• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 3, 2019

    Gears of War | You know what really grinds my Gears... (December 03, 2019)

    Gears of War | You know what really grinds my Gears... (December 03, 2019)


    You know what really grinds my Gears... (December 03, 2019)

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 02:05 AM PST

    THE RULES

    • SLAP THAT CAPSLOCK BUTTON (or don't)
    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER MAKES YOUR BLOOD BOIL.
    • OTHER PLAYERS WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS.
    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER WILL MAKE EVERYTHING FINE AND DANDY.
    • SHARE KETCHUP RECIPIES WITH MARCUS AND MAKE HIM PROUD.
    • PLAY NICE WITH EACH OTHER AND FOLLOW THE RULES.

    Relevant Image

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    The entire Gears 5 player base

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 03:11 PM PST

    True

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:23 PM PST

    Thanks, TC.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:43 PM PST

    Bring back Savage Locust to Gears 5( Black steal)

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 01:55 AM PST

    Lizzie got the hammer.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 10:41 PM PST

    TC please bring back Elite Drone from 4. He was my main swarm character the elite drone in 5 looks lame

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:56 PM PST

    TC, I have no idea what your vision is for Gears of War

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 10:39 PM PST

    I wanna start this off by saying that the Gears 5 Campaign is great. It's way bigger and more creative than I ever thought it would be. With that out of the way, let's move on to the rest of the game.

    I don't know exactly what your goals are with multiplayer and I honestly don't think you guys really do either. What is definitely clear and obvious is that you want more new players. But I think you really missed the mark here on getting new players for Gears 5 multiplayer. I'm talking about Arcade. Don't get me wrong, I've had fun in it. But I think it's just not enough to keep newbies playing. Gears 5 is still just the same old Gears, outside of its Campaign which actually takes risks and surprises you. You really should have made something in multiplayer that really gets people's attention and makes them think the game has finally evolved. Who cares if it's actually true or not the goal is to get them to buy your game and then keep spending money in it. You could have made a big scale mode with a higher player count and even some vehicles to use. This would have been a huge deal and if you did it right, people would buy into it. Sorry, Arcade isn't anything new. You made a kiddy pool.

    Then there's the idea of locking characters to their own abilities and skills in Horde and Escape. Oh and then making it so you cannot have duplicate characters. You kind of blew it here and Horde is more of the same. If you've played Horde in Gears 4 then you've basically played Gears 5 Horde. Except in Gears 4 you had less restrictions.

    The multiplayer being so....unpolished and raw is a huge disappointment to me. How many patches will it take? How many games will it take until we finally have the true and most balanced Gears multiplayer? In my opinion, it already exists as Gears 4 Competitive tuning. Then Gears 5 throws those learnings out the window and now it's like we're taking baby steps again. Seriously, TC, where are we going with this? Then there's E-Sports. Can someone just come out and say "Yes, there's only 45 people watching Gears 5." And then can we maybe stop trying too hard to make the series pick up as a popular E-Sports game? I don't see it happening. I've been a huge fan since Gears 1 and I've never had the urge to watch pro gameplay. Now imagine the average gamer who played the Campaign and then 2 matches of multiplayer.

    submitted by /u/ktsmith91
    [link] [comments]

    Hopefully we'll see her in Operation 2

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:01 PM PST

    TC won't give me Skorge, so I asked Santa.

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 03:28 AM PST

    Plz bring this skin to Operation 2 TC

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:12 AM PST

    Just your average queue time for an Australian

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 06:52 PM PST

    missed potential with Clayton Carmine

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:40 PM PST

    I personally think the writers did a great job with all of the legacy characters. I really only have one character to complain about, Clayton Carmine. I'm glad to have a Micheal Gough voiced Carmine return, but he seems wasted in this game. He is completely absent from the last cutscene despite him being right there in the gameplay seconds ago. It's like they just forgot about him. What bugs me more is when Lizzie died, I was really interested to see how Clayton would react, with him possibly being mad at JD. But it is never brought up and we never get to see Clay's reaction, which is so much wasted potential.

    submitted by /u/tburke360
    [link] [comments]

    Queen Myrrah when Adam Fenix killed all of the locust with the imulsion countermeasure weapon

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 12:28 PM PST

    [NEW TEMPLATE]Me and the boys going to get some pizza rolls after serving the Queen.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:23 PM PST

    What’s up not today, later this week.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 07:59 AM PST

    Drone Just Straight Up Gave Up On Life... The Game Audio Glitched Out TC better fix?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 11:47 AM PST

    JD do be looking kinda fresh tho

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:58 AM PST

    Sometimes I wish Gears had more PVE elements like Destiny

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 04:30 PM PST

    I feel like the game was testing the waters here and there in the campaign letting you go around freely. Even the horde/ escape has damage points. All that's missing is the RNG and the raids. Just me and wishful thinking

    submitted by /u/BDA1995
    [link] [comments]

    Skin bug?

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 08:18 PM PST

    I unlocked desert Kait and the final skins for general. However when I go to customize screen to select them it won't let me. It shows I have them unlocked. Is this a common problem or is there an easy fix?

    submitted by /u/Buckfuddr
    [link] [comments]

    Uhhhh How’d I get that kill lol

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 09:44 AM PST

    Love how I'm a solo player getting put up against groups of 3 or 4

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 04:33 PM PST

    Rant incoming:

    This is the 4th time in a row I get put into a game against a clan or a squad. I've never seen a group on my side.

    How is this not approached differently in the queuing?? I'm baffled honestly.

    If it's not teammates leaving after 1 round, it's being put against a squad and 3v1'd the whole time.

    Honestly this shit is ridiculous. I love Gears but multiplayer for this game just gets worse and worse with every installment.

    submitted by /u/24Sanzo
    [link] [comments]

    Attempt at a Trinity of Worms Banner translation.

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 03:12 PM PST

    So, as with some of you I was quite interested by the Trinity of Worms banner that TC brought into the store, especially with Kantus coming out here in TOD 2. So I used an old translation guide I have to attempt to translate the Locust runes on it and tell us all what it says.

    First: here is a picture of the banner so you can do your own comparisons, though I personally just looked at it in-game for my own translation.

    Second: This is the translation guide I used for the banner. So that you can also compare and see if you can fit in anything I missed.

    So, finally, my findings. They are ultimately incomplete due to the runes being altered somewhat or otherwise covered up by blood splatters, but I don't think it matters much anyways because what I found was:

    drg_

    u_dxyl

    abcn_f

    ylmohp

    012

    45

    789

    Sadly, it seems to just be gibberish and not actually say anything, which I have to admit feels quite disappointing and lazy of TC. Especially when they could have just put the mantra of the Trinity of Worms which can be found here. But anyways, if you want to try and fit in anything with that, feel free. But ultimately I don't think it actually means anything, just lazily pasted runes.

    submitted by /u/Pancreasaurus
    [link] [comments]

    Am I going crazy or did the Locust used to have five toes?

    Posted: 03 Dec 2019 04:06 AM PST

    I was playing through the campaign again last night and I got to Kadar. I noticed the diaper drones have strange feet with three toes but I could have sworn Locust had five toes before. Am I going crazy?

    submitted by /u/Pancreasaurus
    [link] [comments]

    Manned Turrets need to return!

    Posted: 02 Dec 2019 01:14 PM PST

    An essential dimension of Horde strategy was stripped from us and I feel very nearly alone in lamenting it: the Troika manned turret. The lack of it severely limits team composition viability at higher difficulties where certain roles can struggle to deal significant damage. Most teams require a JD to dish out enough punishment to succeed at anything higher than advanced. Are there any plans to address this?

    submitted by /u/The_Third_Word
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment