• Breaking News

    Wednesday, December 11, 2019

    Gears of War | Weekly What’s Up - December 10 2019

    Gears of War | Weekly What’s Up - December 10 2019


    Weekly What’s Up - December 10 2019

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 12:18 PM PST

    Daily Discussion (December 11, 2019)

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Who's joining the Jermad gang tomorrow once the mad lad releases?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 02:28 PM PST

    Nice little Longshot Quint Kill

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 01:58 PM PST

    For the gears reddit expert in the prior post saying Xbox players can’t snipe... Whoseurdaddy24

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 05:34 PM PST

    Genuinely looking forward to this update

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 08:05 PM PST

    Couldn't find the last enemy. Turns out he was snoozing on the job

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 08:43 PM PST

    Gears 5 has the biggest quitting community ive ever seen. Played 10 ranked KoTH games today. Not a single game finished with a full team.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 06:40 PM PST

    Coalition should drop the ban hammer even harder. You guys are pathetic pussies.

    submitted by /u/Insomnia93
    [link] [comments]

    Been playing since G1 and barely wall bounce. Anyone else?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 05:51 AM PST

    Maybe I'll smack the wall once or twice to avoid a shot but never full on bouncing. Never cared to learn or use it and I get by ok. Am I alone?

    submitted by /u/MagnaNazer
    [link] [comments]

    Expendables style GOW poster

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 06:29 PM PST

    Mecha Hoffman

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 11:58 AM PST

    Hoffman is shown in the beginning of Gears 4 in a wheelchair and suffering from old age.

    Hoffman was one of my favorite characters from this franchise.

    I think it would be awesome if they could bring Hoffman back in the sixth game.

    I was thinking that Baird could whip him up some kind of DB Mech suit that could wrap around him like body armor and allow him to move freely.

    I think this could fit in the universe nicely, plus bring back a fan favorite as he has gotten very little love in the past two games.

    Just imagine, perhaps the Coalition is losing to the swarm and they need every fighter they can get. Cue a cut to Hoffman bitching about this or that. Marcus and crew explain he needs to come out of retirement. When Hoffman makes an old man joke Baird tosses him some kind of armor and says try this on for size. Cue the cut to Hoffman getting out of his chair and sprinting around the room. Shortly after the swarm attacks and were back in action.

    What do you guys think?

    Edit:

    To add to this. The DB mech suit could have its own personality. There could be great lines between Hoffman and the DB during the campaign and in firefights.

    submitted by /u/whyYouBeSoHostile
    [link] [comments]

    Why does everyone hate Gears 5?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 06:44 PM PST

    I keep hearing around the net that everyone hates Gears 5 and the only things I see people talking about are microtransactions. Is that really the only stuff people hate about the game? I personally don't care about the mtx because they are cosmetic and don't affect game play at all. Is there anything else that I am missing? I am having a blast playing KOTH which is my go to mode and they fixed the crashing issue I used to have on PC with Gears 4.

    submitted by /u/KevTheGamer
    [link] [comments]

    Major general 3

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 01:04 AM PST

    So after collecting all the stars for major general 3 do you still have to get all the stars for general? Or do u get the 250 iron and the team rock skins after 3 ?

    submitted by /u/Xxsubz0
    [link] [comments]

    Celestial weapons in store now! (esports skins)

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:07 AM PST

    Matriarch Boss

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 01:25 PM PST

    Anyone else adore the Matriarch fight in GOW5? reminds me so much of the 1st encounter with a berserker, tense, scary and brutal

    submitted by /u/iffy5868
    [link] [comments]

    I just don’t understand where to look with my Gnasher to hit my pellets

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 12:22 AM PST

    I've been playing this game since 2006 so it's safe to say that I have a pretty good muscle memory when it comes to using the shotgun. I'm by no means a l337 wallbouncing pro, but I feel as if I've been a smart player using cover strategically in fights. For some reason I feel shots that I've been hitting my entire life just don't work anymore. My muscle memory is failing me and it makes me question everything I do in the game. I've tried turning off hitmarkers to see if that was some sort of mental issue with my game but I just don't know anymore. I understand that the pellets come from the barrel of the gun, but I've never felt the need to in a gears game actually look at my barrel to see where my shots are actually coming from. Am I crazy? Do people actually look at the barrel of the gun during fights? I just don't know what to do anymore

    submitted by /u/Ironclad_Calves
    [link] [comments]

    Wow thats low.

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 03:53 AM PST

    Judgment campaign - wtf?

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 01:10 AM PST

    So I'm on my last game of my Insane/Inconceivable run, Judgement (gonna spell it like that from now on as I'm from the UK). I will get Raam's Shadow at some point but for now Judgement is the end of it.

    I remember liking this campaign (I dont PvP). I remember thinking the declassified missions concept was really interesting.

    But on insane with the declassified missions on it is such a horrifically designed experience. I'm not trying to get 3 stars as I dont care about that. He waves of enemies that were used in the other games as special threats, the randomising, the ludicrous declassified missions- I remember starting a mission with no ammo (due to the declassified) and having like 8 Therons with cleavers run at me immediately.

    The careful specific design of enemy encounters has gone. I also hate time limits. On such a hard difficulty I should be able to take my time- that's just me however. But does anyone else agree that it is so badly designed with the devs just chucking ludicrous enemy waves at you!

    This could have been a really interesting experience, but it is trash. Cant wait to finish it.

    submitted by /u/senecauk
    [link] [comments]

    How to use gnasher

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 12:36 AM PST

    Pretty new to gears and shooters in general.

    When I play online I'm almost always outdueled by someone else with a shot gun. Basically, even if I am waiting for someone behind I corner and have the upper hand, i still usually die. First I was holding down aim. Too slow. Then I tried firing from the hip. Too inaccurate. Then i tried pressing aim for a microsecond before firing. Still inaccurate.

    Anyway, any pointers? Also if there's like a strategy guide or something for multi player thatd be great. My strategies, I suspect, are pretty elementary: stick with teammates and hug the walls.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/duggerwugger
    [link] [comments]

    February Thrashball Wish *Comments*

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:08 PM PST

    And another 14 day Xbox Live Gold code for whomever needs it, redeem it fast!

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 05:08 PM PST

    Why are these Day One major problems still here?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 09:23 AM PST

    Four months into this game, gearing up for Operation 2, and two of the biggest problems still haven't been fixed as of today.

    1. Connection issues - consistently being dropped from matches which results in numerous quits every game, therefore having uneven matches more often than not. Being constantly placed in regions with high pings so shots are never on target and dying to shots that are behind you.

    2. Audio issues - your character voice sounds like they are miles away; cant hear enemy footsteps behind you; environmental sounds are extra loud even when turned down.

    I don't understand how they can add all this dlc when the core gameplay is suffering? I initially thought these problems were my own, but my connection drops only in this game, with my router still showing that the network is connected. Being gibbed when I can't hear the character footsteps running up behind me is rage inducing.

    How can you expect to keep people in this game when people can't even play it? These problems are going on far too long to not be addressed by now. By the way, I'm playing on PC.

    submitted by /u/TriFik
    [link] [comments]

    Dana hopes that we get the matchmaking update out soon

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 10:35 PM PST

    My first gears_meme

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 02:19 AM PST

    Character Confirmed for Gears!

    Posted: 11 Dec 2019 02:09 AM PST

    Operation 2 release time ?

    Posted: 10 Dec 2019 08:56 PM PST

    Does anyone know the exact time the update is live

    submitted by /u/hakeemthedream77
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment