• Breaking News

    Thursday, August 13, 2020

    Gears of War | I know this was a placeholder for Skorge but it would be so cool if the caped theron became a skin!

    Gears of War | I know this was a placeholder for Skorge but it would be so cool if the caped theron became a skin!


    I know this was a placeholder for Skorge but it would be so cool if the caped theron became a skin!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 05:19 PM PDT

    Consequence of fooling around a bit.. lol

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    Dug out my signed picture of Skorge!

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:22 AM PDT

    Don't play with your kills

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:29 PM PDT

    Some more examples of netcode issues. All these clips were recorded with 13-16 ping.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:11 PM PDT

    FAHZ - Guide and Discussion

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:04 AM PDT

    FAHZ - Guide and Discussion

    Cheers everyone,

    since I am a Fahz main in Horde Mode and get a lot of "hate" from the community, I want to highlight his strenghts and potential in this post and start a little discussion about the one and true Sniper in Gears 5 Horde :-)
    About me: I fell in love with the Gears universe with Gears 2, played all parts multiple times and read all the books. I played shittons of Horde in Gears 4, and always theorycrafted about the perfect sniper setup. But speedruns kinda ruined sniping in Gears 4, but now in 5 its stronger than ever.

    Note: I am a PC player and I write this guide for Master difficulty. On lower difficulties, many other things work as good...

    Pros:

    • Can be the highest DPS character in-game
    • Able to one-shot all minor enemies and even Scions and some bosses throughout the whole game
    • high-range
    • super fun to play

    Cons:

    • hit or miss - no headshot, no damage, no kill
    • single-target damage only
    • reliant on ammo-supply early and perks post wave 10
    • mechanically demanding

    Cards

    • Exploit Weakness (+55% Critical Damage)
    • Ambush (+140% Critical Damage to targets above 90% health)
    • Modified Longshot (+30% Damage and +30% Active Reload Damage)
    • Longshot Handling (100% automative active reload on Critical Hit Kill)
    • Critical Parade (+25% Ult time for Critical Hit Kill while X-Ray is active)

    Situational:

    • Explosive Critical Hit (Good on maps with many chokepoints where enemies gather, and if the purple cards are not on a high level yet)
    • Patience (Ult recharges faster when not taking damage - good, when you only want to sit in Cover and not actively shoot enemies during the wave, but why wouldn't you DPS and kill enemies? That's what Horde is about ^^)

    Perks

    1. Precision Weapon Damage
    2. Critical Hit Damage
    3. A few points in Ammo
    4. Ultimate Cooldown Reduction
    5. Max out Ammo

    Gameplay

    You can guess from the cards, that I almost exclusively use the Longshot. It has the highest base damage and damage potential. The automative active reload makes playing him so smooth, and I only really use the Markza until I got "infinite ammo" on my Longshot. After that, it's 100% Longshot.

    Fahz is super strong in the first 10 waves. He can oneshot every enemy type, and deal massive damage to bosses. Use your ultimate on difficult enemies like Guardians or Sentinels, since it increases your damage if you shoot through a wall and let you ignore the shields!

    The only limitation you have is being ammo dependant. You need a locker asap. If your engineer has fast recharching lockers, you only really need 2 slots, if not 3 is sufficient. I love playing with a Del and/or Jack for that reason (Jack can also reload weapons fast!).

    Fahz is one of the, if not the, most reliant on Perk character in my opinion. The reason for that is, enemy health gets doubled starting on wave 11. Your job is to oneshot everything. To do that, you need to counter the health upgrade of the enemies with upgrading your perks. Yeah, it will limit the global energy your team has and you won't have as many fortifications. But you don't really need them, since you kill enemies across the whole map in 1 shot. Once you got your damage perks maxed out, you can put some energy in the fabricator if your team really needs it and max your other perks slowly.

    However, having your perks maxed out means you can play "late-game-Fahz": At the start of the wave, get 3 or 4 headshot kills to get your ult back again. Get somewhere inside/behind a wall, activate ult, and pop heads all across the map. With the auto active reload you don't even have to manually reload. Just aim and shoot. Everything is oneshot, even Scions post wave 40 if there's "enough" wall between you and them (not sure how the actual damage calculation works '^^).
    Imagine a Marcus with a Retro Lancer and active ultimate, but you have to manually aim and kill enemies even faster, actually in one single shot. Across the whole map, through walls, through shields (Sentinels, Guardians). No Boomshot Scion or Sniper or Claw Drone will be a threat to you and your team.

    Here you see, how this Fahz looks like in-game (Master diffculty, Overload)

    My thoughts on a perfect team comp for Fahz

    + Everything that doesn't make your screen shake like crazy or denies you Headshots for ult extension
    + Supportive characters, that increase energy gain or supply ammo or CC for bosses

    Putting this together, my dream comp would be something like Fahz + Del + Jack (early locker, lots of energy for early perking) + X + Y (maybe Lizzie and Carmine? Basically, anything works).
    I dislike playing with JD for the permanent camera shaking.
    I don't like to play with Marcus, because they get mad at me for taking my kills as I get at him for taking mine (we both want to maximize our ult duration), and both Fenixes usually want more locker slots and don't let me use a single one.

    And you don't really need bleed damage with Fahz, since your job is to one-shot enemies. It's helpful for bosses though, but you got 4 other players in the team who can help with that.

    Why would you believe me?

    ![img](6jxe50bftpg51 "My current Fahz stats on gears5.com ")

    Post Game Screen of the game the videos are from

    Another end game screen...

    FAQ

    "Bro, you're only Re-Up 6, what makes you qualified to play and even write a guide for master difficulty?"

    • I've played shittons of Gears 2, 3 and 4 Horde, and the Engine and gameplay of Gears 4 and 5 is basically the same. I just don't have that many hours in Gears 5 yet. But I have success with my playstyle, and generally spoken I am more the planning and theorycrafting type of person, like a Coach in a pro team would be. Not perfect in execution, but well crafted in my mind.
      Remember the good old Hammer of Dawn Foundation Speedruns in Gears 4 (combined with the "Chosen One" glitch? I was part of the community that developed that runs and brought Horde runs down to nearly 60 minutes and 0 effort.

    "But, if you play Marcus you do basically the same, headshotting targets across the whole map. Why would you play Fahz instead? Marcus OP, Marcus is meta."

    • I am not saying Marcus isn't viable or good. He just doesn't fit my playstyle, and I think the potential reward for mastering Fahz is way higher than mastering a Marcus. I like the skill ceiling and the challenge ;-)

    "Hey, you sound like somebody I would wanna play Horde with. Can I add you on XBOX Live?"

    • Sure, I'm always looking for some positive vibed cooperative social environments I can share awesome in-game moments with :-) My Gamertag is PizzaLegolas, feel free to message/add me.
    submitted by /u/PentakillOlaf
    [link] [comments]

    We have that teammate

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 11:55 PM PDT

    I’m just going to say it

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:51 AM PDT

    Lots of people have been saying it but honestly we need to get this movement going. This has to reach TC in some way, shape, or form. WE NEED BLACK STEEL SKINS. WE WANT BLACK STEEL SKINS. I'm sure many of you dislike Chrome Steel with a passion and there's some who like it but we all have to agree that while we appreciate what TC tried to do with Chrome Steel it's just not what we want. We want our badass Black Steel Baird, Dom, Marcus, UIR, etc. and we want them now.

    We got to get this point across to TC. I don't care whether they switch Chrome Steel to Black Steel or make it a variant/ edit style or even if they just bring them back for purchase but we want Black Steel back plain and simple. Share this with friend or whoever but this has to reach TC some way somehow lol. We want Black Steel!

    submitted by /u/DoughboyVasquez
    [link] [comments]

    Gears 5 Final Boss

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 12:49 PM PDT

    King of the hill

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 12:11 AM PDT

    The spawns are a joke. The amount of times whether I'm in a squad or playing solo and the opposing team has the closest spawns to the ring is ridiculous. When you actually play a good team and ring after ring they get the advantage?? Makes no fucking sense. You have to pray you'll win the 50/50 toss every match. TC you need to fix this shit.

    submitted by /u/connor945
    [link] [comments]

    Weekly Developer Stream thread (August 13, 2020)

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:05 AM PDT

    Weekly Developer Stream Today!

    Where to Watch:

    When:

    • Starts at ~3pm PST
    • Lasts for ~1.5-2 hours

    Be sure to check for a stickied comment below. If anything changes in regards to day/time, we'll be sure to have that info in the stickied comment!

    Who:

    • Dana (u/tc-mjrdecision) usually the host
    • Occasionally other developers will join - like a map designer, the PvP lead, etc.
    • Andius (Community Team) works behind the scenes to run the stream/chat

    What:

    • The community team discusses any recent news and follows up with a Q/A session
    • Some streams have raffles or "click-to-claim" style prizes available!

    Submitting Questions!

    Currently TC looks at 2 main places for questions: The Chat and General community discussion. In attempt to gather some better questions that TC may be able to better prepare answers for, we are going to look at collecting some questions in this thread.

    Also note that this is not a thread that is officially supported by TC. We cannot guarantee that they'll see and/or use this. But we figure it's worth a shot. If nothing else, maybe someone else in the thread will be able to answer your questions!

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Major Paduk - Mr Steal yo Queen

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 09:27 AM PDT

    We was getting snap. The momentum shifted big-time after this play.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 06:41 AM PDT

    8 Player Free-For-All With Friends

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 07:39 PM PDT

    Is this possible?

    I've been dying to play 8 person free-for-all on the regular maps with my friends. Been waiting for the update that added 8 player free-for-all only to discover that I can only jump into a game by myself online. I tried to join a game with one friend in my squad and it wouldn't let me. I also tried to create my own free-for-all game but it didn't allow me to choose any maps other than the 3 it usually offers..

    Does anyone know if what I'm trying to do is possible some way or if that update will be coming later on or something?

    submitted by /u/YouAreOneUglyMutha
    [link] [comments]

    I got Marcus Fenix Storm Collectible

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 03:02 PM PDT

    A close round of Gridiron yesterday

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 04:28 AM PDT

    Uir weapons pack who wants and is hoping we get this in operation 4?

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 08:36 AM PDT

    Have we ever seen a lambent corpser?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 03:10 AM PDT

    I want to know what a lambent corpser looks like i don't know if there's concept art of it or if it appeared in a book or somthing.

    submitted by /u/hotrod9p
    [link] [comments]

    Me and my best bud had this hilarious thing happen to us a few nights back.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 01:05 PM PDT

    Which do you guys think is better brumak or corpser?

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 02:27 AM PDT

    Karn and his original design

    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 02:12 AM PDT

    Any hope of getting Karn with his original fin size and orientation? irregardless of if it "Competitive" i feel like it'd be best for those who'd want such a thing, At least give us the option, you could have the "Comp" short size and the "Lore" original size. Thoughts?

    submitted by /u/guybutts
    [link] [comments]

    Very last match I played before the free weekend ended.

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 02:05 PM PDT

    Slap sap

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 04:20 PM PDT

    Audio issues on console

    Posted: 12 Aug 2020 06:22 PM PDT

    when I plug my headphones in the audio cutouts constantly in gears 5 and its not my headphones or the controller as the party chat and Spotify work but not gears.

    submitted by /u/FatFanMan
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment