• Breaking News

    Friday, January 24, 2020

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (January 24, 2020)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (January 24, 2020)


    Daily Discussion (January 24, 2020)

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    When all three of your objectives are "Win a match on Specific Map."

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 11:28 AM PST

    Found my Gears 3 merch from a promo event back in the day. Wish they did those again.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 06:38 PM PST

    When will we be able to unlock skins rather than grind for 2 weeks for one skin? Also not to mention the multiplayer is missing characters from its own game while having Terminator characters....

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 02:05 AM PST

    Gears multiplayer has gone down the toilet.

    submitted by /u/Talers-Username
    [link] [comments]

    The character that was completely wasted in the gears 5 campaign for me was Clayton

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 03:38 PM PST

    When can we expect a fix for rank?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 08:17 PM PST

    I'm sick of winning games getting mvp and not going up in rank my god...

    submitted by /u/Zeta699
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 3 spoilers. The strongest

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 04:46 PM PST

    Rod liked this tweet

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 01:20 PM PST

    Ice Marcus

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 02:03 PM PST

    Gears Pop! Is possibly the most aggressively pay to win game I’ve ever played. Just look at the level difference between us.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 07:30 AM PST

    Kantus 1440p Ultra settings (PC)

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 05:31 PM PST

    So any active people? Looking for some fun people for online joy. Not interested in hearing the game is dead and bad.. just an old veteran wanting to enjoy what we have ����‍♂️

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 04:00 AM PST

    Tried to "buy" the Locust skin so I could get the Bolter skin- then this happens

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 12:08 AM PST

    I've never had this many "Connection to the game timed out" playing horde in my life.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 10:20 PM PST

    I am playing Gears 5. I've never had this many "Connection to the game timed out" playing horde in my life.

    Is there anything I can do on my end to stop this from happening?

    And where do I go to report this problem?

    Edit: One of the lobbies' title is "no lizze bc glitch". I am guessing there is something wrong with Lizzie. I play as Kait and Lizzie and can't recall if my games with Kait has this problem. But for sure my games with Lizzie do have problems.

    submitted by /u/-zanie
    [link] [comments]

    "Aight imma head out"

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 12:07 PM PST

    Completed the golden gun challenge and got the new years weapon skin set?

    Posted: 24 Jan 2020 01:07 AM PST

    I completed the 108 kills in the golden gun playlist and got a golden revolver (expected) AND the chinese new years weapon skin set that is sold on the market for 500 iron

    Did I get lucky or was it supposed to happen?

    submitted by /u/abracadaver82
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 TU4 Broke Enemy AI

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 05:15 AM PST

    There are two sections of this post: One for Co-op v AI Beginner enemy AI and another for Master Escape Enemy AI. Read whichever you care about, or both, but it's all the same problem: TU4 messed with enemy AI!

    Also, let me say right up front that I really feel like this thread won't be cared about too much by TC because it doesn't affect Ranked play, which is all they seem focused on right now, but I just had to vent and see if others are feeling my pain as well...

    CO-OP V AI BEGINNER BOTS

    First off, let me say that I am not a "super sweaty" Gears player, but much more casual, so please no trolling as far as skill level... I get it, I'm not that good, but I am also a loyal Gears player, having played/complete nearly all of the game, including PC and Japanese versions.

    After Title Update 4, my friend and I were continuing to earn ally experience by playing Co-op v AI, Guardian on Beginner over and over. We were really good at all the maps before the update and had enemy behavior pretty much down pat. Now, what that statement means is that my friend, who is a Gold ranked player, would be doing lots of killing and I would have some moments of brilliance and overall could at least contribute.

    One enemy behavior that was consistent before TU4 was when you got knocked DBNO, you could crawl away from the enemy and the enemy would walk away from you. This would give you enough time to press A to stand back up and fight again. The important thing to note, though, is that the enemy would eventually begin walking back towards to in order to execute you.

    But now, there is no more executing! Once the enemy starts walking back towards you, it just uses it's Lancer to kill you from far away, leaving you no chance at getting back up!

    Also, even before TU4, the Beginner bots in Co-op v AI have always played like a tight group of MLG players. They walk around in packs of 3 or 4, have laser accurate Lancer fire that no amount of dodging or wall bouncing will shake off, and constantly use cross-fire tactics. If you do happen to pick yourself up from a DBNO, they are firing on you the second you start to stand up, meaning you have less than half health before you're able to do anything!

    Even my Gold player friend is having trouble with Beginner bots sometimes, which is pretty ridiculous... But for me personally, I have always been a solid Bronze player (again, not that good), but I can actually do BETTER playing against other Bronze players in Versus than I can against these freaking "Beginner" bots.

    We went from having 35 to 45 second rounds, winning the first three rounds, to having 2+ minute rounds and losing 2/5 on a really bad match. Now again, I know I've said I'm not a good player, but I'm not THAT bad AND my friend is GOLD!

    If anyone is new to the series and wants to get a feel for the game, this is NOT the place for them to start! It is so frustrating as a casual player...

    MASTER ESCAPE ENEMY AI

    Now for the one I suspect most of you will care about the most. After being totally frustrated with Co-op v AI after the update, I decided to try to complete my last Escape map on Master.

    I consistently play as a melee character, mostly Lahni, which means that on Master, I get downed a lot. Here again, before TU4, I would have time to crawl around to safety to get picked up, but you couldn't really "mess around" or you could have someone try to execute you, meaning they would jump on you trying to beat you down and you would have to press B over and over fending them off, hoping to be saved by your teammates.

    But now... there is no chance at all! If you are knocked down in front of an enemy, you are IMMEDIATELY melee'd to death... NOT executed, just melee'd, instant death style. It has made playing as a melee character in Escape almost impossible because if you miss your melee combo even once with an enemy, your punishment is death, period.

    TL;DR

    I believe TU4 has had some consequences, either intentional or unintentional, to enemy AI across the board from Beginner bots in Co-op v AI to Master Escape hives. With no mention of enemy AI tweaks in the title update notes, I'm hoping this is just a "whoops" and will be fixed. Otherwise, the game for casual players like myself has become even more frustrating...

    submitted by /u/Lambent_Lail
    [link] [comments]

    New Golden Gun event is so... awesomely lame.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 02:40 PM PST

    This game has become such a hassle to play. I wish I could lo e this game as bad as I want to but damn does the Coalition love to get their faithful player base pissed off. I cant wait to get the 108 kills in the event to get off and play ANYTHING else... well Rainbow Six

    submitted by /u/StormBreaker956
    [link] [comments]

    Would beast mode really be that hard to make? Or even judgement PvP locust vs CoG objective mode?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 10:39 PM PST

    Jack can already take control of so many enemies. Even the guardians he can't take control of already have control to move them and stuff seen in this video (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/gears-of-war-boss-on-importance-of-diversity-and-i/1100-6472937/) at 11:50

    Idk. most of the work is done. bosses prob wouldnt be a thing as they might be hard to balance but all the basic swarm/DB's are already there.

    so yeah, just wondering your guys thoughts about that.

    submitted by /u/ghfhfhhhfg9
    [link] [comments]

    Circle K Rockstar x Gears 5 Promotion Code

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 03:03 PM PST

    I know I'm a bit late to this but I bought a Rockstar last week and I hadn't noticed that it was a Gears 5 promotion can and I hopped on the website to see if it was still redeemable and to my surprise it was. So I redeemed it and I checked what other rewards I could get because I remember seeing a cool Lancer skin that I wanted and remembered that it was from the Rockstar promotion.

    So I looked and saw all the rewards and I see that there was a Circle K promotion going on and that the Del Lancer Skin was exclusive to Circle K and that Lancer skin looks amazing. So I was wondering if anyone had a spare Circle K code or worked at Circle K that had a code that they wouldn't mind giving to me. I know it's hard because so many people redeemed it and/or want it and also I'm not sure if it's done but the promotion ended back in November but it's worth a shot. Thanks guys.

    submitted by /u/DoughboyVasquez
    [link] [comments]

    Anyone else loving the New Golden Gun FFA mode?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 06:21 PM PST

    Infinite leech bug in Escape

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 01:12 PM PST

    Jack abilities disappear?

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 09:55 PM PST

    Hey so I'm playing through insane (act 3 ch 3)and my brother joined briefly (he's never played campaign) and he wanted to play as jack. When he loaded in Jack had no abilities so he decided to switch to del but Jack still has no abilities. I can't set traps, use stim, etc. Has this ever happened to anyone? Do I just need someone who has jack powers join the game? Thanks in advance

    submitted by /u/CriscoDisco878
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 - The Gib Range has become a problem - Discussion.

    Posted: 23 Jan 2020 09:44 AM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment