• Breaking News

    Friday, November 1, 2019

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 01, 2019)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (November 01, 2019)


    Daily Discussion (November 01, 2019)

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 03:05 AM PDT

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Couldn't they had just put the "duplicate characters not permitted" somewhere where it doesn't block the last person so we know who needs to change? It was lazily slapped on.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 09:33 PM PDT

    All those hours cutting and painting were worth it. My first DIY costume!

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 11:35 PM PDT

    Anybody else think the locust had a better design than the swarm?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 07:57 AM PDT

    When Gears fans ask TC about Anya.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:32 PM PDT

    I typically don’t do this, but the dude that killed me went on to be MVP and win the match. I had over 20 eliminations, top of my team, and my team still lost. This guy went to have even more absurd kills just like this.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:32 PM PDT

    Made a short but in-depth Longshot Blindfire Tutorial for those of you who want to improve your consistency landing blindfires

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:09 PM PDT

    Happy Halloween! Revving our favorite game at the office

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:42 AM PDT

    My humble thoughts on Horde and how to improve it

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:21 PM PDT

    Let me start off by saying I love horde and would consider myself a horde main. I think this is one of the best implementations of horde with some easily fixable flaws. I do think people look at some of the original horde iterations with rose-tinted glasses. Gears 2 was great but bosses were kind of needed. Gears 3 was great, but boss difficulty varied too wildly and the specific bases reduced creativity and variety. Gears 4 was great, but enemy types were too restrictive and everyone just stayed in turrets for 3 hours. I think Gears 5 has good variety and the most room for improvement due to Gears 5's status as a live service.

    I personally like the character-based card system vs the class-based system as it allows for more variety of gameplay and might have people discover new characters and playstyles that they might have not otherwise considered. That being said, I completely agree content should come out faster and that we should remove the character restriction. If TC finds that the optimal build is 4 JDs and 1 Del, then they should look at balancing the characters more closely.

    I think the major issue is lack of interesting cards. Flat number increases are fine, but when that's all there is, it makes for boring characters. I think there should be more cards that offer truly unique gameplay. I personally think the Cog Gear is really interesting. The snub pistol headshots that offers stim to nearby allies is such a unique and interesting card. During horde, I find myself running around and popping headshots around each of my allies, then switching back to lancer or claw. I think more cards like that can truly make for unique and fun experiences. Imagine a card for Fahz that makes it so Markza or boltok shots freeze enemies, then all of a sudden, you have interesting gameplay. You freeze with one gun, then switch to longshot/embar/torque and one shot heavies. It has been brought up before, but exploding headshots from Gears 4 was an interesting card that actually changed your gameplay, I think we need more of these cards.

    Also, specifically for engineers, I think the introduction of newer engineers should follow some sort of specialty. Perhaps Baird gets a unique flamethrower turret he can build that Del can't. Or maybe Baird gets to upgrade walls to level 5 where other engineers can't. Right now, because Del is the only engineer, he kinda does it all in terms of fortifications, but I think it would be interesting if future engineers specialize in something (walls, turrets, lockers, some new fabrication, maybe one particular engineer gets to build the silverback).

    Lastly, I think Gears 5 is in an excellent position to explore new enemy types and bosses with its current event system. I personally loved the 2 horde events that have premiered. The Dark Fate and Mad Halloween event. I think this system could be interestingly used to explore new bosses that could potentially be added permanently or constantly rotated. For instance, I would like to see Raam added as a horde boss and if TC feels that is not canon, then make him a swarm version (with crystals and swarm leeches instead of krill) and that would also make for interesting skin they could sell and offer as earnable later. The idea here is you could try it out and if people love it, you bring it back every so often or add to the permanent rotation of horde bosses. I also think we need a tactile boss instead of a pure bullet sponge like all the current bosses. I like how the torque bow hunters act in campaign. Imagine a much faster version boss for horde where it is constantly shifting from cover to cover (one where a Fahz would shine instead of JD) and poses a real threat instead of just rushing the base like most bosses (think Skorge). Best thing about using the event is that they act a trial to test things out. Also, please add more level 5 mini-bosses too. I feel Wardens are the most unique enemy type added to Gears 5 and I love them.

    TL;DR: Add more unique cards, have future engineers fill a unique role, and use the event system to test run new bosses and mini-bosses (and maybe even enemy types).

    P.S. obligatory fix the wall exploit as it is ruining horde

    submitted by /u/Funkbot_3000
    [link] [comments]

    Cant find The Mad Monsters horde matches

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 01:16 AM PDT

    I really want the skins....

    Anyone know what difficulty is the most popular?

    submitted by /u/EIectron
    [link] [comments]

    Horde still being plagued by Griefer

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 09:55 AM PDT

    Ive seen the topic brought up and today marks the first day ive had it happen but a dude playing as jack came in the game and moved everything or took it out of bounds. Now its was not my game but the dude was pretty upset this happened so he pause to wait the jack out only for the jack to taunt and say how he can wait all day.... The vote to kick option need to be implemented for this toxic reason.

    submitted by /u/Helluvamelee
    [link] [comments]

    Love this execution

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 04:09 PM PDT

    Weapon Select Screen in Escalation

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:15 PM PDT

    Can we add a controller rumble or some sort of sound to let the person who is selecting a weapon know it's their turn?

    Everyday I see people not selecting anything likely because they don't know it's their turn.

    submitted by /u/RemyMartinMac
    [link] [comments]

    I was feeling myself yesterday

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 06:06 AM PDT

    Gear In The Machine Podcast - Talking Matchmaking (Official Link)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 04:16 PM PDT

    Feeling down? Crawl to your teamates for a cuppa and a biscuit

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 10:42 AM PDT

    New Tuning Feedback Thread

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 02:41 PM PDT

    How is everyone feeling about the new Lancer tuning?

    Do you think it's done enough to curb intense lancer crossing, or should it be tuned again?

    submitted by /u/dtpx89
    [link] [comments]

    Jack horde Primary Fire Bug

    Posted: 01 Nov 2019 01:27 AM PDT

    Hey guys,

    It know happened twice that after I hijack I can't use my primary fire (rt) any more? Did some of you had that already? Any way to fix that apart from leaving the game and start a new?

    submitted by /u/IINaurulI
    [link] [comments]

    When this glitch is gone, a lot of Del’s will be cryin

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:12 AM PDT

    Gears 5 Daily Store - October 31, 2019 - Skull Mark (100 iron)

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 10:05 AM PDT

    Can't play Gears 4 (PC) co-op with friend.

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 08:08 PM PDT

    Hey y'all,

    Me and a friend have been bashing our heads against gears 4 for a few months now trying to get it to work but no matter what we do, we keep running into issues. My friend keeps getting a HATTON error code, even when I have my router in DMZ mode. What the hell is going on? Any ideas?

    submitted by /u/ETPC
    [link] [comments]

    How does ranked matchmaking work?

    Posted: 31 Oct 2019 01:31 PM PDT

    I feel like half the time I get matched against vastly better opponents and my teammates are sitting there trying to hit them with a shotgun from across the map. It really doesn't feel balanced at all.

    submitted by /u/Lasallexc
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment