• Breaking News

    Friday, April 3, 2020

    Gears of War | Gears 5: Batista Bomb

    Gears of War | Gears 5: Batista Bomb


    Gears 5: Batista Bomb

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 10:02 AM PDT

    When seniors put younglings back in their place!

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 07:44 PM PDT

    Definitely worth the grind. He's beautiful!

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 10:20 PM PDT

    Thanks to a very generous tip and a day of quarantine without kids I present to you my fastest general grind so far!

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 10:11 PM PDT

    I have to admit.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 06:24 PM PDT

    The Batista bomb is pretty fucking hilarious.

    submitted by /u/Ppwata
    [link] [comments]

    Been playing for days and have yet to even have the new map or canals as a voting option

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 06:50 PM PDT

    Anybody else? What gives?

    submitted by /u/TICfatal
    [link] [comments]

    Baird kept yelling "Grab that weapon", I was honestly laughing alot

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 12:52 PM PDT

    Clutch with the Ember

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 04:57 PM PDT

    I don't like the ways we earn scrap and skill cards.

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 09:42 PM PDT

    As a primarily PvE player, I'm really not a fan of the RNG based time sinks systems for gameplay progression in Gears 5. I couldn't care less about cosmetics, but trying to level up my character proficiencies in this game is awful. I feel like I'm being asked to spend a few hundred hours running The Clock on Inconceivable to have a chance at getting some good skill cards. Not to mention that having difficulty specific card drop rates just invites undesired behaviour from players where people join Master lobbies just to get carried. The fact I can get dupes and green score boosts for doing anything on Master is just driving me up the wall. I see very few people have complaints about the system too which kind of bothers and puzzles me.

    I've been playing since the early pre-order access period and I don't have a single purple/gold level 5 card on anyone. I've spent about two months grinding the melee bleed skill card for Emile-A239 (it's a blue card by the way), and the end result is that my Emile has about 400 score boosts, and the card I wanted is level 4 with 6/10 dupes needed for level 5.

    Then there's scrap. The only way to gain scrap as far as I know is supply, and earning supply is a huge time sink. You're also enticed to buy a boost to get more supply faster. I don't really have a problem with the boost part. Instead, it's about the fact I am not even guaranteed to get scrap out of supply. And if I do, it's most likely going to be a pitiful +5 scrap for a green dupe. Yes, eventually I will run out of things to get out of supply and I'll be getting scrap only, but it's still a pretty huge time sink. You get almost nothing from Escape, and Horde takes a lot of time only to get like 2 or 3 supply drops. I don't know what it's like in Versus, but from what I hear a lot of people are complaining about scrap being useless, so I assume Versus supply gaining rate is high and those people just don't play PvE modes. Skill cards can eat up a lot of scrap.

    I'm not asking for things to be instantly given to me. But I'd rather not have to spend hundreds of hours praying to RNG just to beef up my characters. At times I'm getting the feeling Horde and Escape focused players are treated like second class citizens. I guess that's understandable since Versus is supposed to be the selling point, but players like me who bought the game for mainly Campaign and Horde exist.

    Now, just to stop coming off as an endless whingefest I was thinking of writing down some suggestions on how I'd like the system to change. I don't ask for all of them at once, merely evaluating different options. For cards:

    1. Have all difficulties utilize Master skill card drop rates.

    It's not an ideal solution since it still heavily involves RNG but at least it might reduce the amount of people wanting to be carried. I also think top tier difficulties should be only for the challenge and competition, not progression.

    2. No skill card duplicates when you max one out.

    Ending a Master run with 6 green score boosts isn't a very positive experience. Now I know people keep bringing up the whole level 6 thing, so I was thinking something like being guaranteed a skill card dupe for a card you don't have at max level yet, but once you do finally max out all cards on a character you can get dupes again for the potential level 6 that might drop in the future.

    3. Let players scrap duplicate skill cards.

    Also something about level 6, so I don't really know if this one is viable.

    4. Reduce scrap cost for cards.

    I don't think this one needs explaining the mechanics. Some skill card costs get pretty high, though.

    And now some ideas for scrap:

    1. Allow people to choose whether they want to gain new items from supply or just scrap.

    I really can't care less about cosmetics, I'd rather just gain scrap whenever possible. Especially that bloodsprays and banners are kind of useless in PvE. Yes, I know bloodsprays show up on executions but didn't the community already argue no one looks at the floor after an execution?

    2. Give scrap for Tour of Duty stars.

    At the same time you're giving players an extra incentive to do daily objectives once they reach General since they'll be still getting scrap for their efforts. I'm a bit generous with my numbers but I was thinking something like 25/50/100 scrap for 1/2/3 stars. Maybe also some scrap from the new OP3 feature where you get stars just from playing? And maybe even make boost affect scrap income?

    3. Scrap items we've already earned.

    I don't like a certain weapon skin and I'll never use it. Let me scrap it and put it on a blacklist so that it automatically gets scrapped in the future.

    This is all I've had in my mind for now. I'm hoping this mini-rant wasn't too taxing to read and I'm also hoping someone at TC notices this. Also hoping I'm not the only one who has issues with this system. But since players who take the PvE side seriously appear to be in the minority, I doubt this post will have any real attention.

    Looking forward to any other ideas and opinions.

    submitted by /u/Kuziz
    [link] [comments]

    Made me laugh

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 02:53 PM PDT

    Finally! I didn't make masters but I'm still very happy with my Diamond skins

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 12:49 AM PDT

    Savage Swarm characters look awesome

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 04:31 PM PDT

    I figured I'd switch it up a bit and talk about some stuff I really enjoy from this operation. The savage hunter and savage drone (although I've never liked that mask) look badass.

    While I do enjoy their scavenged Metal armor, I wish they looked like this normally in Gears 5. I see myself playing as the savage hunter quite often and I'm excited for the rest of them to get savage skins.

    submitted by /u/Collineus
    [link] [comments]

    The Players Of This Game Are Doing SO Much More To Kill It Than An Dev Misstep At This Point

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 06:26 PM PDT

    The shear amount of quitters and leavers has basically destroyed this game for me, and I'm guessing I'm not alone. I'm mostly a PvE player, andIn the last 2 weeks since I've come back to this game, there is at least 1 leaver in 60+% of my games. It just ruins it, to get to wave 7 or just when you load in and someone quits. Now you're handicapped for the rest of the game.

    submitted by /u/Forceman4077
    [link] [comments]

    Gridiron glitch, after one round it gives the other team the win

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 01:09 PM PDT

    "ah, shi...."

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 05:29 PM PDT

    PVE: Best thoughts for a higher difficulty Cole build?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 12:33 AM PDT

    Cole seems to have so many cards to choose from. Thoughts on his most optimal build?

    submitted by /u/Big_Match_Sean
    [link] [comments]

    A direct comparison of the map Canals from the original Gears of War in 2006 up to Gears 5 in 2020

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 10:56 AM PDT

    What Happened To Lizzie Getting The Tank Passive?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 08:40 PM PDT

    In the Hoard Update for Op 3 it said she was getting the take damage to charge her ult, but it still says to mark targets. Is this a known issue or did another thing get messed up?

    submitted by /u/Forceman4077
    [link] [comments]

    Quick ? - how to remove character notification for Cole/Clay?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 12:19 AM PDT

    I have clicked into them, viewed craftable totem, looked at horde abilities ect. they are still showing the notification for these two charactyers, how to get it off?

    submitted by /u/Bronbin
    [link] [comments]

    anyone else forget this skin existed?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 06:09 PM PDT

    Anyone else having a lot of trouble with the shotgun since the update?

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 06:30 PM PDT

    I'm shooting people point blank and getting less than 30% damage. It just feels really off to me. I know they changed the mid range gib distance but I never heard about point blank damage being changed.

    submitted by /u/67camaroooo
    [link] [comments]

    Gridiron map rotation sucks

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 08:57 PM PDT

    I have yet to play on Canals or the new map at all in Gridiron. Not to mention that the only maps that are only being played on are Icebound, Foundation, and District. I'm bored with the game again...ALREADY

    submitted by /u/CViperr
    [link] [comments]

    Someone didn’t proofread(3rd one down)

    Posted: 02 Apr 2020 12:18 PM PDT

    30,000 xp method for new totems?

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 05:03 AM PDT

    I was wondering if there is anyone out there who has unlocked all the new totems for gears5! Is there any methods out there to get 30k xp quickly if so please private message me on here on Twitter @Soniike!

    submitted by /u/Soniike
    [link] [comments]

    I made a BATISTA thing. Enjoy ��

    Posted: 03 Apr 2020 04:36 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment