• Breaking News

    Friday, February 7, 2020

    Gears of War | What's Up – February 6th 2020

    Gears of War | What's Up – February 6th 2020


    What's Up – February 6th 2020

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 02:40 PM PST

    Daily Discussion (February 07, 2020)

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Damn for a static skin it’s pretty clean

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 03:52 PM PST

    Games been out for early 6 months but feels like I’m still waiting for it to be released...

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:54 PM PST

    Anybody feel like there's just a gaping hole missing? Like the game is there without actually being there.

    It's this hollow play pit.

    What do you think?

    submitted by /u/HotPotato712
    [link] [comments]

    1 vs 3 clutch w/claw. Gun is OP but fun to use.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:03 PM PST

    How are there so many serious bugs in Gears 5?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 11:34 PM PST

    This was originally a rant about Horde mode and lack of host migration ingame, but there are so many issues with multiplayer...Seriously, they had host migration in Horde in Gears 4. The game would pause until the host changed and Horde mode would continue as normal. In Gears 5 every time the host quits everyone is booted back to the lobby and then a new host is chosen there.

    I got this game on Gamepass a couple of weeks ago. How are so many aspects of this game backwards compared to previous ones? Rank is broken. Lizzie's ult can kick everyone back to the lobby. Replacing or gaining additional daily quests after the first four costs iron, an ingame currency you have to pay for with real money? I could understand costing scrap, but iron? Really?

    That is just a few things. This game has been out for months. How do they have such serious bugs in this game?

    submitted by /u/Pokemonsterpoacher
    [link] [comments]

    Unlocking characters

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 10:44 PM PST

    I scrolled through this sub and couldn't find an answer so I was gonna see if you all could help me out. I'm trying to unlock cog gears and have about 50% completed in the challenges so far. What I'm confused about is the horde requirement. Is it 50 consecutive waves or just total? I finished 20 waves by myself and quit to see if any progress was made which there wasn't. I also have the totem unlocked. Thanks for anyone who helps!

    submitted by /u/Jaredoth
    [link] [comments]

    First day back in gears 5

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 10:59 PM PST

    (LONG READ) First day back in gears and I'm having mixed feelings, mostly positive tho. I know the games been trashed on time and time again but I was willing to look past it (plus I haven't played multiplayer as much as 4) so basically my first game was rough I was doing REALLY GOOD well at least in my opinion, but I got disconnected right away alright no big deal. Then I came across operation 2 and the price was 18.00. Now idk if that's a good price but imma assume it's unreasonable. There one issue I have with shotguns I'm not sure if it's a big thing anymore or if anyone had the same experiences but sometimes it feels like my bullets don't connect, but other times it connects perfectly fine at the same distance. Another thing is really not with the game but the community goddamn it is Annoying to deal with in terms of in game, idk about other people but I usually just think of casual as just to have fun and chill out but if you wanna get real with the game you go to ranked (even tho I heard it's fucked) but in any case it's nothing too stupid just annoying. I wanna get back into gears but I know it's gonna be a bumpy ride.

    submitted by /u/knee-grow0802
    [link] [comments]

    Custom load out in custom games?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:11 PM PST

    Trying to make a snipers only game in customs with friends, is this not possible?

    It looks like all you can do is substitute weapons on the map but not spawn with snipers. They obviously do it for weekly events, do we not have that ability?

    submitted by /u/B_EZ_PLAYA
    [link] [comments]

    What happens to captured Serans? I have an idea thats atleast head canon lol

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:46 PM PST

    Win a versus match

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 09:16 PM PST

    Can win a versus match on a specific map be completed Vs ai?

    submitted by /u/Pingu_Ping
    [link] [comments]

    Clear Skies .

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 01:37 PM PST

    With the Departure of Rod "Jumped the Gun" Fergusson im starting to think TC didnt have the proper leadership for the gears Franchise.

    The continued slick remarks in stream, slick remarks in Whats Up's about our opinions , question dodging and unclear responses has really made me understand Rod was focusing more on moving on rather than disciplining his staff .

    So what now ? Gears is done ?

    My answer is No.

    Unpopular opinion incoming... PLEASE READ FIRST.

    Gears 5 plays better than any gears game created BUT the Change of Games mechanics ,traditional ui (war journal, in game Stats, addition of Elims), Versus content and Ranking has really ruined the Image of that.

    I miss GoW 3 KOTH Sweat... i miss GoW 2 Execution Sweat, that adrenaline rush when your at odds.

    But guess what people say these two games where great but at the same time , these two games Had Totally different gameplays, movement speed, and shotgun recoil that we had to get used too.

    Same with 4-5.

    I came here to say this game isnt on par with the other games even tho it is the most refined gears game.

    I came here to say im going to play it because theres no other game like it. Im gonna fight for better dayz with feedback to reddit and GForums while rolling with the punches.

    I wanted to tell ya'll to stay strong and enjoy the game when you want too, play when you feel like grinding ToD, play with a friend now and then or Just play the game .

    I miss all you sweats, Execution Legends and Koth Savages that quit.

    Iwishyouthebest and hope to see you soon.

    GT: Loner Shaq

    submitted by /u/LonerShaq
    [link] [comments]

    The real only bad thing about Rod Fergusson leaving TC

    Posted: 07 Feb 2020 02:11 AM PST

    I was hyped to play Diablo 4 and i feel deppressed now cause i know he's gonna destroy that game like he did with Gears lmao

    Press F for the Diablo fans guys , our hopes to Blizzard recovering Diablo after the shitty 3rd one are gone

    Cant this guy just stop making videogames? Everything he touches it breaks and dies lol

    submitted by /u/XtremeK1ll3r
    [link] [comments]

    Just played 5 matches. Earned a total of 0 points

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 10:21 PM PST

    Played 5 ranked matches earned 0 ranking points. After the first 2 I thought i was just bad, so I restarted my game. Played 3 more, every round of every game, 0 points. Not bad, it's a bug. Fucccck this game m8

    That is all

    submitted by /u/disapparate276
    [link] [comments]

    You ever think about how the gnasher is not the real problem with this game? It’s the movement itself?

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 09:22 PM PST

    From 4 to this game no matter what they do to the gnasher there's always gonna be 10 moments a game that make you scream "bullshit". I think the real issue is the movement

    Gears 4 took a huge jump in the movement department from UE and especially 3. It all felt so fluid and smooth and now if you go back to 3 it feels like a clunky mess. I'm starting to think the clunky mess was better.

    With how insanely fast and precise you can wall bounce now, it makes so many shots seem like bullshit. I myself get so many kills on this game and wonder how did I just pull that bull shit off.

    I went back and played ultimate (my favorite gears to this day) and the game play is just more fun to me. There are still plenty of good gnasher battles but it's not pure insanity going at 100 mph constantly.

    I'm conflicted on how I feel about it. I'm pretty good at this gears and the movement obviously feels great but I think in the bigger picture it's actually making the gameplay miserable sometimes

    submitted by /u/secretagentMikeScarn
    [link] [comments]

    My embarrassing attempt to “hyper bounce” still can’t get the hang of it. Might just stick to regular bouncing , and yes I don’t play with hit markers cause they frustrate me sometimes lol

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:50 PM PST

    Wait for it...

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 04:50 AM PST

    I literally hollered when I nailed this.

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:39 AM PST

    If anyone saw the today’s developers stream

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 08:45 PM PST

    If they told something about rod's leaving TC? Or something important about the future of the game

    submitted by /u/UnrealBolo
    [link] [comments]

    5 down 1 to go..

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 06:53 AM PST

    CliffyB's opinion on microtransactions

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:39 AM PST

    found the article, this one from his personal blog:

    https://web.archive.org/web/20130303020015/https://dudehugespeaks.tumblr.com/post/44243746261/nickels-dimes-and-quarters

    he basically ask to decide with our wallet, if you don't like something just don't buy it

    a fun excerpt:

    I remember when the rage was pointed at Epic when we allowed users to purchase weapon skins in Gears 3. I replied to an enraged fan on Twitter that "You're more than welcome to not buy the optional cosmetic weapon skins that will make you more visible to the enemy." And you know what? In spite of the uproar, people still bought plenty of them. (I've seen the numbers.)

    in my opinion, try to remember that if this shit cosmetic system is in place, it's because people feeds it with solid money

    cliff still writes regarding EA:

    If you don't like EA, don't buy their games. If you don't like their microtransactions, don't spend money on them. It's that simple. EA has many smart people working for them (Hi, Frank, JR, and Patrick!) and they wouldn't attempt these things if they didn't work. Turns out, they do. I assure you there are teams of analysts studying the numbers behind consumer behavior over there that are studying how you, the gamer, spends his hard earned cash.

    same as hype for preorders, exclusives and stuff like that

    they're just exploiting something the whole playerbase seems to want

    submitted by /u/shura30
    [link] [comments]

    This is onyx 2...when’s this matchmaking getting fixed

    Posted: 06 Feb 2020 05:56 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment