• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 27, 2020

    Gears of War | Snapped a photo of my Gears of War console and controller collection

    Gears of War | Snapped a photo of my Gears of War console and controller collection


    Snapped a photo of my Gears of War console and controller collection

    Posted: 26 May 2020 03:36 PM PDT

    “HOMINID SLAUGHTER”

    Posted: 26 May 2020 01:06 PM PDT

    Blink and you’ll miss it

    Posted: 27 May 2020 03:18 AM PDT

    Marcus found a new locust

    Posted: 26 May 2020 06:58 PM PDT

    Fix your game TC

    Posted: 27 May 2020 03:14 AM PDT

    Yep

    Posted: 26 May 2020 07:34 AM PDT

    A neat little double I hit a few hours ago on osok

    Posted: 27 May 2020 03:12 AM PDT

    Daily Discussion (May 27, 2020)

    Posted: 27 May 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Yeet

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    The game needs Op 4 now

    Posted: 26 May 2020 11:15 AM PDT

    The player count is down to an abysmal amount. This game was meant to put Gears out there again but it did not. Go check any website that tracks the Xbox API and look at the player count for this game. It's really low.

    It's sad to see the state it's in just when it was getting better. That 1 month delay for Op 3 really didn't do anything. Now because Covid 19 I have low hopes for Op 4 and most of the new changes we are expecting probably won't be seen till Op5. Game will be a year old by then.

    This game hurt the franchise.

    This is not a gears 5 hate post. I love the game and I've been playing almost everyday since launch. I just want to start a discussion about how low the player count is and it's really started to impact the game. A new ranked system won't fix the matchmaking if the player count is so low. Glad TC accepted that they messed up but honestly, the damage is done. They messed up big time and failed to Embrace gears and have a good tutorial for new players. When all the noobs and a lot of OG's left you really do start asking yourself if Gears is a dying franchise.

    submitted by /u/MsgtWoods
    [link] [comments]

    What happened

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:41 AM PDT

    Why did Coalition think it's a good idea to make Gears 5 a cash stealer and direct it more towards Esports instead of listening to their fans? I've been a very big Gears fan for as long as I remember. It was the first game I ever saw on the 360 amd the first game I ever played on the 360. This game is basically my whole childhood and ever since Gears 5, I feel like it's just a whole different game. They made it feel like it was made for kids. Like, there's no gore in the game unless you like red jello, it's not as dark and creepy as the originals and the whole mechanics in the game just feel bleh. Like it's almost impossible to compete with someone when you hit them for 98% and at the same distance they one shot you. All I ever do anymore is just get pissed of because of dumb scenarios like that. They even took out most of the popular game modes like wing man and even guardian. I feel like they just care about filling their wallets rather than pleasing the community. For all those who like the game and enjoy it on a daily basis, that's fine, more power to you. I really wish they would go back to basics and make Gears what Gears used to be⚙💀

    submitted by /u/MorMilk
    [link] [comments]

    Ben and Anthony armor

    Posted: 26 May 2020 10:12 PM PDT

    Have you guys realized that young baird has the gears q remastered armor and Anthony and Benjamin don't?

    submitted by /u/iRamak
    [link] [comments]

    I just got Gears 5, why is chainsaw on reload?! If you get staggered while having the chainsaw raised you’re forced into a reload when you release the button. How was this a better choice?!

    Posted: 26 May 2020 08:15 AM PDT

    Their only reasoning I've found is so you can aim while revving, who the hell thought this was a problem in all the previous gears games? Come on TC, don't "fix" what's not broken. Just make holding melee chainsaw, I'm capable of holding the controller in a comfortable manner and aim my damn chainsaw. But I can't control a forced reload at every failed attempt

    submitted by /u/KSI_SpacePeanut
    [link] [comments]

    How often does everyone else play? We have a gears of war night almost every Saturday.

    Posted: 26 May 2020 04:53 PM PDT

    Fahz I think is underrated in horde

    Posted: 26 May 2020 01:15 PM PDT

    Last night I was playing horde on insane as Fahz at level 14. I was consistently at the same damage as the JD I was playing with and we beat all 50 waves. Not to mention getting headshots is clutch on insane because of the execution rules. My cards aren't even that good and I was on pace with JD in damage, I'm still kinda surprised. Unless that JD sucked..... anyway I'm sick of getting kicked just cause I'm Fahz. He's good for insta-killing big enemies and getting critical hits on bosses.

    submitted by /u/Ironclad_Calves
    [link] [comments]

    Best escape character?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:00 PM PDT

    I've really gotten into escape recently and wanted to get opinions on which character is best

    submitted by /u/FriscoFelon
    [link] [comments]

    I Hit An Ocho Like 2 Weeks Ago

    Posted: 27 May 2020 02:56 AM PDT

    Book questions

    Posted: 26 May 2020 09:50 PM PDT

    Does anyone have all the books? I have the first three from DelRey publishing I think? I know it changed for the coalition and the slab. Anywho. My question is. Are the last 2 books different sizes? I want to get the paperback on amazon but noticed that it's classified as Mass Market Paper back. Having trouble finding the slab but I think the size for that is also different. Any help is appreciated.

    submitted by /u/Logt689
    [link] [comments]

    Interaction between Baird and DB

    Posted: 26 May 2020 01:45 PM PDT

    Has anyone come across any interactions between Baird and the DB MP character? Seems fitting that they would have that with each other either after a revive or a headshot.

    submitted by /u/Lobobro
    [link] [comments]

    Does anyone know what wave and difficulty Wardens spawn on?

    Posted: 27 May 2020 12:53 AM PDT

    And if anyone knows about the waves that two spawn on don't be afraid to let me know

    submitted by /u/legitness342
    [link] [comments]

    Are engineers supposed to just get most of all the kills with the sentries, making everyone (except JD) just healers?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 08:43 AM PDT

    For the current times I decided to just play tons of Horde, leveling every character up, playing on Inconceivable and Masters etc.

    Most of the times, whoever was engineer (Del or Baird) would just place like 3 sentries at the front of the defenses and would get MVP like 9 out of 10 waves, killing most of the stuff. Issue was that only engineer and JD got most of the kills, while Jack was being forced to go melt weapons every single wave just to have that energy go to the engineer recharging the sentries each wave. Sometimes we (the other 2 people who weren't engineer, JD or Jack) didn't even had lockers to store our weapons, lol.

    Not sure about people's opinions but for me ( a casual player who mostly only played PvP on Gears 4 and Gears 5 previous to these times) it sucked the fun out of me..

    When it was my turn to Engineer matches, I would instead (after tons of barriers were built to defend) place tons of Sentinels at the BACK of the base, only in case we got overruned by enemies, or to kill the Guardians and similar enemies. Also gave everyone their own locker. Despite most of the people doing minimal damage (except JD) I could tell they were having fun killing stuff with Tri Shots.. And not just sitting at the back watching my turrets kill almost everything..

    Also, by not going every single wave to reload the front sentries, I had tons of energy to get even more sentries at the back.. Compared to the other engineers who only had enough energy to maintain the 3 front sentries.. Without any backup in case of Guardians or such..

    If anything, if I saw us constantly going down on Claws or something, I may place sentries at the front for like the final 10 waves, only if I saw we constantly getting nearly killed.. And to me, this way everyone had fun killing stuff, not just me and JD.

    Why do most engineers just want to get most of the kills, while doing so in exchange of weaker defenses and sucking the fun out of the 2 other people? (the ones that aren't Jack, JD and the engineer).

    TL; DR. Most engineers I have met place their sentries to kill most of the stuff, without letting the other people on the match (except JD) have fun. I did the opposite on Masters (let everyone do some kills and Sentries only placed at the back as final defenses) and felt this way everyone was having fun. Which is the best thing to do? Why do engineers like killing most of the stuff at the cost of having to spend the Energy Jack provides just loading the same 3 sentries instead of having an army of sentries (like 10 or so) at the back?

    submitted by /u/P4TiTuS
    [link] [comments]

    Ice Scions?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 01:37 PM PDT

    I need one more weapon for the reduce, reuse, recycle achievement which is the cryo cannon but cannot for the life of me seem to get an ice scion. I skip to wave 9 and I get everything but so am I just having really bad luck or am I missing something?

    submitted by /u/CynderDragon
    [link] [comments]

    What’s your favourite Gears of War 3 campaign walk through on YouTube?

    Posted: 26 May 2020 07:05 PM PDT

    I'm trying to get a nostalgia trip so I'm looking for a let's play. I prefer no commentary, and that they actually know how to play the game lol. Also, 1080p is preferred but not essential.

    submitted by /u/Tmac_animal
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment