• Breaking News

    Wednesday, May 6, 2020

    Gears of War | Gears 5 | Hotfix Update: TU 5.1.1

    Gears of War | Gears 5 | Hotfix Update: TU 5.1.1


    Gears 5 | Hotfix Update: TU 5.1.1

    Posted: 05 May 2020 11:03 AM PDT

    [Gears Tactics] That's one way to get Marcus in the game...

    Posted: 05 May 2020 03:46 PM PDT

    Always a Gear

    Posted: 05 May 2020 10:52 PM PDT

    My unfinished longshot drawing. give me some feedback.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 03:05 PM PDT

    what kind of sorcery is this

    Posted: 05 May 2020 03:30 PM PDT

    Took a break from tactics to finish my tour

    Posted: 05 May 2020 08:56 PM PDT

    [Gears Tactics] The "colourblind modes" are an embarrassment. Instead of fixing the UI colours, they just change the colours of everything which doesn't help and makes everything look worse.

    Posted: 06 May 2020 03:17 AM PDT

    Would Anyone Like These? (see comments)

    Posted: 05 May 2020 12:43 PM PDT

    Missing skins from last weekend (NOT the Wyvern Gnasher, you have to check in on 5/8-10 to get that skin) reach out to them on Twitter.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 04:04 PM PDT

    (Username - Onyx Johnth) Anyone want to sqaud up I need a full sqaud to help me grind to masters just asking for some friends in the subreddit

    Posted: 05 May 2020 11:29 PM PDT

    Anyone find it frustrating sorting out loadout

    Posted: 06 May 2020 04:05 AM PDT

    I've really only just started playing so it's pretty likely that i'm just doing it wrong. But I feel like i don't have a good way to check if i have better equipment for my guys, i have to click to each equipment type and check the options. And then repeat for other units.

    Am i just doing this wrong?

    submitted by /u/haroldHoltSwimClub
    [link] [comments]

    Is gears 4 alive?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 03:39 AM PDT

    Im almost buying gears 4 but im not sure yet , is gears 4 alive ad populated in 2020?

    submitted by /u/saposstax
    [link] [comments]

    Daily Discussion (May 06, 2020)

    Posted: 06 May 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    OP 3 Feedback and was waiting 4 months worth it. Short answer is No.

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:01 PM PDT

    u/OctusTC 3 months wait for that terrible map pahanu. Please never let the team make a map like that again. It looks nice but it's just a massive crossfire shitfest. It's horrible gameplay wise.

    It might benefit from the movement in OP 2 but since we play on a new game every month I doubt that's gonna happen

    In all honesty the map is just a 0/10. I don't know how it got passed through testing.

    We waited an extra month after 3 months to have nothing really fixed. More bugs, a terrible game for the first 2 weeks of OP 3, 1 map we've played for more than 10 years with no changes to its environment and a map somehow worse then icebound.

    I used to play gears 5 for 3 hours a day I think. Now I play 1 to 3 KOTH games and call it quits. Very disappointed. You are fixing ranked after 8 months during which you said it's fine until you finally listened to what the community said.

    I expect a fix for the amount of UI bugs since launch and the new ones in maybe year 1. I'm trying not to be rude but that's how I feel. This game should get a re release with series X and hopefully it's good then but content is dry AF.

    This game looks like BF5 imo.

    If the series X launches and gears 5 still played the same it did since OP 3 and the map count is abysmal then I'm afraid this game is a massive failure. You guys should really spend 3 years+ on this game (that's if you can keep people playing 3 years on and considering how the first year is going I Doubt that) to make it a good game and then work on 6. I doubt this too as MS will probably milk Gears 6.

    I like TC, they communicate clearer than any other dev I know. You can actually interact with devs. Some of them seem to have a great passion for gears and you don't really get that a lot. That being said I can review this game in it's entirety and it won't be good. OP 2 was the best I had so much fucking fun. Got my buddy into gears and he's onyx now so that's good. I played for hours a day. OP 3 killed any hope I have from you guys and I don't see that being changed any time soon. I'm sorry.

    submitted by /u/MsgtWoods
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 started crashing RECENTLY on PC within 10 minutes of playing multiplayer

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:16 PM PDT

    Is anyone else having this problem? I was playing the game successfully with no issues for about a month. Now within the last one to two weeks the game freezes then crashes without fail about 6 to 7 minutes after joining an online match.

    So far I have;

    • Tried to find the "pre-cache" option in video or game settings and I see that it is no longer there. [My game loading behavior has changed. It use to spin up my CPU (i7 6700K) to 100% for about a minute and then load the game. This should be the game loading all textures/shaders/etc into VRAM/DRAM (whatever is actually does I cannot attest to). But now, it just loads the game quickly and then when I join a match the screen is super blurry until it refreshes textures within a few seconds.]
    • Reset Windows Store Cache [wsreset.exe]
    • Tried playing without a browser running+ Installed "Ultra Shaders Package" in game video settings
    • Verified Windows 10 Pro version 1906 Build 18363.815 (latest)+Verified latest NVIDIA drivers for RTX 2070 Super [version 445.87] Maybe this latest driver update started causing this. The timing does match up. I am going to try to roll back to the previous driver and see what this does.]
    • Re-installed NVIDIA drivers
    • Submitted a ticket to Gears 5 technical support for crashing and this was included in their response, "Current estimated response time for Gears 5 contact is greater than 14 days (not including weekends and holidays). [...]" so I'm pretty much deeming the developer game support useless.
    • Stopped MSI Afterburner & Core Temp before launching game [and while running]
    • Disabled NVIDIA Shadow Play In-Game Overlay
    • Turned off Microsoft Realtime Scanning
    • Ran previous NVIDIA driver 442.74 [fresh re-install]
    • Launched from Xbox Companion App
    • Launched from Xbox Beta App
    • Enabled diagnostic.log [at the very bottom of video settings] which seems useless.
      • File contents is;

    Diagnostic Log File (2020.05.05-16.14.41) Build Version: 1.1.220.0 (8796017) [OS] OS Version: Windows 10.0.18363 OS Subversion: [Hardware] CPU Vendor: GenuineIntel CPU Brand: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz Total RAM: 32.00 GB [Graphics] Adapter Name: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER Driver Version: 445.87 Internal Driver Version: 26.21.14.4587 Driver Date: 4-3-2020 Vendor ID: 10DE Device ID: 1E84 Revision ID: A1 Total VRAM: 8.00 GB [Scalability Settings] GPU Perf Index: 180.00 CPU Perf Index: 148.00 Desktop Resolution: 2560 x 1440 Resolution Scale: 100.00 Vsync: 0 Min Framerate: 3 Max Framerate: 4 ApplicationQuality: Low AudioQuality: Ultra ViewDistanceQuality: Ultra AntiAliasingQuality: Low ShadowQuality: Ultra PostProcessQuality: Low TextureQuality: Low EffectsQuality: Low BloomQuality: Ultra DOFQuality: Ultra MotionBlurQuality: Medium SubSurfaceScatteringQuality: Medium CapsuleShadowQuality: Ultra ScreenSpaceShadowQuality: Ultra LightShaftQuality: Ultra LensFlareQuality: Ultra TextureFilteringQuality: Ultra WorldLODQuality: Ultra CharacterLODQuality: Ultra AnimationQuality: Medium DynamicResolutionScalingQuality: Low GrassDrawDistanceQuality: Ultra ScreenSpaceReflectionsQuality: Ultra ReflectionCaptureActorsQuality: Medium RefractionQuality: Medium AmbientOcclusionQuality: Ultra VolumetricFogQuality: Ultra TessellationQuality: Ultra ConeStepMappingQuality: Ultra TranslucencyQuality: Ultra CharacterTextureDetailQuality: Ultra WorldTextureDetailQuality: Ultra EffectsTextureDetailQuality: Ultra TextureStreamingQuality: Ultra AsyncComputeQuality: Medium TiledResourcesQuality: Medium LevelStreamingQuality: Low TCDrawCalls: Low DestructibleFX: QualityLevelUnknown FootstepFX: Ultra ObjectPoolQuality: Low 

    Update

    Found an event viewer application fault, event id 1000 that just says that the game crashed. First time it said the faulting module path was a RivaTuner dll so I stopped RivaTuner. Second time it was a C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll so it seems like a wild goose chase to track down any reason to that.

    Application fault 1

    Windows Application Error Event ID 1000 Faulting application name: Gears5.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ea7b442 Faulting module name: RTSSHooks64.dll, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5c83708c Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x000000000000c0f4 Faulting process id: 0x5914 Faulting application start time: 0x01d6235f6b1d5397 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.220.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame\Binaries\WinStore\Gears5.exe Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\RivaTuner Statistics Server\RTSSHooks64.dll Report Id: 29e59a97-736d-4a0f-9e62-9cad584096f2 Faulting package full name: Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.220.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Faulting package-relative application ID: GearGameShippingInternal 

    Application Fault 2

    Faulting application name: Gears5.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x5ea7b442 Faulting module name: d3d11.dll, version: 10.0.18362.387, time stamp: 0x7e72d1cb Exception code: 0xc0000005 Fault offset: 0x00000000000b3452 Faulting process id: 0x5040 Faulting application start time: 0x01d62360e1f0d1f7 Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.220.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\GearGame\Binaries\WinStore\Gears5.exe Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\d3d11.dll Report Id: 91052ddb-1b6c-44bb-9318-24ee4afdcdba Faulting package full name: Microsoft.HalifaxBaseGame_1.1.220.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe Faulting package-relative application ID: GearGameShippingInternal 

    submitted by /u/zerogt
    [link] [comments]

    Character challenges

    Posted: 05 May 2020 07:47 PM PDT

    This has probably been brought up before but what do we think about the new challenges for getting characters? Like personally, I think it was a rational thing to do, making them less demanding and restricting it to only Operation 3 characters. But I prefer the idea of all the characters getting a change of this sort, maybe not to the extent it was but a change. You could bring up the argument that people genuinely grinded or bought these characters and implementing these changes would've taken away the sense of accomplishment or satisfaction from having these characters. Maybe i am just a lazy dude, but this is my opinion on the matter.

    submitted by /u/jos_086
    [link] [comments]

    Game chat not working on PC

    Posted: 06 May 2020 12:43 AM PDT

    Hey guys was just wondering if anyone else was having trouble with their game chat working? I can hear people in game if they are talking but I can't talk back at all. I have push to talk off and game chat on. Also my of pc says gears 5 is using my microphone. And it works fine with all the other games I play. If anyone has suggestions to fix it I'd really appreciate it :D

    submitted by /u/EntwinedRoses
    [link] [comments]

    Playing through the Gears campaign after Tactics, why do we put clothes on our DeeBee robots?

    Posted: 05 May 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Just playing through gears 4 and 5 after tactics, and loving the lore and watched all the cutscenes and wiki pages for previous Gears.

    However, why the fuck does the DeeBees have clothes? Seems like a waste of money given budget constraints?

    Also why did Jinn spend millions of dollar chasing us in Gears of War 4. Like, a conversation or just give up after the first few airships were down. How much money did she waste there? Making planes and robots can't be cheap. With only one large country, I can't see how they can afford to buy that many robots and planes.

    submitted by /u/Kingflares
    [link] [comments]

    Serious Question about Gears 5 Tour of Duty

    Posted: 05 May 2020 03:28 PM PDT

    I haven't found anything online so I'm asking the only other place I know. I wasn't here for the first two tour of duties and I was wondering if anyone knows if the skins from those tours rotate through the store or will be available again? It seems pretty punishing to late players to make those skins exclusive.

    submitted by /u/TheQuiet1994
    [link] [comments]

    Okay but how do you beat Ukkon?

    Posted: 06 May 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I feel forced to use all my AP to dodge the missiles instead of fighting the Hydra or the Locust. If I Overwatch, I get the Hydra's Cripple debuff. If I fight the Locust, I can't dodge the missiles. If I move to dodge the missiles, I leave myself open to the Locust. If I attack the launchers, all of the above.

    It just feels awful and worthless. I've changed the setup so many times now and I'm running out of resets. I wasn't expecting to be easy, but it shouldn't feel so impossible.

    submitted by /u/therealrossboss
    [link] [comments]

    Lost my skills

    Posted: 05 May 2020 09:06 AM PDT

    Does anybody else feel like they've lost their skills on Gears? I feel like I don't have anymore confidence in myself to keep playing. What do you do in that situation?

    submitted by /u/OG-Titan94
    [link] [comments]

    Execution

    Posted: 05 May 2020 05:18 PM PDT

    The only game mode I mained and now I haven't played since it was taken out. Any news on if it will ever be out back ? I wouldn't mind playing gridiron but I can't deal with the social type kids who don't have movement, no idea what's going on etc. Any news on exe

    submitted by /u/alwaysjayded
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment