• Breaking News

    Tuesday, December 17, 2019

    Gears of War | What's Up - Dec 16th

    Gears of War | What's Up - Dec 16th


    What's Up - Dec 16th

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 01:45 PM PST

    You know what really grinds my Gears... (December 17, 2019)

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:05 AM PST

    THE RULES

    • SLAP THAT CAPSLOCK BUTTON (or don't)
    • WRITE ABOUT WHATEVER MAKES YOUR BLOOD BOIL.
    • OTHER PLAYERS WILL AGREE WITH YOU IN ALL CAPS.
    • SHOUTING AT EACH OTHER WILL MAKE EVERYTHING FINE AND DANDY.
    • SHARE KETCHUP RECIPIES WITH MARCUS AND MAKE HIM PROUD.
    • PLAY NICE WITH EACH OTHER AND FOLLOW THE RULES.

    Relevant Image

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    *sniff*....it's beautiful

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 04:47 PM PST

    FFA be like

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:39 PM PST

    Doing the gutted execution as RAAM>>>>

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 10:23 AM PST

    Oh my God! They killed Carmine!

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:28 AM PST

    Old man Baird, classic Baird, gilded Baird, mechanic Baird, suns out guns out Baird... ok ok are we forgetting hunky Lieutenant Baird?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 04:33 PM PST

    I just want Cog/Swarm custom skin loadouts back like Gears 4, or even for each character ��

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 05:34 PM PST

    Applaud my supreme power

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:23 AM PST

    For Real

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:46 AM PST

    Seems familiar

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 02:01 PM PST

    Why?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:46 PM PST

    Lobby Dissolved

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 02:37 AM PST

    So.. Kat's dad, Nate, looks like Gigachad and I can't unsee it.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 04:00 AM PST

    First human RAAM killed was a Carmine. They just have terrible luck

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 09:24 AM PST

    Ginger Keegan

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 07:56 AM PST

    So they took out totems?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 11:08 AM PST

    Season 2 Ranked - Documented - 18 Games (KOTH) - My Conclusions (Previously Masters)

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 02:42 PM PST

    Who am I?

    I'm just a kid that finished his finals for the semester and had a few days to grind out some ranked games before he heads home for the holiday. With how vocal people are about how broken ranked feels, I decided to document my experience with it to give one person's complete point of view. Now, this is only one person's experience, so it is not the end-all be-all, but I do believe I have some good information here. It could be better with more games and more data, but honestly I am tired of it and I am heading home soon anyway. This is what I got.

    When it comes to my general skill level, I believe myself to be a high diamond/low masters player, but I don't have a ton of experience with ranked Gears. I was always a casual player up until very very late into Gears 4 (Shortly before Gears 5 launch) when I started to gain interest. Last season I started ranked quite late after the reset, but I reached Masters in 2 days of solo queuing with about the same amount of games presented here. Also, I play on PC with MKB.

    https://imgur.com/a/7Q8gXjJ

    This album contains 53 pictures of the games that I have played since the 13th (All Ranked KOTH). The first picture is of a google sheets spreadsheet I used to document various information about all of these games.

    What I tracked:

    For each game: Quitters, Win/Loss, If I gained or lost rank points (And how much), Round duration, Map, MVP, Team Skill Points, and where I ended up in terms of rank.

    Most was done by hand, but I used a simple timer with push buttons that I found on YouTube to keep track of the start and stop time for each round. These times may be a few seconds off due to user error, but they are relatively accurate. Other mistakes I made include forgetting to take a screenshot of a round score board, so a few are missing from the album, and I started tracking my Rank Tier (Column K) after game 11, but I will talk about that later.

    Noteworthy Information:

    This can be a lot to go through for anyone, so here I will mention things that were interesting to me.

    Quitters: Only 3 games I played had any quitters. Games 5, 8, and 10. Will talk more about this in "Games That Upset Me"

    Placement Rank: Silver 1 - Game 1 presented here is the last game of my placements. I felt I did very well overall during them.

    MVP 7 of 18 games. (38.9%)

    My overall Win/Loss was 9/9. Dead even.

    Net Rank Points Overall: +10926 (Silver 1 to Gold 1)

    Out of 38 rounds, there were 13 rounds (34.2%) where I either won the round and lost points or lost the round and gained points. (11 gained points while losing, 2 lost points while winning)

    My team was favored to win only 6 games of the 18 (33.3%), and the average difference in skill points between teams was 7,123.89, although game 2 alone had a difference of 22.6k, which appears to be an outlier. (I don't care enough to do the math to figure that out) Regardless, a difference of 22k in a ranked game is absolutely ridiculous. As you can see, that game was a complete stomp.

    Allfathers Arena was played 7 of the 18 games (38.9%). Anytime it appeared, it was voted for (not by me) and chosen. Personally, I got tired of it real quick. I won only 1 of the 7 games on this map, although I had a net rank of +5194 points from this map.

    There seems to be a discrepancy between how many rank points I have before a game, how many I receive, and then how many I have after the game. As mentioned before, columns K and L tracked my post-game rank points and tier. I started tracking column L late, so I added it after game 11 and just filled in the previous numbers based on column K. After game 11, I started tracking them separately, and that's where I noticed the issue.

    Let's take game 13, for example. Before the game started, I was at 14,044 rank points. As a result of this game, I gained 6 rank points. This left me at 14,056 points... What? Can TC not do simple math? It appears so, as I noticed every single game afterwards that the numbers do not add up correctly at all. At one point, the numbers were off by 96 points! That's potentially an entire games worth! Something is going on here, and I do not understand it. Would love an answer to this lol.

    Games That Upset Me:

    Game 5: I had one quitter on my team. It was a loss, yet in terms of raw performance and score, I outperformed the entire enemy team. I felt that going even would have been fair, but instead I lost 458 rank points. This upset me.

    Game 8: Two quitters on the enemy team. It was an easy win (2-0), and I did well (Was MVP), but I lost points during the 2nd round. This upset me.

    Game 15: This game was HARD. I got carried a little bit. We were down in skill points by 13,374 (The 2nd highest gap out of 18 games), I had a higher score than anyone on the enemy team, and we won in 3 rounds, yet I lost 92 rank points from that game. I tried so flippin hard to get that win, so seeing that -92 really upset me.

    My Conclusions:

    Overall, this felt a lot harder than the last time I was grinding ranked, and I only made it to Gold 1 in about the same amount of time instead of Masters. I think a lot of it has to do with timing and where people were placed. Previously, I played ranked late into the season, so I think most people were closer to their intrinsic skill ratings. Due to this, my games in silver/gold were very easy and I flew up in the ranks quickly. Now, even all the diamond and masters players are in bronze/silver/gold, so the games at this rank are extremely difficult, making it hard to rank up as quickly, if at all. In game 4, the player Hearth was on my team. There is a picture in the album of him being the only person in masters KOTH at that time, while I was in silver.

    On top of this, the "total team skill" counters do not always make sense. In game 7, the enemy team total skill was 97,798, so the average player on their team had 19,560 points. They were very clearly top tier players, as it was the hardest game I had ever played, yet not a single one of them was actually in masters at the time. I am guessing they were probably all in silver/gold to get put against me, yet their total skill is 98k? That math doesn't add up, unless the numbers they are showing are actually hidden MMR numbers that don't correlate to where the people are actually ranked at the time.

    Again, I was in silver playing against 5 top tier players. How am I supposed to get out of silver going against that? Shouldn't I play against actual silver players until I get out of silver? If you are going to put me up against high ranking players when I am in bronze/silver/gold, and I do well against them, my rank should be corrected quickly. I should be flying up/skipping ranks instead of getting stuck at a low rank playing against top dogs.

    Lot's of things don't make sense considering what we are shown and how ranked feels. Hopefully this sheds awareness to a few things and maybe we can get some answers.

    I could go into SPM per round and what it took to go positive, but that isn't happening right now. I just wanted to post what I have to see if other people are having similar experiences/start a discussion.

    What I want answers to:

    1. Can we expect adjustments to the rounds where we win but lose points? If so, how soon?
    2. What's up with the discrepancy between rank points earned and where we actually end up?
    3. Why am I playing against super high ranking players when I am in silver?
    4. What's up with the gnasher hipfire?
    submitted by /u/SLAPAK97
    [link] [comments]

    Baird best boy

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 02:29 PM PST

    TC, can you make it so we can equip executions like gutted, neck snap and the curb stomps to other weapons?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 11:04 AM PST

    I want my pistol the be the beat down, but all the good executions are for pistol. Let me put some of these executions on my gnasher or something since the T-ball execution is shit.

    submitted by /u/CthulhuMadness
    [link] [comments]

    2v2 Gnashers

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 05:13 PM PST

    This game mode really shows off how inconstant the shotguns are

    submitted by /u/Agent-Active
    [link] [comments]

    Were COG Gears expendable during the locust war?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 12:54 AM PST

    Was your average rank and file gear more expendable or more of a commodity.

    submitted by /u/happiercheese46
    [link] [comments]

    I found Storm Collectibles Kait at a local show yesterday.

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 08:53 AM PST

    What’s the best way to spend Iron?

    Posted: 17 Dec 2019 03:43 AM PST

    Should it be used for tour refreshes or is there something better?

    submitted by /u/TheLongNightKing
    [link] [comments]

    How are people level 17 with Lizzie already?????

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 02:09 PM PST

    Why are there no KOTH/Deathmatch/Execution/etc... challenges?

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 08:54 PM PST

    I'm getting pretty tired of getting Escape and Horde challenges. When I get home from work, I want to hop on some multiplayer and play the game I love. I dont want to waste 2 hours doing 5 Escapes and then 25 waves of Insane horde. I never play Horde, not hating on people who do, but I've never enjoyed it. I enjoy PvP.

    submitted by /u/Insomnialcoholic
    [link] [comments]

    It's hard to get executions because ya'll keep blastin' them ��

    Posted: 16 Dec 2019 04:06 PM PST

    (I wanted to be more clever but I'm in the middle of Horde. I still love you)

    submitted by /u/MagnaNazer
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment