you and thats it. Never aggressive, never smart.

    I hope the coalition spices this up with Locust in horde or some better AI. PLEASE.

    submitted by /u/Armani201
    [link] [comments]

    When healing goes wrong

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 05:01 PM PST

    Decided to make a fantasy OP5 Tour unlocks, which celebrates Gears of War 2 and Tactics a bit more than TC did. Do you believe this would be deemed as too much "free" content?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 10:33 PM PST

    Is it just me or does Anya’s look a little bit weird?

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 11:55 PM PST

    No one gonna talk about this?!

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 05:32 PM PST

    Gotta say, Daddy is eloquent.

    Posted: 19 Nov 2020 03:01 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment