• Breaking News

    Wednesday, January 22, 2020

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (January 22, 2020)

    Gears of War | Daily Discussion (January 22, 2020)


    Daily Discussion (January 22, 2020)

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:05 AM PST

    This daily thread is for random discussion and quick questions. Feel free to discuss anything from gears to gaming in general.

    submitted by /u/AutoModerator
    [link] [comments]

    Gears of War Judgement's biggest sin is how quiet The Cole Train was

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 07:19 PM PST

    Current feelings towards Gears 5 multiplayer since release

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 09:17 PM PST

    Storm Collectibles making my collection complete. Made custom mods to these figures so the guns can be magnetized to their backs. I have a mod process video on YouTube at Egrka. Anyone else collect these bad boys? I want a bearded JD figure next lol

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 08:13 PM PST

    Kate finally shows her true colors

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 01:09 PM PST

    Tattoo is finally healing, Does this look infected to you?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 06:33 PM PST

    I know banners are filler content but a banner of this just the warden on it would be pretty cool to see in game

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:58 AM PST

    Onyx guard salute emote has been updated

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 04:50 PM PST

    no longer is it "FOR THR COG" like JD's

    It's

    No retreat, No surrender, No defeat

    This is just awesome.

    submitted by /u/GnarlyInfant
    [link] [comments]

    Can we not have the escape cinematic show from now on?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:34 PM PST

    Just put it on the original three hives and take it off the rest... The loading screen feels so much longer because of it, and it makes me never want to play with iron man on.

    submitted by /u/webb79
    [link] [comments]

    Why do fans hate gears 5? Legit question

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 01:15 AM PST

    Having only played the game a small bit, and loving the campaign, why do fans seem to hate the game? Do you hate multiplayer? Do you hate horde? What's wrong with it exactly and why is it different from 4?

    submitted by /u/blackstar877
    [link] [comments]

    I just finished my marathon of all the Gears games, my thoughts on Gears 5 and what I personally think will come from THAT choice.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 12:29 PM PST

    As the title states, about 10 days ago I decided to play through all of the Gears of War games, well last night I finished my marathon of playing through them, with Judgement, 4, and 5 being my first times on those games. I have been with the series since 2 and absolutely LOVE the games. My thoughts on Judgment, for those interested, can be found here.

    *Gears of War 4\*

    There is not a whole lot for me to say about Gears 4 beyond that while it was enjoyable, it also felt like the Coalition was playing it far too safe and as a result, the beginning felt incredibly dull. I like the game once we got out of section 2 and after you defend Kait's village from DeeBees. I liked the idea of fighting the COG as a cool twist for the start but them being robots kinda took the fun away, tho narratively it made sense. (that sounds bad, but when I play Gears I think bloody and gory combat with excellent storytelling showcasing the drama of war)

    I loved the idea of the Swarm, tho I felt they were better in 5. And as far as characters go, it makes sense that JD didn't blow me away as the main character as he is supposed to just be "the rebellious son/ ex-soldier" type that has been depicted many times. But because of this, I feel it helps direct focus to the characters of Del and Kait, which when 5 is played immediately afterward, it helps the player enjoy them more. And that twist at the end is perfect when I first saw that I felt my heart drop and my excitement rise. Never before has the last 2 seconds of a game, to my knowledge, so perfectly take it from what could easily be a one-off, to setting up for a whole new trilogy. My only other gripe is that I just wish the new guns were better overall, not many of them stood out, and I mostly found myself choosing to go with the classic gears arsenal instead.

    *Gears 5\*

    I'll start this off by saying...HOLY FUCK this game was absolutely NOT what I expected, in a good way. I'll elaborate, I hated when they changed the name, sure we always have shortened it to Gears when talking about it, but to actually change the name I felt was dumb. Also, the advertisements were cringey as fuck with Billie Eilish music set over an overly edgy clip of Kait's face morphing and stretching (you know the one) and because of that I felt they were taking the tone in the absolute wrong direction, long gone were the days of the "Mad World" tones, I thought.
    And while they still did change the tone a decent bit, it certainly wasn't the tone of those trailers, thankfully.
    I loved that the Coalition felt more comfortable to experiment with the formula. I loved the open-world exploration, especially the first area, as it opened up for much more in-game dialogue and conversations between characters. I also loved the world-building and to see how certain areas from the original trilogy have since changed over the past 20+ years. I also felt Kait as the main character was the right choice given what we already knew about her, her importance easily trumped JD's as far as narrative goes so if we did stay as JD for the whole game I felt that would have been a mistake, they knew exactly the perfect moment to switch and handled it amazingly well. I was also ecstatic to see the Carmines return in much more heavily prominent light as opposed to what was essentially an easter egg in 4. I also LOVED having Jack in a more prominent role and I felt him as a character was well executed and it wouldn't have been as good without him I feel.
    I loved the story as well, going back to the lab from 2 was nuts to me, seeing the door blown open, finding Niles, it was a rush of nostalgia that perfectly fit into the narrative. Finding the collectibles and discovering the backstory of the locust and Myrrah herself was also fantastic, though I'm waiting for my theory of Adam Fenix being Kait's grandfather to also become true as I think that would create a whole new dynamic between her and Marcus. Also seeing Paduck again was great and I loved seeing more UIR stuff. My only disappointments were how short you could tell the story really is if you don't free roam, and that the ending boss felt sort of just out of nowhere, like do we ALWAYS have to have a Kraken as a boss? It feels more like an in-joke at this point. Overall I loved Gears 5, and I felt it helped make 4 more worth it in terms of narrative and playability. Though I also feel it started to fall off a bit near the end, not too much, much definitely by a little bit.

    *The choice: Del or JD. Who was the canon choice? Where I think it will lead. And why the choice was even a choice\*

    I've seen this debated for a while now, but I feel the answer is pretty clear on who the canon choice was, now hear me out and read this whole part before jumping to conclusions lol, I feel the obvious choice was to let JD die. I know people don't like seeing a Fenix die, and that they DEFINITELY don't want to see Marcus lose another person, but heres the thing. The game sets up for JD to die, you find out he ordered to shoot protesters, he starts hanging out with Fahz who, at the time, is clearly made out to be the bad guy of the group. JD also jumps to think Kait is going to turn against them and is just an overall asshole near the beginning. And then he comes back, this is where I knew who the canon choice was, JD's story is a redemption story, and almost all redemption stories end with the person getting his redemption, but ultimately dying with it. JD comes back, is all nice again, he's made Fahz nice-er. But in turn he also becomes the same headstrong, whatever it takes, man that he used to be. It's clearly meant that he is supposed to die, he is the more emotional death as far as narrative and how much it affects Del and Marcus.

    Heres a theory that I feel makes it clear, Clayton Carmine, and the Carmines in general, are meant to be a living parody of Marcus' tragic life. Clayton and Marcus are both the only people in their families that are able to make it through seemingly anything. Carmine loses every other member of his family that signs up, Anthony, Ben, Gary, and Lizzie. Marcus in the same right has also lost nearly anyone he is close to and those people who he lost also experienced losing everyone they loved. He lost his parents, he lost Anya, and he lost Dom. In turn, Dom also lost his parents, his kids and Maria (who lost her parents) and Anya lost her parents. Marcus and Carmine both share the theme that death follows them wherever they go and I feel that theme is partly another piece of evidence that shows why JD was the one meant to die. Also Marcus says something along the lines of "see you on the other side" directly to JD just before that happens, its blatant foreshadowing that something bad is meant to happen to JD. And people argue that Del was the right choice because he didnt do much, but if anything that makes less sense and why would the Coalition want to waste such an important moment on someone who hasnt had nearly as much development up to that point. And I have a theory as to why there was even a choice to begin with.

    My theory as to why there is a choice at all is a simple one. The Coalition wants the player to decide which character they like more, so then that character's death will hold a greater personal impact in Gears 6. They basically set it up for you to personally select who is going to have the "Dom" moment of Gears 6. I feel the survivor will either sacrifice themselves to make an opening to kill the new Queen or they will sacrifice themselves to kill the new Queen. I personally feel they'll create an opening, in which either Kait or Marcus will sacrifice themselves to take her out. I don't see Gears 6 having a happy ending where they all live. I feel most of them are going to die, or they all will as the theme of the games has always been about the soldiers sacrifice and duty, how they're all just "gears of the war machine" who must be willing to put their lives on the line to save the rest of the world, I could easily see them all dying to end the war (Marcus, Kait, and the chosen survivor) and I feel that's how Marcus will go out, he will have lost everyone, he hates what the COG has become. His family and most of his friends are waiting for him on that "other side". And those who are still alive, while they will be sad, they still have people to go back home to.

    The game seemingly is going to continue immediately, or not too long, after 5. So as far as books are concerned they dont have to put a ton of work into making separate stories if the survivor also dies shortly after and with it being told how that survivor dies in the games. They won't even have to put them in the books. Thus not disrupting anything.

    End

    Final notes: if you read this whole thing then thank you so much, I love writing these pseudo-reviews/theories and its great to see what everyone else thinks. If I missed anything just understand that I do these for fun and write them off the top of my head. So please leave your theories below, I'd love to read them, and/or your opinions, thanks!

    submitted by /u/TheDaileyGamer
    [link] [comments]

    GNASHER FIXED dont listen to the lies!!! feels like launch gears

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 02:27 PM PST

    I played as Jack on horde and used a 2nd controller as a decoy for enemies to get down for me to revive. I got over 80 revs and none of them were counted. Does anyone know how to grind revs for this challenge?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 06:17 PM PST

    Is there any benefit playing claw over tournament control scheme?

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:54 AM PST

    A lot of the good players I see still seem to play with the A button as run/cover and they play with their hand in the claw position.

    Why not just play tournament and switch run/cover to LB so you never have to take your fingers off the sticks?

    Are they simply used to the claw? Is there something I'm missing?

    submitted by /u/Chubboz_
    [link] [comments]

    How am I earning challenges without crafting and equipping the totem? I’m not complaining though

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 02:22 PM PST

    Weekly rewards

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:33 AM PST

    I've been getting back into play gears more regularly. Today I noticed I got a chalkboard lancer gl for top percentage in one of the escapes. I am unaware of how or what this applies if someone could explain how and what offer these rewards? Thank you so much in advance. I apologize if this gets asked often.

    submitted by /u/JonnyKidd97
    [link] [comments]

    I'm not in a squad, TC. Still breaking things it seems.

    Posted: 22 Jan 2020 02:06 AM PST

    THEY LIED

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 10:28 AM PST

    Is the gnasher good now?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 08:23 PM PST

    Does it stop doing weird shit on close quarters?

    submitted by /u/Gabito264
    [link] [comments]

    In versus, why is it always cog vs. swarm, and not cog vs uir?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 09:13 PM PST

    Why not have the uir step in as a 3rd faction for random roll vs reasons. It's not like uir didn't fight the cog at one point. Bring em in!

    submitted by /u/kalitarios
    [link] [comments]

    What have they done to the Kantus voice

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 04:20 PM PST

    Seriously, easily one of the best aspects of the character, he now soundS like a toddler with a voice filter... UGH

    submitted by /u/Mege92
    [link] [comments]

    For anybody having issues with their game freezing after the Update on their console, TC is aware.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 02:49 PM PST

    All things considered, this is still a very challenging game.

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 02:04 PM PST

    Yes it's not as hard as earlier GoW games but compared to every other shooter on the market, this is still a challenging game to be GREAT at.

    Sure it's easier for any scrub to go out and get a couple kills, but if you wanna be truly good, there is still a steep learning curve and in a generation of weak minded players who need their hand held, I appreciate that more than ever.

    I do wish I could see how many kills I have though... that's fucking annoying.

    submitted by /u/Chubboz_
    [link] [comments]

    Is Ranked Still Broken after TU4?

    Posted: 21 Jan 2020 08:34 PM PST

    Knowing TC it probably still is

    submitted by /u/MapleJordan_22
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment