• Breaking News

    Friday, November 8, 2019

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 08, 2019)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 08, 2019)


    Daily Discussion (November 08, 2019)

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gears of War 2 was released 11 years ago today

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 09:31 AM PST

    It's my birthday! Here's my GoW cake.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 03:38 PM PST

    No 13 Years of Gears Content? Only A Bloodspray & Boost? Is this a cruel Joke?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 02:30 PM PST

    Dels got some sweet moves

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 05:58 PM PST

    Any Gears 5 wall papers similar to this with Kait, Del and JD?

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 05:16 PM PST

    Happy anniversary gears of war 2

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 02:39 PM PST

    [re-up skin] Glad they added something rather than the already existing mediocre weapon skins you get for “re-uping”. Here’s a quick look at the “Get Sum” skin, looks pretty awesome in my opinion!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 09:51 PM PST

    Just a small request: Can we set preferred weapon skins for cog AND swarm???

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 05:13 PM PST

    In Gears 4 we were able to set our weapon skins for our COG character, Swarm character, and Horde character. It's not the biggest deal, but it's disappointing when you set your weapon skins while thinking about how good it looks with your Swarm character, for example, and then you load into a game as COG and the skins just don't look as great on your COG character (and there's not really time to switch out the skins before the match loads up and that could become tedious).

    Sorry if this has already been brought up or discussed.

    submitted by /u/weatherman278
    [link] [comments]

    TC does some messed up stuff sometimes, but I have to admit this is my favorite so far

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 12:02 PM PST

    If TC made jerky

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 03:35 PM PST

    Im gonna pretend the Blood Moon Imago is what we got for 13 years of Gears.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 02:06 AM PST

    "added a new check to prevent players using certain low covers to shoot through walls"... This update did nothing..

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:36 PM PST

    Gears 5 will be $25 at best buy for black friday

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:03 PM PST

    Just Played Gears 5 and... I'm Really Digging Horde Mode!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 05:11 PM PST

    Me and a few friends played a lot of Gears of War back in the days, we were particularly fond of Horde mode in Gears of War 2 - always trying to find new ways to play, to get as far as possible.

    And then my interest for consoles kind of died off, fast forward a bit and Gears 5 is the first Gears of War I play since the 2nd one...

    With all these franchises trying to reinvent the wheel these days I really didn't expect to like Horde in Gears 5 at all, but actually I'm very pleased to say I had a great time - once I found a match with people that actually stayed after wave 1 or 2.

    I actually quite like this progression, makes it a bit more appealing to do a few more matches - adds some variety to your playstyle.

    What I don't like though, is that god fudging damn scoreboard that is displayed and *partially* removes control after every single wave.

    This goes against game design 101 for crying out loud, never remove the player's control unless absolutely necessary. Did they really, honest to god not find this annoying themselves?

    Have they said anything about it? I mean, it's almost so bad I don't even wanna play Horde more and it sucks :(

    PS. I played Jack, loved every second of it.

    submitted by /u/TheProvocator
    [link] [comments]

    Rest In Piece The Surge 10/1 - 11/7

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 08:13 PM PST

    What the actual f**k. I logged on today to work on my general rank in ToD and I had 3 challenges related to escape. I put on The Surge because it's the easiest escape to solo. After about 15 seconds in I notice the map has been changed severely and enemy spawns have been moved.

    On the left route the pathway makes you go forward and you can no longer hug left to go into the room with the Lancer and Embar.

    A group of drones spawns right in front of you when you drop down heading towards the safe room.

    On the second half the escape door has been moved and the curved hallway is gone forcing you to go left.

    Like always when you pull the switch drones and everything spawn in but they are way closer.

    What's the point in changing layout a month after the map has been out. Also this is not included in this weeks update notes.

    The speed run is over until someone can figure out a new method, but with the map being more narrow I imagine it will be way harder. I'm glad I got the "Brought a Knife to a Gun Fight" achievement because that achievement is way harder to get.

    TL:DR The Surge has been altered in severe ways and is no longer the same map. RIP Speedruns

    submitted by /u/Agent-Active
    [link] [comments]

    Are we surpose to have the swarm on menu scream now? If so I'm not complaining.

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 01:37 PM PST

    I just saw this on Twitter lol

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 11:26 PM PST

    Ranked Reset Postponed until Wednesday 13th November

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 10:29 AM PST

    A skull shaped quartz cluster

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 07:54 AM PST

    The only actor I would want to play Benjamin Carmine in a Gears of War movie.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2019 12:39 AM PST

    Gears custom resin pendant pieces I made while wishing I could play!

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 11:02 AM PST

    Positivity: Here's 10 Things I enjoy about Gears 5

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 04:33 PM PST

    Fahz improvements

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 07:42 PM PST

    So it's known by now fahz is less useful as horde games progress. I think itd be cool as a fahz player; if xray allowed fahz to shoot through a warden's maces when they're shielding. Also maybe negate the def of enemy helmets while in xray mode. Most enemies wearing helmets are 1 shot from a longshot to remove helm and then 1 active longshot headshot. I think this could pull fahz back into the relevant dps pool.

    submitted by /u/TroutStrangla
    [link] [comments]

    Scoreboard Screen between Horde rounds

    Posted: 07 Nov 2019 06:52 PM PST

    TC, I am begging you, please remove the scoreboard screen in between horde rounds. To me, this seems like an incredibly simple fix, but what do I know. I love horde too much and need this screen to be banished to oblivion.

    If I want to know the scores of certain players, how many kills I have, etc., I can still access that info as is.

    submitted by /u/Ivanbrosiff
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment